Options
2»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Glockoma said:
    Got it; essentially benched lol

Eh, "pretty good when boosted" is a million miles away from "bad, can't use ever." There's what, like 3 or 4 5* that you can use unboosted?

On Chasm week he'll be everywhere and he'll be pretty good! He's just no longer better than, say, boosted Banner this week.

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

My simple answer is, more often 😂

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Glockoma said:
    Yeah I took him for a spin in regular play. I carry the same sentiment mentioned here: I struggled to find any utility for him outside of the start of turn stun.

If they release a support that does the same thing, he’s effectively F tier.

Like many a meta before him, I don’t quite understand the “rebalance…just to rebalance a few years later” approach.

I may be wrong, but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one thinking he’s probably forgettable.

He's still got uses in PvE because of the first turn stun but much more niche. He's a decent scarecrow in Lightning rounds but outside of that he's useless in PvP. He had already been countered by a handful of characters when they neutered him but by then enough folks had complained because the masses hate a defensive meta. He's shelved.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

Context: Only 4 newly champed 5 stars and my Chasm is 4,3,3

I use him regularly in PVP with my champ Omega. You get 2 hits of Omega for free and I swear they only give you match 4s and 5s when Chasm starts, so the amount of starting damage is lovely for me.

I typically take him anytime there is an MThor and definitely anytime there are 4stars since, stopping MThors starting charge tiles is essential for me because she is far too random OP, and any 4 stars are dead before they hit their 2nd match. If the fight goes long due to tons of health, his AP drain is still very useful for me also, which leaves them dealing with Omega spores for a long time.

I do agree they hit his revive too hard, he is basically dead when he revives anyway, but I will actually be pursuing him to finish him ASAP. In my brackets, I still see a LOT of Chasm iHulk.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I still see a lot of chahulk teams mostly on SIM but sometimes on regular pvp too.
    The damage deterrent is still high as before so is as good as any other defensive team, like the returning okoye omega ihulk.

• nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options

can I still sell chasm for bounty?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@nippy said:
    can I still sell chasm for bounty?

Mine still shows the increased buyback value.

• Oldman
    Oldman Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

What kind of tokens do u receive if u decide to sell him?, i´ve seen a get iso back a 13 tokens i do not recognize

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Tokens to a vault with all the 5* chars except Chasm.
    You get to reroll every champ level you had on him,basically.

• Oldman
    Oldman Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

ty bowgentle, i don´t know if a really want to do it, i may be getting covers of characters i dont like

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

That’s exactly correct. I would be hesitant to sell given the dilution.