MPQ Developer Q&A October 2023 (Questions)

Options

Comments

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 65 Match Maker
    edited October 2023
    Options

Can new offers in game release time be changed so that it doesn't happen within 30min of PvE times. Currently they drop right when S2 PvE ends and pop-ups right in middle of s2 PvE grind & clear. It is very distracting. Also VIP rewards purchase isn't working for Amazon app users. When click on it, it flashes to VIP purchase screen and boots out immediately.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2023
    Options

With dual release of 3/5 stars having basically the same abilities but different aesthetics, will we see the 3-star version phase out so it's only a 5 star release since we have champion 2.0? Or will 3 star versions get different ability sets from the 5 star counterpart?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Have there been any thought about running old boss events? Boss Rush which was run only once comes to mind. Likewise Places of power and Sinister 600. Thanks!

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Have you considered running some of the old one off events again, such as the Antman, Hulks or Coulson ones?

• Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options

Can you give us a rough timeline of when characters will be available to be ascended?
    I clearly misunderstood the concept that it would be a rapid roll out. As a result my roster is now clogged and my vine is full of expiring covers. I’m not asking for dates but I thought I remembered it was said before the end of the year. Not at this pace it won’t. So every three months, six months; what are you thinking?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think "before the end of the year" was the timeframe for supports in PVP, Colog.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Also, for those players who happen to be hardcore Bongophiles, or Spider-woman admirers, or big fans of any other lower-tier character who's no longer relevant at your tier, you're in luck!

Let me tell you all about a new mechanic called Ascension...

I’m thoroughly glad you are not one of the developers of this game.

• allen_koholic
    Options

@axmoss said:
    With dual release of 3/5 stars having basically the same abilities but different aesthetics, will we see the 3-star version phase out so it's only a 5 star release since we have champion 2.0? Or will 3 star versions get different ability sets from the 5 star counterpart?

I didn’t want to use my one question on this, but I feel like the 3/5 releases are hindering design. I am hoping they revisit the idea of standalone 5 releases.

This game is already exceptionally bloated.

• roderic1
    roderic1 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options

A QoL issue that has bugged me for a long time: the way the mission map moves around when you go into a node or slides around when you try to use the back gesture in Android. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@roderic1 said:
    A QoL issue that has bugged me for a long time: the way the mission map moves around when you go into a node or slides around when you try to use the back gesture in Android. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Yeah, if it could just save your spot that would help a ton.

• axmoss
    Options

@allen_koholic said:

@axmoss said:

I didn’t want to use my one question on this, but I feel like the 3/5 releases are hindering design. I am hoping they revisit the idea of standalone 5 releases.

This game is already exceptionally bloated.

i mean it's one per month, i'll find another 11 to ask the rest of the year. someone's gotta ask it.

• allen_koholic
    Options

i mean it's one per month, i'll find another 11 to ask the rest of the year. someone's gotta ask it.

Sorry if it didn’t come across right, but I was thanking you for asking it. The 3/5 releases are less than ideal for a few reasons.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

Any plans to update or improve vault token opening? The process of opening multiple saved tokens is pretty cumbersome and on my last Taco opening spree I managed to accidently buy a 10 pack due to the confirm button being centered over the purchase options.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options

How was the anniversary for you guys? Was it everything you hoped for on your end? Were you able to enjoy it or was it just more work?

• Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options

Any plans to change your name back to Demiurge? You sure are acting like them lately. Might as well just have truth in advertising.

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

The amount of speed hackers in PvE seem to be increasing. What are your confidence levels that you have the ability to police the game?

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

When or IF we will ever see 6 star people

• axmoss
    Options

@slidecage said:

no thanks. we just got the ability to ascend ranks. dont think we need to ascend to 6-stars.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:

They've answered this in past Q&A. There are no plans to ever do 6 stars at the moment.