Predator and Prey - 6/4 - 6/7 How does it feel to be hunted?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Shielded at around 900 PTs with a defense of the loner BP, storm level 1, and hawkeye level 17. I was wondering what would happen if I had a weak defense while shielded. PlAyed one round after my shield wore off. Though about shielding again but got greedy and played one more match. BOOM! Loss of 80, then another 85, them 130. It was a mission climbing back up into the top 10. Had to use 3 shields this event. Most I've ever used.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tried to fit that one last match in....just missed the end....

Ended up 11th....

Oh well, onto Starfall.....
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    After several events where I struggled to make top 50 (and one where I didn't even make it), this was an unexpected success for me. Mind you, I still had a wall of 1op-tier 141 opponents from start to finish, but apparently a buffed 1/5/5 Panther can cope with them well enough that I was able to shield-hop my way to 4th place.

Of course this puts my Sentry at 2/1/0, so I'm still tinykittied in Starfall. Oh well.

BTW, having tried Hulk, Patch and OBW as the third team member for my Panther & Lazy Cap duo, I found that good ol' reliable OBW actually works best in terms of finishing fights faster and taking less damage. Especially if the opposing team also has OBW, or CMags. If I'm going to spend the early stages of each match denying purple, I might as well have a purple user on my team.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded for 24 hours the day before at #2 and ended up at #9, though I spent a lot of time checking my score in case nobody at #11-15 sneaked up on me. Probably should've just played more but didn't really feel like playing this event in conjunction with TaT nodes every 2h 24m.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lucked out and got a fluffy bracket of life(tm) once again, got first with 1030, no late climbers.
    Well, except my wife, who snuck into top 10, but that was the idea icon_e_wink.gif

Onto Starfall with a level 77 Sentry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    906 was good for sixth, which was a bit of a shock. Highest I've placed since the craziness started. Admittedly, also most I've spent on shields, ever, but even gross - 450 HP - was worth it at 150 HP per cover, and net - 250 HP - was even better. And I can spend at least the next PVP building HP back up, since I don't need the covers.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    906 was good for sixth, which was a bit of a shock. Highest I've placed since the craziness started. Admittedly, also most I've spent on shields, ever, but even gross - 450 HP - was worth it at 150 HP per cover, and net - 250 HP - was even better. And I can spend at least the next PVP building HP back up, since I don't need the covers.
    Don't you want to push for the 1100 progression reward? icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Top10 in my bracket:

#1. 1021
    #2. me at 940
    #3-#10. 911 - 782

No known nicknames in my bracket. Guess I'm gently nudged into easier and easier brackets...

I spend total of 600 on shields, but only due to the fact I was offline most of the time and wasn't able to grind near the end.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1 - 1261
    2 - 1083
    9 - 1000
    10 - 903

Pretty ugly bracket I found... as always ;/ still top 10 so whatever
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ouch!

uxkc45r.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry about that Microtom. ( I was watching you creep up at the end. I had my finger on the fight button for the last 5 minutes.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Hehe, this is what our Forumite Bracket of Sadface looked like:

H5w7cCT.png?1
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Hehe, this is what our Forumite Bracket of Sadface looked like

And I thought I was joining at a good time to NOT end up with something like that! icon_lol.gif
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Geesh. Glad I was not in that one.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

And I thought I was joining at a good time to NOT end up with something like that! icon_lol.gif
    Fortunately, I specifically seek out brackets in which 1000 points gets you Top 25. icon_cool.gif

... wait, no, the opposite of that. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    First time i've had top10 in ages thanks to a couple of defensive wins whilst I was shielded. 872 points was just enough for #10.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Talahamut wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

Fortunately, I specifically seek out brackets in which 1000 points gets you Top 25. icon_cool.gif

... wait, no, the opposite of that. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_sad.gif
    Ones where 1000 ISN'T enough for 25? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looking at these screenshots I'm almost thinking that amount of HP spent on shields is used to decide how to group people up in brackets.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I have thought of it as well. If you use more than 2-3 shields you are usually bound to get at least top 25, which is not a bad placement, so next time game looks at your history and decides you like challenge and multiple shielding. But it also looks at your placement anyway, shields or not.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Looking at these screenshots I'm almost thinking that amount of HP spent on shields is used to decide how to group people up in brackets.

Who the heck knows? Surprised eye color and zodiac signs are not included in sharding decisions. For me, I spent 225hp for this pvp but spent only 1 3hr (75hp) in the prior. I usually net HP but I know a few in that bracket spent quite a bit more as a few 24hrs went up the day before it ended and they shield hopped too. I think if you don't use shields, you will naturally get sharded in a lower bracket bc your points will be in the 600-800 range unless you have amazing timing and luck at the end.