Predator and Prey - 6/4 - 6/7 How does it feel to be hunted?

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    With how much I'm struggling in these PvP events, I've been considering it. That's why I need someone to talk me out of it.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    I for some reason keep seeing the title of this thread as "How does it feel to be burned?" every time I check this forum.
    Even though I know it's not. I think my brain is broken.

Since the title is chopped off within the thread, I've been reading it as "How does it feel to be a Hun?" It...uh...doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    With how much I'm struggling in these PvP events, I've been considering it. That's why I need someone to talk me out of it.
    Don't look at me.

The only thing holding me back is that I'd have to give D3 more money first and that's not happening.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Don't look at me.

The only thing holding me back is that I'd have to give D3 more money first and that's not happening.

Don't buy packs. As much of a risk it is to shield-hop, you're still better off spending HP for shields to try and get 3* covers than buying packs or covers directly (if you're going to spend HP at all). It does take some time to figure out at about what point range you're going to get slammed/when you need to shield/how long you can safely stay unshielded. The lower your character levels, the less time you can afford to stay unshielded. And even with max characters, it can blow up in your face. If I had waited even a minute longer to shield, I'd be at about 700 instead of 900.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Don't look at me.

Don't buy packs. As much of a risk it is to shield-hop, you're still better off spending HP for shields to try and get 3* covers than buying packs or covers directly (if you're going to spend HP at all). It does take some time to figure out at about what point range you're going to get slammed/when you need to shield/how long you can safely stay unshielded. The lower your character levels, the less time you can afford to stay unshielded. And even with max characters, it can blow up in your face. If I had waited even a minute longer to shield, I'd be at about 700 instead of 900.

I wish I would actually wind up in a position just to feel like I need to consider Shield Hopping. The way these PvP events are going, I'm having doubts I'll even be able to get up to 600 points, which won't be anywhere near the Top 50 to get even 1 3* cover.

And I think the only reason I did well in ONE event was because of the server problems during... whichever event it was. I was able to get up to a high amount of points and Shield before things were working properly.
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    This event officially goes down as the biggest struggle I've ever had in this game. I was BARELY able to crack 700. Thankfully, it's over.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got yellow BP for tinykitty and giggles.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    I for some reason keep seeing the title of this thread as "How does it feel to be burned?" every time I check this forum.

Since the title is chopped off within the thread, I've been reading it as "How does it feel to be a Hun?" It...uh...doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Maybe Black Panther is of Mongolian descent.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gah! I tied for 25th in my bracket but got slotted at 26th.... so close to that extra 50hp and 1k iso icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Do you face maxed 2*s or maxed 3*s from the start? Whatever switch they flipped matches me with 85s until the 900 mark.
    I face 3*s from the start, but then once I reach above 500 or 600 the 85s start showing up and I struggle to find matches worth more than 25 points. Took too long to reach 700 and once there I kept losing more points than I was gaining
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Kh1266, if you're on the forum, congrats. 1073 in this PVP with your team is pretty impressive.

And congrats to everyone else who survived our Forumite Bracket of Sadface!
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

Maybe Black Panther is of Mongolian descent.

twysta/nemek....great playing with you guys in this one.

Managed 2nd in my first pvp with SHIELD. but got smacked with a -100 spanking along the way. Rough one for a bit.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I got hit for 45 points in the last 15 minutes by someone with less than 100 icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Kh1266, if you're on the forum, congrats. 1073 in this PVP with your team is pretty impressive.

Nice charge at the end HailMary. Seeing so many names early, I knew it would be rough but that was fun.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    HailMary wrote:

Nice charge at the end HailMary. Seeing so many names early, I knew it would be rough but that was fun.
    Thanks! It was less messy than I'd expected. I ended up not needing that final hop, but oh well, I traded 75 HP for 1400 Iso and peace of mind. C'est la vie.

Congrats on turning your big stealth push into seemingly casual dominance. It was fun watching 3 of our top ten unshield in the last 5 minutes, and admittedly a tad amusing to see #10 unshield and near-instantaneously vanish. I'm a terrible person. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Had my tensest match ever at the end of the event. Playing against a team rather above my comfort zone because I couldn't get a better match, and I need to get a better defensive team up. Losing would knock me below 50th for sure. Going rather poorly against a 100-something Hulk, but I manage to take him down in one turn with a Sunder/20-green-Onslaught.

Just as things are looking up with only the enemy BP left, he gets off his black for 1,800 and suddenly I'm down to one character with a couple hundred HP. Two turns later, I'm sitting at 9 HP with no abilities up, and he has 300 HP. Sat there for about two minutes searching for any hope, but there's nothing.

I go ahead and make one move, having given up. But he matches environment, and mine had given me enough for an attack. I won, 9 health remaining.
    So, made it in at 39th, for Sentry cover #2... for all the good that'll do.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

Thanks! It was less messy than I'd expected. I ended up not needing that final hop, but oh well, I traded 75 HP for 1400 Iso and peace of mind. C'est la vie.

Congrats on turning your big stealth push into seemingly casual dominance. It was fun watching 3 of our top ten unshield in the last 5 minutes, and admittedly a tad amusing to see #10 unshield and near-instantaneously vanish. I'm a terrible person. icon_lol.gif

It allowed me to jump from 11th to 8th. Got all the covers as a result! Was pretty intense, too. whew!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got denied of my #10 spot in the final minute.
    If only I've done an extra attack icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

Well I must be a terrible person too as it's amusing in such a cruel way bc we have all been there at one point or had that -150 after an attempted shield hop. It's a crapshoot to get in a few fights at the end. I considered hitting kakko for some season pts but didn't and was glad as 2 people saved me for last second and I would have lost 80 pts.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I fell asleep and woke up with 15 mins left and my shield down. Just happy to escape with a top 5 in this one.