My alliance hates this event

Options
Wyntre
Wyntre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
edited October 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

I don't mind there being events I don't enjoy (PvP is most of that for me). But I do mind there being time-consuming alliance events that we all hate and do not find fun at all. My alliance is mad. We are not a chatty group and we are VERY casual, as in we have a few VIPs and we have rarely gotten to the last round of any alliance event.

Comments from my group have included...

"I have a family of 8 lol. This event takes too long, my wife got made at me lol."

"I got mad with the development team of mpq, they are 100% inhuman"

"These Quandry events are the least fun/interesting part of this game ever... Really dimmed my interest in the game as a whole."

"It's an event to test our mental health, or to play with it"

My husband, usually one of our most active alliance members, didn't comment but just flat out refuses to play the event at all.

I said this: Okay, this event will pass and these devs, while making a ton of unforced errors, have been generous and responsive. I'm hopeful they'll take the feedback. On MPQ's forums, on Reddit, and on Discord, the feedback has been nearly universally negative. I do like that they try new things.

And that's my sentiment--I really appreciate the attempts to keep the game fresh. But we don't want a different game, we want this one. And the Quandry event feels like a completely different game--one I'd immediately delete. Too much randomness, and I don't want to take notes during my casual mobile games.

I really, really beg you not to keep this as an alliance event. Periodic PvE I can roll my eyes and ignore, but an alliance event all but requires participation and puts us in a real quandary over how to handle many of our players despising it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options

This boss event is the worst ever, especially when you can't use the character powers please never run it again. I don't know if it's worth the effort to get the costume.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Did this need its own new topic? There's like 8 other threads on the front page for feedback on this event.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not a fan

• Wyntre
    Wyntre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Did this need its own new topic? There's like 8 other threads on the front page for feedback on this event.

Okay, I didn't have to time to read everything, but the active thread I saw about it contained more about how to beat Quandry. I don't care how to beat her. I just want her to go away.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Interesting, I haven’t seen any complaints about it in my own alliance family.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

Meanwhile I’m actually loving the alliance event and the PvE that was before it. Feels actually like puzzles. And they’ve been finishing faster than my previous alliance events. From Arcade and HE, it’s great having something genuinely special and unique for a boss fight.

The puzzles themselves though are all straight forward is easy. Destroy all fortified, match the right color, match colors in order, spot the correct countdown, memorize a tile, and then move tiles to the bottom. Honestly moving em to the body can be a bit time consuming but rest are easy. The “match correct color” you can do just be matching aimlessly most of the time too.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, the last time I had an experience this unpleasant from a game, it was when I tried Hardspace: Shipbreaker and got such bad vertigo it triggered a two day migraine. This one is stressing me out so badly it's messing up my sleep and causing my psoriasis to flare up. I'm going to finish it out, because my alliance is awesome and I committed to it and I owe them that much, but if it ever runs again, I'm just going to drop out for a few days so they can find a merc.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I like the attempt to do something new and more puzzle like. The biggest issues are time consuming and serious reliance on RNG. Being able to use powers to manipulate the board would go a long way. Still not a fan of the Phantasmal puzzle as it really requires pen and paper, and a bit of luck. At least it was mostly restricted to the side missions and not the boss battles so you could repeat them if defeated.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My alliance concurs. It’s pretty awful.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I remember the original Boss Rush where you were "supposed to lose", and I still prefer that over this.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

For context, my alliance has 10 people playing the event, we are usually around 1500 or so for alliance placement, and we are now at 500! I have to imagine that is because people dislike the event so much they are just skipping it. Combined with the confusion of having 2 versions of it.

I personally don't mind it too much. I prefer regular fights in this instance, but my alliance mostly seem to hate it.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My alliance doesn’t like it either. Not too hard, just too annoying and time consuming.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

At this point I just want them to keep this event because of everyone who are so up in arms against it. Less people playing the heroic side means higher placement

• gascangascan
    gascangascan Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

The tests are clever - but flawed.

Sometimes the board locks up so you can't make the appropriate match.
    Without powers to unlock the board - you are stuck for 100 matches or more.

Alliance events should be quick - so that everyone has the opportunity to participate fully - even if they have time constraints.

This should have been a puzzle event - not an alliance event.

It is clever though.

• Heggal
    Heggal Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

"These Quandry events are the least fun/interesting part of this game ever... Really dimmed my interest in the game as a whole."

I can echo that statement

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

I disagree, it's the best thing about the event, just poorly implemented with the lock out of powers. If you could still fire powers or even board control powers only it would be fun. I did not complete my clears because it took me too long in a loop of quandary (R8) but with some tweaks I think kit could be a very good boss event. Rather that than brute force smashing it.

• DJ47057
    DJ47057 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options

Hate is not the right word.
    But I feel a bit annoyed because it's so time consuming.
    Not enough that quandary has a damage reduction of 90% in round 8 she goes away and you have to puzzle again.
    Happy that I'm done with her on one of the events.
    The puzzle box was interesting but fter having a solution and with the same board every time it's a stupid copy and paste situation

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mod note: Closing thread. Please use the relevant threads to provide feedback regarding the New Boss Event or the 10 Year Celebration. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.