MPQ Developer Q&A September 2023 (ANSWERS)

Options
13»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    Yeah 20% seems about right. I don’t think that’s near nerf territory using the criteria they listed. I still think history has shown they will nerf if they get enough outcry from players. But maybe there’s a correlation in that the ones that players have cried about are the ones who really do have a stranglehold on the tier with regards to use. Either way, I’m not going to concern myself with it. One thing that sort of shocked me was the amount of Chasm I still see in shield sim. I think that first turn stun is enough to make him annoying on defense and so he is still getting left out. If someone who 550’d chose not to sell, I can see how that’s still a better option than the paper machete fan faves I run lol.

On Chasm, you'd have to check their rosters -- he might be all they've got. If you went all in on Chasm/Thor/x and that's all you have at 550, he's probably still your best option.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    Yeah 20% seems about right. I don’t think that’s near nerf territory using the criteria they listed. I still think history has shown they will nerf if they get enough outcry from players. But maybe there’s a correlation in that the ones that players have cried about are the ones who really do have a stranglehold on the tier with regards to use. Either way, I’m not going to concern myself with it. One thing that sort of shocked me was the amount of Chasm I still see in shield sim. I think that first turn stun is enough to make him annoying on defense and so he is still getting left out. If someone who 550’d chose not to sell, I can see how that’s still a better option than the paper machete fan faves I run lol.

Chasm is still good, he's just not op. They did a good job on toning him down with out making him toothless. His ap destruction still seems to have the 3 star she hulk effect (it always seems to steal the ap I need when I was just about to fire a power), the first turn stun still shuts down first turn passives, and you still have to account for his potential to revive.