Options

@Metroplex78 said:
    Please ban loop decks!

Um... no. Let's not do that. Mmkay. :)

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 447 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Spiritswithin
    Everyone was complaing about the WHAT and Noone about the WHY.
    Eventhough it is easy said afterwards, it was obvious that Oktagon stopped programming when only a very reduced mom set was released with tons still unsolved bugs. More hints: no mom aftermath, and only one fix, at a moment when things are really going wrong and the community brought the pressure to the max.
    That fix was already done by the new developers, I guess.
    It is never easy to take over a complex software like this game is and Noone can tell how long it takes to allow programmers to continue its work. Keeping that in mind, the transition was quite fast, like 3 or 4 month?!
    Including very reduced income...

• Derekk
    Derekk Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Spiritswithin said:
    I feel like the long wait to hear any of this news and seeing all the unfixed bugs with no word kinda made a lot of long time players already leave when a simple hey we are switching companies and they will be addressing all this stuff soon enough could have kept them. Good luck to you guys and I hope you do a good job.

I agree here. In a world where communication is so easy and transparency is more often appreciated because so many large company’s are getting caught trying to hide information (Wizards, Unity, etc), I personally would have kept paying VIP and been more active if someone would have just filled us in.

I appreciate the work completed by Oktagon, I know they had they had a lot of work in front of them when they took over years ago.

I appreciate the communication with the roadmap of things you have seen and plan to do, I just hope you will be willing to let us know as soon as is functional so we can give feedback to make this a game we can continue to play and support for the far future.

On the point of feedback, I am personally looking forward to your ideas/plans for matchmaking and event rewards. I have often said that I personally think having rotating planeswalkers give bonus points for events would help prevent everyone having perfect scores and those that miss a point be put in last place. This would also incentivize people purchasing new and old planeswalkers and diversify opponents more than just the same two or three. I’m sure you guys have smarter people than I working so I am just looking forward to some sort of change to keep things fresh and fair.

Cheers and good luck!

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@naabaldan said:
    Including very reduced income...

Webcore are going to need to step up content to solve this problem

• Less cards created for a set = less cards to collect = less income
    • Less events created = less need to collect cards = less income
    • Cookie cutter events created = less need to collect cards = less income
    • Bad quality, or bugged, cards and planeswalkers created = no need to collect them = less income

Gotta spend money to make money, as they say.

It's been a while now since I've had any difficulty collecting the cards I need to compete in a top 10 coalition very soon after a set release. As a result, as each set new set is released, I have more and more resources banked away making it even easier to collect everything I need in the next set. And I'm not a VIP player... I spend money on the game very infrequently, usually if I think the devs deserve to get it. Haven't spent any money on MTGPQ since the beginning of last year, in fact.

Oktagon thought they could solve this problem, and leach away my growing pile of resources, with things like the staggeringly overpriced PMA set, or the staggeringly overpriced Jumpstart set, but they forgot to make enough of those cards playable ^_^

• Metroplex78
    Metroplex78 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

VIPs need more exclusive perks: Exclusive card deck offers every week, discounted sale prices on yellow crystals, exclusive events only for us, we get to buy new release PWs weeks before everyone else... Remember: we put our money into your business, free players do not help you at all.

• Vahalla
    Vahalla Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

Uma coisa que venho pedindo a muito tempo é a oportunidade de trocar o Nick name. Algo tão simples que a Octagon simplesmente nega.

• greenmeanie1
    greenmeanie1 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

First thank you Oktagon. You did some great things over these last 6 yrs. Now welcome webcore games. Excited to see where you will take this game. One thing I would like to see is change the rewards for the older events like Terror in the Shadows. I have probably only played this once or twice in the last few years. The rewards are terrible. It’s just not worth my time to play.

Would also like to see some of the Rise of Adventure and Hunter X bonder in legacy more. But make them set restrictive like Seize the Day is. Please get rid of the PvE for coalitions. They all last until Monday snd a lot of players can’t finish them. We have played them enough that we know what decks work for them. The only reason if you don’t go perfect is a lack of concentration

• Sarah
    Sarah Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options

I actually like PVE coalition events! I’m not a fan of the recent PVP meta of “objective that takes waaaay too long + random support that doesn’t help.”

• versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options

I love PvE coalition events as well, especially Avacin. I'm also averse to the "cookie cutter" PvP rut we seem to be in. It does get quite boring.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think a lot of people don't like the amount of games you have to play for PvE, or else more people would like them

• versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options

I think if you address two of the longest running and most bothersome issues in this game, you will instantly become every player's best friend: what to do with grossly excessive mana runes (preferably with some sort of booster crafting orb exchange, just my two cents) and the ever elusive, desperately needed standard deck builder button. One will raise you to demigod status, both and you become the new Chuck, or Jack, or whatever. But seriously, welcome and we look forward to working and playing together.

• Tutaha
    Tutaha Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options

Will we get the rest of the PW from MOM? I NEED that archangel elspeth xD

• Metroplex78
    Options

New patch needs to fully nerf Rocco, reducing the stored mana from 20 to 12 is not good enough, he can still fetch and cast cards without any limits, loopers can still abuse that! Put a maximum number on the amount of times he can fetch or better put a stop to his looping ability by not renewing his stored mana over and over.

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2023
    Options

I had vip for a year.. I'd turn it back on if there was more incentives and benefits. Legacy packs are meaningless now. And the grind to get all the commons uncommons and rares to open a standard vip sucks. ....I kinda miss the deck slots tho

• Metroplex78
    Options

@Tezzeret said:
    I had vip for a year.. I'd turn it back on if there was more incentives and benefits. Legacy packs are meaningless now. And the grind to get all the commons uncommons and rares to open a standard vip sucks. ....I kinda miss the deck slots tho

I am VIP and I am not happy with it because of the forced: getting of rare cards when I already have all rares, so a wasted pull giving me 100 meaningless crafting orbs.
    Locking some packs to new set only, I already had all the cards so more wasted pulls...
    Lack of card offers... for a game about collecting cards, they don't offer you the means to fill your card collection...
    Not value for money as it is now, it needs change.

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Metroplex78 said:

@Tezzeret said:

I am VIP and I am not happy with it because of the forced: getting of rare cards when I already have all rares, so a wasted pull giving me 100 meaningless crafting orbs.
    Locking some packs to new set only, I already had all the cards so more wasted pulls...
    Lack of card offers... for a game about collecting cards, they don't offer you the means to fill your card collection...
    Not value for money as it is now, it needs change.

You also have the option of ending your VIP subscription, at least until they release new cards to obtain. That's what I did when I was close to having everything, a few years back.

Of course, I suppose this could impede progress towards VIP 6 and masterpiece crafting, if that's your objective.

• Metroplex78
    Options

True, hard to justify spending nearly $50 per month when the value for money is low now, if they fail to address this low ROI I will have no choice but to cancel it.

• totalsiege
    totalsiege Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Mainloop25 said:

@Metroplex78 said:
    Please ban loop decks!

Let's not do that

Can we just ban deck building in general make it more randomly give the two players the same 10 cards and they draw in the same order in the match completely mirror match.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

Most people come and go when it comes to VIP. Only subscribe when trying to complete the current set. Maybe they can deeply reduce the amount of orbs needed to craft older sets, so that it's easier to fill out legacy collections, making those legacy non dupe packs more worth chasing.

Once someone has a full collection, beyond that? I don't know what makes it worth keeping VIP. Extra deck slots don't seem to entice people enough. Would be curious to know what other ideas people would have to make the $30 tier more attractive.