Class of 2022 - Ding Dong the Chasm is dead?

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

It's the one we have been waiting for - yes Abigail Brand is god boosted! She is going to laser so many suckers from orbit! Personally - I am astonished to realise that I have every single 5* champed this Class! I don't know what to do with them all...apart from play Mighty Thor of course. I can see Crystal being a favourite too. I may also be that one guy with Moon Knight front-ish...

20 Jan 2022 Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.)
17 Feb 2022 Elektra (Woman Without Fear)
17 Mar 2022 Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin)
14 Apr 2022 Moon Knight (Avatar of Khonshu)
12 May 2022 Gargantos (Multiverse of Madness)
9 Jun 2022 Kamala Khan (Origin)
7 Jul 2022 Thor (Mighty Thor)
4 Aug 2022 Chasm (Ben Reilly)
1 Sep 2022 She-Hulk (Immortal)
29 Sep 2022 Emma Frost (Phoenix Five)
27 Oct 2022 Arcade (Edward Acra)
24 Nov 2022 Riri Williams (Ironheart 3.0)
22 Dec 2022 Hit-Monkey (E.D.I. Suit)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Jane / Riri / Crystal I guess.
    Maybe some guest appearances from Elektra.

• DAZ0273

I do really like Elektra I must say. If it becomes too much of a RiRi event that will spoil it as spamming her stun is like one of only 6 things the AI knows how to do and enjoys it immensely.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    Jane / Riri / Crystal I guess.
    Maybe some guest appearances from Elektra.

I could see folks rotating that third slot based on who they like/have at a higher level, but it'll be 100% Jane/Riri.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

Jane / Riri / Emma is my speed team in shield sim, so I guess that’s what I’ll use here.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

May see a lot moon knight if chasm is still everywhere.

• Bowgentle

Lol no.
    Moonie takes 84 years to do anything.

• DAZ0273

He does but I sorta like him and also RiRi is gonna be a major pain, so no stun sounds good.

• Bowgentle

Oh right he works against riri too. Hm.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards

Moony is more like a backup fighter, not the main

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler

Well I'm screwed,

I have 5 of them and none of them are finished. Hit-Monkey is the most with 7 covers. Kamala has 6 covers. Elektra has 4. Abilgail has 4. Then Arcade has 1. Despite Arcade being the one I actually I really wanted to use boosted.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

Arcade, Emma for the win

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor

I'm still actively trying to find a way to make MK work. I want to use him... It's just not reasonable to do so.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2023

It's 100% related to his stun immunity allowing you to actually take your turn with chasm and riri, not because he is any good. There are some good charge-spammers in this list that will triple your AP accrual, which may be a good enough accelerant to have him actually fire a power before end of match...

• DAZ0273

His black and green aren't actually terrible (purple sort of is) but he is a tough sell if the other side aren't all stun-ny.

• DAZ0273

So with the ambiguous time scale of "sometime in the evening of 21st" for Chasm's nerf hitting - do we need to put him back in this equation? Are there going to be two different versions of Chasm running in this event?!?!?!?!

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023

Well, in a rare example of good timing I champed MK today, so I'm certainly going to give him a go.

• ThaRoadWarrior

@DAZ0273 said:
    So with the ambiguous time scale of "sometime in the evening of 21st" for Chasm's nerf hitting - do we need to put him back in this equation? Are there going to be two different versions of Chasm running in this event?!?!?!?!

The start-of-match stun is potentially reason enough to run him. I think you're going to see him quite a lot, his nerf doesn't seem THAT detrimental to tbh.

• DAZ0273

But it brings up the question of whether old Chasm is hard-coded into the event or he gets replaced by new Chasm after the event starts? This will be them doing a nerf at the same time the character was going to be boosted so is gonna be weird if his powers change after the event starts.

• Bowgentle

Boosts are hardcoded, character stats are not.

• DAZ0273

Right, so he will change then. This could get interesting...