My posting

Options

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 706 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Chipster22 said:
    Didn't the one of the developers comment that they themselves enjoyed the stories?

That was the duck sized horses or horse sized duck dilemma.
    Which I find to be one of the more important questions in this life.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@Adric1123 said:
    "A little nonsense, now and then,
    Is relished by the wisest men."

And while you're here, could you explain in detail how Champions 2.0 will work?

Thanks

A little rusty but sure why not

OK so how it will work is you have your champed characters and then you can make them omega champed, you level the characters as you do now but with the omega system.
    The omega system works like this you have a 2 star wolverine who isn't omega but If you apply 10 covers you get 1 omega point. Now 1 omega point is good but you need 10 omega points to make a whole vibranium level. Vibranium then upgrades the character from 2 to 3 but he isn't classed as 3 but he is.
    So you keep applying the covers to omega to make vibranium and then adamantium which is better than a 3 but he keeps the same stats as the 2 unless he's adamantium + that makes him a 5.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Chipster22 said:
    Didn't the one of the developers comment that they themselves enjoyed the stories?

In modern MPQ parlance this would be one full sized Spider-Dinosaur or 100 spider sized symbiote dinosaurs.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Chipster22 said:

In modern MPQ parlance this would be one full sized Spider-Dinosaur or 100 spider sized symbiote dinosaurs.

I appreciate the comparison but you are clearly out of your mind.
    We have to keep the question rooted in reality.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Chipster22 said:

25 Miles Morales wearing fancy shoes vs 1 full sized Giant shoe with the little old lady + 5 Beta Ray Bill's but he is actually a horse and riding them are Spider Gwen but with match damage.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mod mode off

I like your posts and humour, and I'm guessing we're similar in age and rough geographical region, based on my years of reading your posts! I hope they continue for years to come.

I also frequent a football forum fairly frequently which is more like a virtual pub. It has arguments, foul language, personal insults, offers of fights, offensive humour, etc. I enjoy both forums for different reasons but I'd not want this forum to become like that one, and nor would I ever agree to moderate it!

I'd love to be able to have everything I find funny or interesting to be on this forum. But like the "What's New July" thread, it'd very quickly lose its way. I'm just one of the various groups this forum needs to be available for so I modify my language and (fairly frequently) don't post something hilarious that crosses my mind, but is not in keeping with the forum rules.

I guess this is an overly long way of saying that I'd rather Mod 5% of your slightly borderline posts, than lose the 95% of entertainment gold that you contribute. Not like that [poster name removed]. They're a right [expletive removed].

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Chipster22 said:

25 Miles Morales wearing fancy shoes vs 1 full sized Giant shoe with the little old lady + 5 Beta Ray Bill's but he is actually a horse and riding them are Spider Gwen but with match damage.

Much much better
    Who hasn't been terrified by a giant shoe?
    Glad we are now on the same wave length.

• ThisisClemFandango
    edited September 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Hello everyone,

Once again I have been chastised for being naughty on this forum.
    At this stage I'm wondering whether to carry on or just bail
    I know there's at least 4 of you that like my nonsense but if Im more of an annoyance I'll pack it in
    So good people 👍(stay) or 👎(get out and stay out)
    Also apologises if you don't even know who am I, I get that alot

Also - just quoting this to show how Clem geniusly rigged his own poll...there is no down vote button! ;):D:D:D

I was actually being sincere about leaving, and never occurred to me that people couldn't down vote.
    Suppose it was a bit like a fox news poll when all the options are positive.
    Even tho I find that hugely entertaining and love it more when ppl take time out of their day to vote for an answer which means the same thing as the other 2. I'm hoping British media start doing it as its proper mental and that, my friends, is my bag, baby.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@Scofie said:
    Mod mode off

I like your posts and humour, and I'm guessing we're similar in age and rough geographical region, based on my years of reading your posts! I hope they continue for years to come.

I also frequent a football forum fairly frequently which is more like a virtual pub. It has arguments, foul language, personal insults, offers of fights, offensive humour, etc. I enjoy both forums for different reasons but I'd not want this forum to become like that one, and nor would I ever agree to moderate it!

I'd love to be able to have everything I find funny or interesting to be on this forum. But like the "What's New July" thread, it'd very quickly lose its way. I'm just one of the various groups this forum needs to be available for so I modify my language and (fairly frequently) don't post something hilarious that crosses my mind, but is not in keeping with the forum rules.

I guess this is an overly long way of saying that I'd rather Mod 5% of your slightly borderline posts, than lose the 95% of entertainment gold that you contribute. Not like that [poster name removed]. They're a right [expletive removed].

You are a scholar and a gentleman.
    And it is not the first time I've been called borderline but that's not important right now.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Hello everyone,

Once again I have been chastised for being naughty on this forum.
    At this stage I'm wondering whether to carry on or just bail
    I know there's at least 4 of you that like my nonsense but if Im more of an annoyance I'll pack it in
    So good people 👍(stay) or 👎(get out and stay out)
    Also apologises if you don't even know who am I, I get that alot

Also - just quoting this to show how Clem geniusly rigged his own poll...there is no down vote button! ;):D:D:D

I was actually being sincere about leaving, and never occurred to me that people couldn't down vote.
    Suppose it was a bit like a fox news poll when all the options are positive.
    Even tho I find that hugely entertaining and love it more when ppl take time out of their day to vote for an answer which means the same thing as the other 2. I'm hoping British media start doing it as its proper mental and that, my friends, is my bag, baby.

I am slightly fond of doing polls (some might not describe them as that to be fair) so next time just hit me up, we'll get both of us banned in no time!

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:
    What did you mean? I'm confused. I thought you were the new Community Manager ;)

A follow up on this one, I have inquired about my services and was told that they are a big fan of my work and if I could write down my ideas and then put them in a bin, any bin worldwide that it would eventually reach bcs and they would consider it.
    I have gone through 15 packs of a4 notepads so far.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:
    Mod mode off

I feel called out by your last paragraph!

• DAZ0273
    Options

Yeah Bowgentle is clearly much more of a problem - he has 41 combined Spam/Abuse badges! Which makes me wonder is there a Forum achievement badge for getting a certain amount of spam/abuse badges...apart from being banned I mean...

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

And they're probably all from the same 3 people.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    And they're probably all from the same 3 people.

At least one of them isn't here any more!

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

Objection! Speculation!
    But also yes I know who you mean
    I do feel a but sad that I don't have anyone calling me wrong and stupid with everything I post

• StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options

@Adric1123 said:

Thanks

OK so how it will work is you have your champed characters and then you can make them omega champed, you level the characters as you do now but with the omega system.
    The omega system works like this you have a 2 star wolverine who isn't omega but If you apply 10 covers you get 1 omega point. Now 1 omega point is good but you need 10 omega points to make a whole vibranium level. Vibranium then upgrades the character from 2 to 3 but he isn't classed as 3 but he is.
    So you keep applying the covers to omega to make vibranium and then adamantium which is better than a 3 but he keeps the same stats as the 2 unless he's adamantium + that makes him a 5.

The real question should be will I able to redeem my Schrute Bucks for an Omega level?

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

I do feel a but sad that I don't have anyone calling me wrong and stupid with everything I post

Really there is no need to be sad. We might not make a show of it but we're always here for you on this one in spirit.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@DrClever said:

Really there is no need to be sad. We might not make a show of it but we're always here for you on this one in spirit.

Stop it. I'm tearing up.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@StillMonsoon3 said:

@Adric1123 said:

Thanks

The real question should be will I able to redeem my Schrute Bucks for an Omega level?

No
    I don't think my original post could be any clearer.