500 Command Point Offer vs buying Tokens directly

Options
Heggal
Heggal Posts: 21 Just Dropped In

I was wondering what the opinions are on these offers, like for the 5* Omega Red that is currently offered.

I have manually grinded all my CPs so I want to spend them wisely.

According to my math I could just buy 20 Tokens instead and most likely get a Horseman + a Venomsaurus which both have just been added to my 5* Roster.

In the offer the Crystals look juicy and I will still get some Token, it also guarantees me a Omega Red, while trying to draw him via Tokens I might run into bad luck.

On the other hand I could really use some more 4* but I dont have many unlocked and cant afford more room right now.

I only have 380 CP so I will most likely have to wait for the offer to be repeated, but is it even worth the wait?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We've established that it's a very bad deal.

• Heggal
    Options

Thanks, I thought there was already an established opinion about these offers in the forum.

It seems like as long as you are hunting other cards as well, it is not worth it.

So should I just dump my CPs into Tokens or is there an even smarter way of spending them?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Depends on where your roster is and how much CP and how many LTs you generate each month.

If you have all 4* rostered but not all 5*, I'd spend on Classics and shard the new 5*s.

If you are not likely to get enough LTs to get the Latest 5*s champed before leaving, it's a choice as to whether you want them to enter Classics unchamped or whether you hoard CP to champ them if needed or whether you catch them up later.

Hoarding slows you down a lot and the resources spent normally generate other resources in champ rewards if they don't add to useful covers immediately.

But definitely don't spend 500CP on the one cover.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

500 CP Latest is almost never worth it since you can easily get covers in the Latest store. I wouldn't trade 20 pulls for a cover. You'll also get a couple covers of shards from the multiple PvE events for Latest characters.

It sounds like your biggest issue if lack of HP since you cannot roster the 4*s you open. If you're spending HP for vault tokens and such, I'd stop to focus more on roster slots first.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You may also want to start hoarding HP/CP for Anniversary because spectacular progress can be made there depending on what goodies are in store this year.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah I added like 35+ levels each to Kitty, Bill and Shang last year.

• Punisher5784
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

That's a big Kitty

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

That's a big Kitty

And a big Horsey.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Also keep in mind they upped the shards output. It's much easier to finish off your 5* characters now.

• Punisher5784
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

That's a big Kitty

And a big Horsey.

Your Shang is above average too

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

That's a big Kitty

And a big Horsey.

That's what she said.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

That's a big Kitty

And a big Horsey.

That's what she said.

This may be the most erotic interchange on the forums since somebody asked the size of players Wong's. 😍😍😍

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's a horrible deal.

• Heggal
    Options

Thanks for all the feedback.

FYI I generally lack slots but I use 99% of my HP for slots. I maybe buy some shards on discount, but rarely.

So THE anniversary is on the third of October? Seems like it is worth to hoard CP and HP for a month and see what I can do with anniversary specials.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Hoarding CP is always a good idea just to make your chances greater at covering the new 5’s but for anniversary mainly HP is what you’ll use. They did have a few fan favorites stores that you could spend CP on last year too, but a lot of it was thru the vaults.

If you’ve been hoarding the anniversary tokens too from the past few weeks we’re supposedly able to use them on the new vaults that’ll come out during anniversary, so if you still have any hanging around then you can use them there too to try and take some pressure off the HP you’ll spend in the vaults.

• Heggal
    Options

I have a lot of slots I need to buy so saving HP is kinda rough. Is there any other way to get slots than HP purchases?

I always instantly redeemed the anniversary tokens, would be quite sligh if I could have got better rewards by saving them...

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Heggal said:
    I have a lot of slots I need to buy so saving HP is kinda rough. Is there any other way to get slots than HP purchases?

I always instantly redeemed the anniversary tokens, would be quite sligh if I could have got better rewards by saving them...

Roster slots is how they make money, so no, no other way than to spend HP.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Heggal said:

Roster slots is how they make money, so no, no other way than to spend HP.

I think the direct buy special offers and occasional buy clubs still generate revenue for them, but roster slots are definitely the primary method MPQ uses to incentivize a first spend from new players (buy these HP so you can roster that cover that is about to rot on the vine. . .).

Most veterans will eventually get to post-roster slot life once they have 150+ slots where just playing the game provides them more than enough HP keep up with the release pace. Until that time, however, I think most players should save all their HP for roster space. No daily token offers, no direct buy covers, tc. The only exception would be something like the 50HP for 100x 5* shard offers we have seen recently.

And OP: the 500cp 5* cover offers ate basically never worthwhile. There are a handful of characrers for whom a 250cp offer is decent value (e.g., finishing one's okoye or Shang chi), but even those are harder to justify now that it's easier to get 5* shards than ever.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,951 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The advice about saving your HP, not buying covers or token offers etc, is fine advice if you don't want to spend any money and you don't want other players to spend money either.

For players who support the game financially (which we should all be encouraging at every opportunity, if you want the game to survive), it's a lot easier to progress if you drop some cash on HP and cash offers.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    The advice about saving your HP, not buying covers or token offers etc, is fine advice if you don't want to spend any money and you don't want other players to spend money either.

For players who support the game financially (which we should all be encouraging at every opportunity, if you want the game to survive), it's a lot easier to progress if you drop some cash on HP and cash offers.

Has this account been taken over by a certain umbral canine?!

Since when is it a responsibility if veterans to promote spending on MPQ? I think it does the forums little good to advocate for or against spending. Surely each player has to make their own decision about entertainment value for money.

(Personally, i would suggest that the real perniciousness of freemium gaming is that every player is forced to make lots of little decisions about value for money about every little element of their entertainment. Which wears people down over time.)