What's New MPQ - September 2023 (Updated 9/8/23)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Hammer3001 said:
    Any guesses for the Anniversary characters?

My guess is Iron Patriot for the 4-star &
    Baron Zemo/Citizen V for the 5/3-Star.

My money is on someone OP who they'll then spend a year creating useless counters for before nerfing.

No, the anniversary characters are always limited joke characters that nobody ever uses. I think Deadpool was the only "real" one, and nobody really uses him anyway.

Oh right, Arcade.
    I forget that he exists.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,693 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't think he was the anniversary character? I was thinking of Dino, Howard, Spider-Ham, etc.

He most definitely was the Anniversary release character.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't think he was the anniversary character? I was thinking of Dino, Howard, Spider-Ham, etc.

He most definitely was the Anniversary release character.

So was Chasm.

• DAZ0273
    Options

From Google Chasm was July 2022 so a bit early.

And neither Howard or Spider-Ham were Anniversary either. Spider-Ham was for Into the Spiderverse and Howard was just because.

Off top of my head we have also had Gwenpool, Gambit, Taskmaster, Cable, Spider-Man 2020, Blob & Arcade?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    From Google Chasm was July 2022 so a bit early.

And neither Howard or Spider-Ham were Anniversary either. Spider-Ham was for Into the Spiderverse and Howard was just because.

Off top of my head we have also had Gwenpool, Gambit, Taskmaster, Cable, Spider-Man 2020, Blob & Arcade?

You're right, Chasm was in Latest at the end of August, released at the end of July.
    Huh.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Frankencastle, since it's also Halloween month

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,995 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess I'll have to go back and look. I think there's usually a good character around this time, but I remember the actual anniversary celebration release seemed to always be a joke or weird reference. Maybe I'm just remembering the massive letdown that was Devil Dinosaur, though.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I guess I'll have to go back and look. I think there's usually a good character around this time, but I remember the actual anniversary celebration release seemed to always be a joke or weird reference. Maybe I'm just remembering the massive letdown that was Devil Dinosaur, though.

Last year was Doop, which was Taskmaster 2.0, just not limited.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So here I was wondering when the boss event was going to show up in game until I realized it was only Wednesday. The Puzzle Gauntlet preview really threw me off yesterday.

• DAZ0273
    Options

These puzzle quest nodes really do suck. I know they are beatable as I have done it before but I have spent the best part of 30 minutes on this and got nowhere. The fortified corner one is especially poxy. I'm not sure I give a significant fox about the **** Destroyer Gun for all this effort. If it was one of the newer ones then sure but DG can go do one I think.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Oh and now we have Red Guardian on DDQ! What is this - International Annoy Daz Day?

• bigjojo04
    Options

I just tried using Magneto on that one yesterday since he was my highest level character I have that I could use for those nodes and it was one of the luckiest times I’ve had in this frustrating event. Magically ended up getting protects in corners that didn’t already have a fortified in and ended up completing it with like a few hundred health left.

I’m hoping to get that same kind of luck for the other node but not holding my breath at this point.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

I just Luke Caged that node - protects keep you alive and you just match away until more or less all the tiles are fortified.

Not exactly fun though, and I'm generally a fan of Puzzle Gauntlet.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I got the corners one done but not the strike tiles yet (may never!)

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,989 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I got the corners one done but not the strike tiles yet (may never!)

Yeah that one is always annoying. If you are using Silk, her Black power is the key one (5 covers) because it targets Green tiles only for the Strike placement so you just need to find a column that has just Green tiles that need Strikes and fire Black a couple times and hope for the best (ie the webs don't go there first). Her other power is too random.

Plus of course equip a support that has a chance of placing a strike tile every turn for added strike tiles.

The alternative is using Mags and flooding the board with protects and then use a 4* Wasp Yellow TU...

KGB

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    Options

This is the puzzle gauntlet that does feel the most luck based and you just need a lot of patience. Most the nodes it's as much about matching TUs to at least leave you the possibility of completing. Getting a TU in a bottom corner on the fortified corners one basically means restart!

Cage & Silk & patience & luck got the single character ones done

Who did folks use on the charged tiles row and corner attack tiles? I know I have done it before a few times, just can't remember optimal teams. First couple of attempts failed and my patience is thin!

• bigjojo04
    Options

Charged tiles one I feel like Padme is a necessity only to get rid of all of Carnage’s nonsense and brought Cosmo and Lockjaw along with to help create more charged.

Attack tile corners I used Storm for the black to get the attacks out with Polaris and 5* Kamala for her blue then green if one of the corners, usually the bottom ones, had something in it I didn’t want to be there and hopefully you get lucky enough to get it before Morbius eats your soul.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Punter1 said:
    Who did folks use on the ... corner attack tiles?

3* Storm, Polaris, and not because he's a good choice but I wanted to see about the vault tokens, Robbie Reyes.

Polaris is the one you need.

Stun Mobius, match only attack tiles as far as possible, use Storm's black if you can.

RR is useless obvs; if I repeat that node I'll probably use 5* Jeffrey so he can eat the tile types I don't want.

Add: Helps a lot to have a heal-on-SAP-destruction support on Polaris if you don't already.

• bigjojo04
    Options

Bringing MBW team ups could definitely help with that too

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    Charged tiles one I feel like Padme is a necessity only to get rid of all of Carnage’s nonsense and brought Cosmo and Lockjaw along with to help create more charged.

Who is Padme?? thanks for Cosmo note, no idea what he did so that's good to know. Tried Cosmo, LJ & Throg, no joy.

Got the attack corners after 2 more attempts, had been using Polaris, Storm & Carnage, but Jeff was a good 3rd. Another stuck TU in the corner derailed me for ages. That one is just about getting rid of Morbius, then worrying about completing.