Where are you, MPQ?

Comments

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

@Tony_Foot said:

@entrailbucket said:

I don't care about the schedule at all, but I'd like to get some posts from them about the characters that were updated, new character previews...stuff like that.

All that stuff should just be an in game notification. 'Character X has changed, check out the changes'. There should be more in game stuff so everyone see's it. Rest I couldn't care less about. I couldn't care less if they never post on the forums again, none of it has any bearing on how I play the game or how much enjoyment I get.

Just because you don’t care about it doesn’t mean there aren’t others out there that do.

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 65 Match Maker

hands down the quietest MPQ has been since BCS took over, and about as quiet as early 2022. It's difficult to accept that BCS doesn't want to communicate - they did a decent job until this spring. Can't help but wonder if Marvel has too strong a grip over the ability to release information, conduct updates, and interact with the overall community.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Sure, i'm certain Marvel tells them stuff like "ok, you can buff Elsa, but you're not allowed to tell people about it."
    Come on.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

There is a Facebook update on who the the new 4* is (a choice that seems odd also as I don't remember her doing much in the recent Spiderverse movie) - it seems very strange that whatever person was responsible for that wouldn't hit all the social media at the same time?

• Bowgentle

@DAZ0273 said:
    There is a Facebook update on who the the new 4* is (a choice that seems odd also as I don't remember her doing much in the recent Spiderverse movie) - it seems very strange that whatever person was responsible for that wouldn't hit all the social media at the same time?

It's the weird inconsistencies.
    Some stuff is announced on Twitter, some on FB, some not at all.

• DAZ0273

@bbigler said:
    The new manager is reading our posts, getting to know everyone and the tone of the forum, I bet

OR

Still trying to get his company email, time card and other IT stuff setup, along with any compliance training

They quit after this bit, didn't they?

• Bowgentle

I don't know.
    After that one guy was shown the door, we've been pretty tame.

• DAZ0273

Apart from my heavily moderated comic panel rampage, I guess so.

Maybe we need to spice things up again? Somebody tell Bad that there is another super animal 5* coming! Ban softcapping! Somebody say something insulting about Classic tokens! We can get this party started!

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

Okay, here's my top 93 reasons why I approve of the imminent Chasm buff, plus why it should not be announced and only happen for players in the USA.

• DAZ0273

"Chasm is now immune to being sent away?!??!? And did he used to stun for 10 turns?!?!?"

Future US Based MPQ player.

• Bowgentle

Plus he drains 12 AP every turn, and does automatic damage to the enemy team while they are below 20 AP.

• DAZ0273

Y'know, I was just adapting the Scooby Doo theme song for this thread because I couldn't get it out of my head but gave up when I realised that would be more effort than it was worth. Sad days.

• DrClever

Great. Thanks for that.

If you want a picture of my afternoon, imagine a cartoon Great Dane puppy Scrappy Dappy Dooing into a human brain – for as long as it takes to find an even more invasive earworm.

• DAZ0273

I couldn't decide what sort of snack to give "Devs of MPQ, where are you?" - an MPQ snack just didn't seem right. Forum snack? Nah. Also "Chasm nerf we await you to deliver" wasn't working for me either. Missed opportunity but that is the way it goes sometimes. sigh

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards

I vote for @ThisisClemFandango to be the new forum manager for the following reasons:
    1. You don’t have to pay him
    2. He quickly responds to dumb questions and comments
    3. He’s good at diverting dumb questions and comments
    4. He gives us the same level of information
    5. He knows how to login and post here

• DAZ0273

@bbigler said:
    I vote for @ThisisClemFandango to be the new forum manager for the following reasons:

That one might be news to him though... :D

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

I’ll do it if you qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.

• DrClever

@Daredevil217 said:
    Public Service Loan Forgiveness.

Pretty sure that was the B side to Motorcycle Emptiness by the Manics.

• DAZ0273

@DrClever said:

@Daredevil217 said:
    Public Service Loan Forgiveness.

Pretty sure that was the B side to Motorcycle Emptiness by the Manics.

I can picture them singing that right now. It was probably abbreviated to PSLF (Also we hate you) on Generation Terrorists.

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 181 Tile Toppler

@bbigler said:

Seconded. Mainly for points 2 and 5.