Where are you, MPQ?

Chrynos1989
Chrynos1989 Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker

Because I hoped someone knew what would be new…

No serious, it’s September, tell me what is about to be going on!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

"Missing nowhere to be found!"

Prepare for Battle in Season!
    Zap! Marvel at our Lightning deals getting slightly more expensive!
    Swoop into battle as the high flying Vulture! Wait, he was August? Ah. Never mind then.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Well to be fair, it was a holiday for the US yesterday.
    So the community manager - if we are getting one - won't start until today.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

I am sure they are looking forward to that! 😂😂

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor

@DAZ0273 said:
    "Missing nowhere to be found!"

Prepare for Battle in Season!
    Zap! Marvel at our Lightning deals getting slightly more expensive!
    Swoop into battle as the high flying Vulture! Wait, he was August? Ah. Never mind then.

5* Void confirmed!!

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards

Everyone’s slow after a long weekend.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards

Can’t you just play the game without a schedule, you know like the 100,000 other people playing this game or the millions playing others. I don’t get this obsession with being spoon fed what events are coming up. I don’t play any other games where people are grumpy because the devs are talking to them every day.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I remember when I was a kid there was a Comic Shop near me that I would often visit. I loved browsing the comics and cards, and chatting with the workers. Then one day, the door was locked with a sign "Gone Fishing". I thought it was odd to close the store to fish.

• The following day, still fishing
    • The following week, still fishing
    • The following month, yup still fishing.
    • The following year.. building was knocked down and replaced with a Home Depot.

What does this have to do with MPQ? Idk, this post reminded me of the comic shop though 😂.

• Bowgentle

@Tony_Foot said:
    Can’t you just play the game without a schedule, you know like the 100,000 other people playing this game or the millions playing others. I don’t get this obsession with being spoon fed what events are coming up. I don’t play any other games where people are grumpy because the devs are talking to them every day.

I mean, yes, but they also said a community manager would start in September.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@Tony_Foot said:

I mean, yes, but they also said a community manager would start in September.

25 more days to make that statement true :)

KGB

• bbigler
    edited September 2023

The new manager is reading our posts, getting to know everyone and the tone of the forum, I bet

OR

Still trying to get his company email, time card and other IT stuff setup, along with any compliance training

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tony_Foot said:

I don't care about the schedule at all, but I'd like to get some posts from them about the characters that were updated, new character previews...stuff like that.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

I don't care about the schedule at all, but I'd like to get some posts from them about the characters that were updated, new character previews...stuff like that.

All that stuff should just be an in game notification. 'Character X has changed, check out the changes'. There should be more in game stuff so everyone see's it. Rest I couldn't care less about. I couldn't care less if they never post on the forums again, none of it has any bearing on how I play the game or how much enjoyment I get.

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

@bbigler said:
    The new manager is reading our posts, getting to know everyone and the tone of the forum, I bet

OR

Still trying to get his company email, time card and other IT stuff setup, along with any compliance training

Probably both tbh

• Bowgentle

@dxanders said:

@bbigler said:

OR

Probably both tbh

They're a crew of 20 employees, I doubt they need days to set up a new person.

• entrailbucket

@Tony_Foot said:

@entrailbucket said:

All that stuff should just be an in game notification. 'Character X has changed, check out the changes'. There should be more in game stuff so everyone see's it. Rest I couldn't care less about. I couldn't care less if they never post on the forums again, none of it has any bearing on how I play the game or how much enjoyment I get.

That's a really good point and I agree with you.

• bbigler

But if all notifications were in-game, where would you all go to argue?

• entrailbucket

@bbigler said:
    But if all notifications were in-game, where would you all go to argue?

I would argue in-game, duh.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

The new admin is on maternity leave and decided a newborn is easier to deal with than us.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor

All this speculation on who will be the community liaison between you good people and the bcs team and I can confirm that it's me!
    After doing such a good job of answering everyone's queries that they have asked me to do my lunacy on a full time basis.

• I said more spider people
    • I said vulture would have powers
    • I said chasm wouldn't be touched
    • and I said what's new mpq has gone in the bin.

Sadly they haven't asked me nor have they commented on my, quite frankly hilarious retorts
    Should have our answers by the end of the week so we might know more, or maybe we won't.

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

@Bowgentle said:

@dxanders said:

@bbigler said:

OR

Probably both tbh

They're a crew of 20 employees, I doubt they need days to set up a new person.

Who said anything about days? It's the start of the month after a three day weekend.