Classic Legends Pack Poll October 23

Options
MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
edited September 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Hey there folks! It's time to vote for the next batch of boosted characters in the Classic Legends Pack. How have you all been enjoying the new rates? I've pulled way more 5*s than usual!

https://mpq.social/CCL

Comments

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options

I love it in theory, but have only pulled 1 5 star that was on the list out of many many pulls. I think this mostly only matters if you have been stockpiling CP for a long time.

Is the math you are X percentage more likely to get that character across the board? Or, you are X percent likely to get a 5star or 4 star, and if you get a 5star you are now X additional percentage more like to get the boosted 5stars?

Which ever it is though, I unfortunately, have terrible luck.

• MPQBlaine
    MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options

@WhiteBomber I personally love the 20 CP. It's a quickly achievable number that I can get to if I'm grinding. There are a lot of times I'd be just short of that 25 that'd keep me from "just 1 more pull."

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options

Oh, I agree. I only have 3 5star champs (and I just got them all there within the last month), so I actually use ALL of my CP on Classic Legends and stockpile my LL's for not SpiderGwens (sorry 1 guy who loves Gwen, I couldn't resist).

I play enough to acquire all CP from every PVE and PVP (excluding 50 wins), and I immediately dump it all in to Classics. Over the past 2 months I've put thousands of CP in to it and only received 1 of the boosted rate characters. I have however gotten other 5stars (which is also great), so my comment really was just to answer your question, that I love the idea of it, but unless you are stockpiling CP, it feels not too likely to make a sizeable dent.

Again, I totally acknowledge this could just very well be my unfortunate luck the past 2 months, and I still love (and appreciate) the concept.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,001 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's not a massive change. I pull a LOT of classics, and I definitely got more Crystals than I did, say, Moon Knights. But I didn't pull 100 Crystals, and I pulled plenty of other 5* too.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The odds of getting a 5* are no different. You are just more likely to get the specific 5*s featured.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I like the idea in theory, but I really don't pull classic legends unless I have classic tokens.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd rather have vaulting for 5s and latest 12 for 4s back.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

@MPQBlaine would it be possible to see a breakdown of the vote results? Like ok the 3 wins, but by how much did they win and which had the most votes of the three, and what percent voted for the others? Just wondering what value do voters place on these characters. Were there ones that didn't get a single vote?
    Just purely for fun and curiosity... would you be able to share this info?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    I like the idea in theory, but I really don't pull classic legends unless I have classic tokens.

I wish Classic Tokens were rewards someplace, like 35 wins in PvP is a perfect place or make it 50 wins and shift the 18 CP at 35 wins. We really need something in-between 25 and 50 wins

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,693 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

I wish Classic Tokens were rewards someplace, like 35 wins in PvP is a perfect place or make it 50 wins and 18 CP at 35 wins. We really need something in-between 25 and 50 wins

Definitely this.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Having three of their odds increased is a great idea.

Having three of their odds increased for an entire season (plus an offseason) is not.

Maybe have it rotate each week when DDQ changes? Or at least twice a season?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Most of the ideas people have to improve classics are basically just "make classics into latest," which is fine, but if they implement vaulting or something, that should be a third token type. Create some vaulted thing like all you guys seem to want at 20, and give me traditional classics at 15.

Thank you, I haven't been called "all you guys" before.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,693 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Most of the ideas people have to improve classics are basically just "make classics into latest," which is fine, but if they implement vaulting or something, that should be a third token type. Create some vaulted thing like all you guys seem to want at 20, and give me traditional classics at 15.

But you have wanted to secretly, right?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

But you have wanted to secretly, right?

Naturally.
    Who hasn't?

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

Ah, I just discovered that you're taking community input for the featured 5s. I thought it would just be a rotation so every 5 gets a chance to shine, even if that was going to take 2+ years to happen.

So I should basically not hold out any hope of seeing boosted odds for low covered 5s like Rescue or Wasp because they're never going to get enough votes when there are so many to choose from each month. Nice idea, botched implementation.

• entrailbucket
    Options

This just isn't going to do that. It's slightly increased odds of drawing the "featured" character. It's not vaulting or a limited set of characters.

If you're trying to get someone covered, your best route is still to bonus them and their feeder(s) or wait for a special store.

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

Yeah, I know it this wasn't intended to be just a limited set like the LL store. I pull Classics every week and just thought that at some point those low-covered 5s might see a better return. I'm following the rising tide approach, rather than the rush to a limited set of 5s. But with community input driving the selection process, the featured toons are only ever going to be the popular and "useful" ones.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@toecutter3095 said:
    Yeah, I know it this wasn't intended to be just a limited set like the LL store. I pull Classics every week and just thought that at some point those low-covered 5s might see a better return. I'm following the rising tide approach, rather than the rush to a limited set of 5s. But with community input driving the selection process, the featured toons are only ever going to be the popular and "useful" ones.

Just keep doing what you're doing. This is a really, really small change in the odds. You probably won't even notice which ones are "featured." I pull a TON of classics and it didn't make much difference for me.

This discussion has been closed.