Class of 2019 - a Horse called Bill

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Beta Ray Bill is actually way too good, and should be on a list somewhere to get nerfed.

I'd just take away the damage on his blue, and probably make it unfortified. That power does WAY too much stuff for 6ap, especially on a character that feeds his own blue.

LOL- Other than this event, probably no one who uses him ever casts his Blue. The Blue is used for Polaris's stun. Realistically his Blue could do nothing at all and he'd still be infinitely valuable because of his other 2 powers.

KGB

You must've missed the era when 550 BRB/Kitty was a popular team. Even Bill by himself, at high enough level, can completely shut down all incoming damage, on a power that's self-fed, that hits for 40,000 or something for 6ap.

40k if he's boosted and you have some extra levels on him. An unboosted 450 brb only does like 10k on blue.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@BriMan2222 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Beta Ray Bill is actually way too good, and should be on a list somewhere to get nerfed.

I'd just take away the damage on his blue, and probably make it unfortified. That power does WAY too much stuff for 6ap, especially on a character that feeds his own blue.

LOL- Other than this event, probably no one who uses him ever casts his Blue. The Blue is used for Polaris's stun. Realistically his Blue could do nothing at all and he'd still be infinitely valuable because of his other 2 powers.

KGB

You must've missed the era when 550 BRB/Kitty was a popular team. Even Bill by himself, at high enough level, can completely shut down all incoming damage, on a power that's self-fed, that hits for 40,000 or something for 6ap.

40k if he's boosted and you have some extra levels on him. An unboosted 450 brb only does like 10k on blue.

...that probably explains why those other guys didn't think too much of it. Seriously, it does too much stuff. It shouldn't be a highly efficient damage power and also an infinite protect tile generator, that feeds AP.

If you've never been trapped in a fight against him where your powers are doing 1 damage and he's hitting you for 40k every other turn, you wouldn't understand.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah, 40k is level 600+

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

I definitely use his blue, it is too good not to (but then I don't use Polaris)

• DAZ0273

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

I remember a fair few people calling for a nerf on his blue because it was such cheap spamable damage that also did useful stuff. Bill is a Crazy Horse when he gets going.

• DAZ0273

In a strange turn of events my climb so far in Perfect Storm has been surprisingly Bill- less.

• DAZ0273

Oh no...I was wrong, so very wrong, HORSE STAMPEDE!!!! Arghhhhhhh!!!!! Kill Bill!!!!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I see you lurking at 600, the horseface wall starts at around there, yeah.

• DAZ0273

@Bowgentle said:
    I see you lurking at 600, the horseface wall starts at around there, yeah.

You have me bang to rights - I am definitely lurking! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    I'll have 20 on the horse with the silly hat and armour

@KGB said:
    Other than this event, probably no one who uses him ever casts his Blue. The Blue is used for Polaris's stun.

In the winfinite teams, which I used for several months solid while I recovered from messing my roster up there's no point stunning so BRB's blue just speeds things up a bit.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

I remember a fair few people calling for a nerf on his blue because it was such cheap spamable damage that also did useful stuff. Bill is a Crazy Horse when he gets going.

Obviously there are far bigger problems now, so nobody talks about him very much. Also Chasm pretty much shuts him down because of the turn 0 stun. But in this event...with no Chasm and no bigger problems, well, you can see what it was like back then.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

In this class pvp there's the missing character who appeared on the previous class, the real BRB's partner.
    The britty team reigned for 3 whole years and many months exactly until the release of the Infamous-nerfed-in-intentions-exclusively one.
    Kitty was the real reason BRB didn't get nerfed, because kitty is his best duo and also his best counter.
    No matter if it was slow at that time because they also could face hulkoye teams.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question but I just fought a BRB/Rescue/GED team with my Prof X/BRB/Carnage team and every turn BRB was healing for 2366. Any idea why?

Once I downed him, Rescue didn't heal so it wasn't a Doom bug.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    I'll have 20 on the horse with the silly hat and armour

Rescue heals if there are 2 or more friendly protect tiles, is that it?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards

I was anticipating this being more of a slog than it was. Those % boosts came in handy with Carnage's free move each turn.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards

It was the worst one yet for me. I struggled to do 3 fights per day. One of the events I would have preferred them to have not locked out the other characters with the god boosted.

Once I eventually found a team of BRB Prof and Magik I found it much easier.

• DAZ0273

I actually just didn't have time this week to get very far on this one or MPQ in general but it was not the easiest one by far.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards

I think I only did the first one to 50 wins. All the others I've done to 25. It's too much pvp for me. I can just about do 4 extra wins per day. The thought of a sim season every week would probably tip me over!

• DAZ0273

The experience has been pretty wildly different regardless of my real life time available. I finished the 2014 one to 50 wins in 24 hours.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tony_Foot said:
    It was the worst one yet for me. I struggled to do 3 fights per day. One of the events I would have preferred them to have not locked out the other characters with the god boosted.

Once I eventually found a team of BRB Prof and Magik I found it much easier.

My Carnage and Bill have a decent number of levels on them. That helped. Like I said, with the % boosts, I was doing considerable match damage as long as the enemy Bill didn't luck into early blue.