Class of 2019 - a Horse called Bill

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Oh this is going to be VERY dull. Like a dull day before the annual dullest day in Dulltown, Dulleston.

Private Detective Hobey Boredswash looked up from his desk to see a "dame" standing in the doorway

"You a PI?"
    "For the right amount of money doll face, I'll be any flavour of pie you want!"
    "Yawn. How tedious. Anyway - I have a case for you."
    "Keep talking sweetlips."
    "Stop that and also - I need you to find something for me. PVP Excitement".
    "You came to the right place honeyle..."
    "No, absolutely you will not finish that. Anyway - can you find me something different here in Dulltown? Something not horse shaped tedium goo monster themed?!?!? Somebody NOT IN A WHEELCHAIR?!?!??"
    "Hey now lady, you'se got something against them disablers? My aunt Hettie was inna a wheelchair after she got her legs blown up in a freak Boom Boom explosion. Damn Muties! So you watch yer mouth!"
    "Find me a Hela!!! Locate a Captain Marvel!!! Anything!! I'll pay you well!"
    "We'd better start at the beginning. When did you last see dese missing persons?"
    "2019!!! They were so mediocre but at least they gave me a thrill until that horse turned up! And the baldie! Now...all I feel is dull inside."
    "Horse? Sounds like you'se need a vet!"
    "He has a hammer! And a silly hat! He is EVERYWHERE?!?!? My soul is so...darkened."
    "OK lady, sounds like I need to start asking questions at the DIY store! The silly hat store aint open today but believe you me, I'm about to crack this case WIDE OPEN!"

I'm contemplating whether it is too early to throw a surprise Rescue at it, just to see whether I can rack up a record loss of points. Probably after I pass the 12 wins point which will be prime attack the stupid player with the death wish range.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    I'll have 20 on the horse with the silly hat and armour

Yeah, huge thanks to anyone putting out any other team. I'll try and do the same.

• DAZ0273

OMG - PI Boredswash has solved part of the case - HELA sighting!

• DAZ0273

I immediately attacked the Hela team with BRB/Carnage/Prof X.

It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me (thanks Mrs. Daz for playing that song way too many times unless she is telling me something? I'll just assume that she is the problem).

• DAZ0273

So Rescue was sort'a useful in giving Bill some more shields but that battle took about 5,000 hours. The enemy team had a Throg team up also which spent about 10 minutes hitting me for -1 in a Zip Zap Zop frenzy, which was extra "fun".

• DAZ0273

So now we wait for the hits to come in I guess.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Giddy Up, Bill!

@DAZ0273 said:
    Oh this is going to be VERY dull. Like a dull day before the annual dullest day in Dulltown, Dulleston.

Private Detective Hobey Boredswash looked up from his desk to see a "dame" standing in the doorway

"You a PI?"
    "For the right amount of money doll face, I'll be any flavour of pie you want!"
    "Yawn. How tedious. Anyway - I have a case for you."
    "Keep talking sweetlips."
    "Stop that and also - I need you to find something for me. PVP Excitement".
    "You came to the right place honeyle..."
    "No, absolutely you will not finish that. Anyway - can you find me something different here in Dulltown? Something not horse shaped tedium goo monster themed?!?!? Somebody NOT IN A WHEELCHAIR?!?!??"
    "Hey now lady, you'se got something against them disablers? My aunt Hettie was inna a wheelchair after she got her legs blown up in a freak Boom Boom explosion. Damn Muties! So you watch yer mouth!"
    "Find me a Hela!!! Locate a Captain Marvel!!! Anything!! I'll pay you well!"
    "We'd better start at the beginning. When did you last see dese missing persons?"
    "2019!!! They were so mediocre but at least they gave me a thrill until that horse turned up! And the baldie! Now...all I feel is dull inside."
    "Horse? Sounds like you'se need a vet!"
    "He has a hammer! And a silly hat! He is EVERYWHERE?!?!? My soul is so...darkened."
    "OK lady, sounds like I need to start asking questions at the DIY store! The silly hat store aint open today but believe you me, I'm about to crack this case WIDE OPEN!"

I'm contemplating whether it is too early to throw a surprise Rescue at it, just to see whether I can rack up a record loss of points. Probably after I pass the 12 wins point which will be prime attack the stupid player with the death wish range.

I read this in voices. It was entertaining

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    I'll have 20 on the horse with the silly hat and armour

@DAZ0273 said:

I've used Hela - thought it was worth a go with BRB teams accumulating green.

Reader, it was not worth it.

Same went for the other special tile powers like CM, Sabretooth, and Th4nos.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@DrClever said:

@DAZ0273 said:

She's bad. I always think she should be good, and try to use her, and she's always bad.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@DrClever said:

@DAZ0273 said:

She's bad. I always think she should be good, and try to use her, and she's always bad.

She's only good on the enemy team.
    Always.

• nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 83 Match Maker

I saw this team at the top of my climb so I tried it, BRB, Juggs, Namor. I beat a BRB, PX, Thanos team with it. Not great, but it's easy wins for the other climbers.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 302 Mover and Shaker
    Bill who is a Beta Ray

I think this might be the worst experience I've ever had in this game...

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@WhiteBomber said:
    I think this might be the worst experience I've ever had in this game...

It really is a surprisingly un-fun annual class. there is basically no great synergy to leverage, and BRB is the best available character by a mile, so it just becomes a race to be the first one to get his blue off and then slowly grind down the enemy in a straight up slugfest.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Other

Some are saying that Rescue (yes, Rescue) can help break through the BRB's wall.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

Should we all vote Dr. Strange?

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@skittledaddy said:
    Some are saying that Rescue (yes, Rescue) can help break through the BRB's wall.

"Help" is a relative term. She steals 3 protects with 9 blue ap. But she converts the rest to red which will end up matching them if the walk is big, which will lead to yet more enemy ap and more brb blues. I think the better way to deal with brb is to bring a blue stun like 2099.

• entrailbucket

Beta Ray Bill is actually way too good, and should be on a list somewhere to get nerfed.

I'd just take away the damage on his blue, and probably make it unfortified. That power does WAY too much stuff for 6ap, especially on a character that feeds his own blue.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Giddy Up, Bill!

@entrailbucket said:
    Beta Ray Bill is actually way too good, and should be on a list somewhere to get nerfed.

I'd just take away the damage on his blue, and probably make it unfortified. That power does WAY too much stuff for 6ap, especially on a character that feeds his own blue.

You have something against horses, buck?

BRB isn't the problem, this class is the problem. As others stated above there's no synergy. BRB, Juggs and PX is working OK. Oddly I used Carnage, Hawkeye and PX on lesser teams for some wins.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bill who is a Beta Ray

@entrailbucket said:

LOL- Other than this event, probably no one who uses him ever casts his Blue. The Blue is used for Polaris's stun. Realistically his Blue could do nothing at all and he'd still be infinitely valuable because of his other 2 powers.

KGB

• entrailbucket

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

LOL- Other than this event, probably no one who uses him ever casts his Blue. The Blue is used for Polaris's stun. Realistically his Blue could do nothing at all and he'd still be infinitely valuable because of his other 2 powers.

KGB

You must've missed the era when 550 BRB/Kitty was a popular team. Even Bill by himself, at high enough level, can completely shut down all incoming damage, on a power that's self-fed, that hits for 40,000 or something for 6ap.