Are you saving or spending the anniversary tokens we've been getting?

Options
raber18
raber18 Posts: 50 Match Maker

I'm personally saving the tokens we've been getting in anticipation of the 10th anniversary vault being insane but the vault from last year was quite good so I'm curious if anybody has been spending theirs

Are you saving or spending the anniversary tokens we've been getting? 111 votes

Spending
14%
entrailbuckettiomonoKrossDyingLegendqandolsHistamielThisisClemFandangoNeroMr_FbentoboxCoxLargoIrisRyusamael64TpsimoesDomsouth04thor399 16 votes
Saving
85%
TheVultureZeiramMRKolenceNightglider1xKOBALTxIridiousPunter1GrimSkaldDeNappaJangoLoreAkatoshChipster22dokiyPunisher5784liminal_ladMoosePrimeWarbringacrakkeraziraphaleLavaManLee 95 votes

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Saving

While I still expect this year's vault to be as pointless as last year's vault, hoarding tokens is what we do in this game.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,744 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saving

@skittledaddy said:
    While I still expect this year's vault to be as pointless as last year's vault, hoarding tokens is what we do in this game.

Pointless? If we got the exact same vaults again I would be over the moon. They were far from pointless and I save all year for them.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Saving

On a side note which three would u expect to be in the store hoping for Mthor kang and omega red ();) what are everyone s views and expecatations

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saving

I accidentally used the first 2 tokens I got, but I got a Shang cover on the 2nd one!

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Saving

How does pulling from a post event vault work?

Say there was one Shang cover in the closed vault, can you end up getting more than 1 Shang cover because the game doesn't track what you have already gotten like it would do for an open vault??

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Captain_Trips88 said:

Say there was one Shang cover in the closed vault, can you end up getting more than 1 Shang cover because the game doesn't track what you have already gotten like it would do for an open vault??

Yes.
    With 20 tokens you could get 20 Shang covers.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saving

@Captain_Trips88 said:

Yes, but I believe that the pulls are weighted towards the lesser rewards. So you're more likely to get the 500 red iso multiple times than a 5 star cover multiple times

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@Captain_Trips88 said:

Yes, but I believe that the pulls are weighted towards the lesser rewards. So you're more likely to get the 500 red iso multiple times than a 5 star cover multiple times

Nope.
    1/80 for every pull.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Saving

I was not here last year, what was in that vault? Anyone still remember?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saving

5* covers, first time ever.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saving

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

shockingly hard to find details, but the 5*s rotated out every so often without notice to ones people didn't care for, so you can still find complaints about suddenly Dr Strange in there.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saving

I don't really anticipate it being better per se, I just want to go in eyes open since I'm trying to get as many different good 5* past 500. While more Shang is welcome, for example, I'm actually looking to limit my Okoye or Beta Ray Bill since I don't want to skew my MMR.

• thor399
    thor399 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Spending

I’m using them because I’m getting some decent rewards I got a 5* Kitty and 5* Shang-chi and that means I will get them again because while the vault is in stockpiled you don’t use the rewards up so if there’s one of something you want you can potentially pull it more then once I think I could be wrong can anyone else confirm this

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Saving

@Tony_Foot said:

@skittledaddy said:

Pointless? If we got the exact same vaults again I would be over the moon. They were far from pointless and I save all year for them.

They were pointless last year because the only characters in them were the same meta chars that are always in every Favorites/Anniversary store/vault. Nothing new. I mean, who was it? Shang, Kitty, Strange, BRB. Really?? Again...??
    At the time, they were pointless to me because the Classics I still needed to fully-cover were far from the meta, therefore never featured in any store/vault.
    Now that I have finished covering all of the Classic 5s through different means (Feeder updates and generic 5* shards in vaults), unless they contain covers of chars in the LL rotation, the Anniversary vaults will once again be pointless. At least to me, a soft-capper, that is...

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spending

Yeah I open everything immediately. I've already gotten a couple 5* from these!

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 795 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Saving

@mani82 said:
    On a side note which three would u expect to be in the store hoping for Mthor kang and omega red ();) what are everyone s views and expecatations

Who I personally want and who I expect are completely different. I'd love it if any of the three were Killmonger, Yelena, Black Bolt, Mister Sinister, Archangel, or Ghost Rider because they're all 1/1/1.

Who I expect would be Mthor, Kang, and Dr. Strange because it's always Dr. Strange. Chasm, by all metrics, should be there but with his looming buff/rework, gets left out on purpose.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 795 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Saving

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

Fan Favorite Store featured 5* Kitty, BRB, and Shang. Also increased odds for 16 4* characters which I can also find out but it's the same 16 that always get increased odds(Polaris, Shuri, BP, Valkyrie, Juggernaut etc). This store ran for the entire Anniversary Season and never changed.

There were four different vaults with 100 items each. Each vault was different as well.

Anny Vault 1:
    -6 FF tokens
    -5* Shang Kitty and BRB all 1/1/1
    -4 4* covers
    -2900 HP, 1000 HP, 600 HP
    -10,000 Iso, 3500 Iso(x6), 1000 Iso(x4)
    -1000 Riso(x2)
    -3* Dr. Strange, Thanos, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Kamala Khan, Deadpool and Cyclops all 1/1/1
    -4 3* covers
    -40 2* covers

Vault 2:
    -6 FF Tokens
    -5* Dr. Strange Kitty and BRB all 1/1/1
    -4* Polaris, America Chavez, Juggernaut and Karnak all 1/1/1
    -1000 Riso(x2)
    -22 3* covers
    -35 2* covers

Vault 3:
    -6 FF Tokens
    -5* Dr. Strange Shang and Ghostpool all 1/1/1
    -4* Captain Marvel and America Chavez both 1/1/1
    -2 4* covers
    -1000 Riso(x2)
    -3* Dr. Strange Deadpool Thanos all 1/1/1
    -12 3* covers
    -40 2* covers

Vault 4:
    -6 FF Tokens
    -5* Shang Kitty and BRB all 1/1/1
    -4 4* covers
    -1000 Riso(x2)
    -3* Dr. Strange, Thanos, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Kamala Khan, Deadpool and Cyclops all 1/1/1
    -4 3* covers
    -40 2* covers

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If any vault is called Fan Favorite, you could probably exprct there 5s featured who are the favorites of the big players majority, vs the 5s you personally are expecting.
    If not probably would be called "username's favorites", and only "username " and some others would pull for that.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Saving

My BRB and Kitty are 550 and my Shang is 546, so not pulling as I await this year's vault hoping for different characters.