Are you saving or spending the anniversary tokens we've been getting?

2»

Comments

• raber18
    raber18 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Saving

I'm hoping it's either 5* shards and not an actual character or like a lot of the pick three tokens/some other way to have more choice in what we get

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor

Enough with the 5* covers , just give us 500 level 5 shards, those would be everyone’s favorite character.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 590 Critical Contributor
    Saving

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Ed_Dragonrider said:
    I was not here last year, what was in that vault? Anyone still remember?

Fan Favorite Store featured 5* Kitty, BRB, and Shang. Also increased odds for 16 4* characters which I can also find out but it's the same 16 that always get increased odds(Polaris, Shuri, BP, Valkyrie, Juggernaut etc). This store ran for the entire Anniversary Season and never changed.

There were four different vaults with 100 items each. Each vault was different as well.

Vault 4:
    -6 FF Tokens
    -5* Shang Kitty and BRB all 1/1/1
    -4 4* covers
    -2900 HP, 1000 HP, 600 HP
    -10,000 Iso, 3500 Iso(x6), 1000 Iso(x4)
    -1000 Riso(x2)
    -3* Dr. Strange, Thanos, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Kamala Khan, Deadpool and Cyclops all 1/1/1
    -4 3* covers
    -40 2* covers

Wow! Thanks for this write up! I'm guessing the post event tokens would go to vault4 then, as that was the last one.
    These sound really good, so I kinda want to pull them now. 😄 I'm working on SC to get him all covers, and kitty and BRB are babychamps, so I could always do with more for them, but then if this was last year, just think what all we might get this year! Decisions decisions!
    Also, I really need to start saving more hp...

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Saving

So I was saving my tokens and then yesterday morning I pulled one spicy token and got the 4* from just that and thought my luck was good and proceeded to pull all 19 tokens I had been saving only to get not a single 5* from it and only 1000HP as the only noteworthy reward from all of those pulls. What a tease….

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards
    Saving

I pulled 3 and got 3* & 2* which has put me off a bit for purely illogical reasons.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor
    Saving

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Ed_Dragonrider said:
    I was not here last year, what was in that vault? Anyone still remember?

Fan Favorite Store featured 5* Kitty, BRB, and Shang. Also increased odds for 16 4* characters which I can also find out but it's the same 16 that always get increased odds(Polaris, Shuri, BP, Valkyrie, Juggernaut etc). This store ran for the entire Anniversary Season and never changed.

There were four different vaults with 100 items each. Each vault was different as well.

Vault 4:
    -6 FF Tokens
    -5* Shang Kitty and BRB all 1/1/1
    -4 4* covers
    -2900 HP, 1000 HP, 600 HP
    -10,000 Iso, 3500 Iso(x6), 1000 Iso(x4)
    -1000 Riso(x2)
    -3* Dr. Strange, Thanos, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Kamala Khan, Deadpool and Cyclops all 1/1/1
    -4 3* covers
    -40 2* covers

Wow! Thanks for this write up! I'm guessing the post event tokens would go to vault4 then, as that was the last one.
    These sound really good, so I kinda want to pull them now. 😄 I'm working on SC to get him all covers, and kitty and BRB are babychamps, so I could always do with more for them, but then if this was last year, just think what all we might get this year! Decisions decisions!
    Also, I really need to start saving more hp...

No problem. I like making notes of these types of things because it all goes to keeping track of my overall progress. And inevitably someone will ask about the information as well. I always have questions and the OGs on here always have an answer so I'm just tryna help out as well.

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Saving

Wonder if we will have small time window when we will know the contents of the 10th anniversary vault before it goes live. If so, waiting would allow a player to decide whether to pull or not based on hard data.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Spending

@Chipster22 said:
    Wonder if we will have small time window when we will know the contents of the 10th anniversary vault before it goes live. If so, waiting would allow a player to decide whether to pull or not based on hard data.

I've pulled 5* Shang-Chi and Kitty Pryde covers (not shards, full covers) from these so far. There's also a fan favorites legendary token in there, but I'm not sure which 5* are in that.

Hope that helps a little!

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Saving

@entrailbucket said:

@Chipster22 said:

I've pulled 5* Shang-Chi and Kitty Pryde covers (not shards, full covers) from these so far. There's also a fan favorites legendary token in there, but I'm not sure which 5* are in that.

Yes. That information should be able to be gleaned from current pulls or from looking at last year's posts. What I'm hoping is they will tell us what's in the new upcoming vault for season 10 ahead of time.

Not holding my breath to get prior information from the devs though

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Chipster22 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Chipster22 said:

Yes. That information should be able to be gleaned from current pulls or from looking at last year's posts. What I'm hoping is they will tell us what's in the new upcoming vault for season 10 ahead of time.

We didn't get any info last year, so... Yeah, don't count on it.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2023
    Saving

@Bowgentle said:

@Chipster22 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Chipster22 said:

We didn't get any info last year, so... Yeah, don't count on it.

I think we got to know it would be brb kitty and Shang two weeks prior last time it was in the updates page ;nowadays it is not updating

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

They definitely did not tell us that there would be full 5* covers in those vaults.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor
    Saving

Nothing was said before the first vault went live. Nothing was said for the first couple of days the first vault was live. Then with like two days left before the first vault expired, we were told there would be other vaults with other 5* characters each lasting about a week. This way there is a vault available for the entire anniversary season. I remember because I was furious at the poor communication.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spending

@Chipster22 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Chipster22 said:

...I'm an idiot. Of course, those are still last year's tokens. I actually thought I was helping!

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Saving

Because 10th gonna be one hell of a ride!

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Saving

@Chrynos1989 said:
    Because 10th gonna be one hell of a ride!

U imply there is going to be ghostpool ghost rider and magik lol

• raber18
    raber18 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Saving

I'm actually kind of surprised that over 10% are spending tokens and not just hoarding them. Assuming everyone who uses this forum is to some degree above "casual", im curious what percentage of actual casual players are spending vs hoarding