Anniversary countdown quest bug or what?

Options
jbtilley
jbtilley Posts: 20 Just Dropped In

I'm sure this has been asked before but there's a great deal of confusion as to what happened with this event. The one where you complete all the events per year and they all add up at the end to earn a half million ISO.

I completed all the events from day one. I know this for sure. At some point my totals magically changed. At the time I saw that there was some event that was bugged or something and the totals got adjusted from x out of 11 to x out of 10. Whenever that happened my total events completed number got subtracted from.

In my alliance someone asked how many events out of 10 they had complete. I did them all and I have 4/10, as do some others. Other people in the alliance say they have 5/10 compete.

If you've done all the events, which is it? 4 out of 10 or 5 out of 10? If it's 5 out of 10 what is going to be done for the people that did all the events and are at 4 out of 10 for some reason? They got cheated out of a half million ISO.

Comments

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2023
    Options

I’m at 5/10 right now but I remember when the quests first came out it was out of 11. I remember seeing in a thread somewhere where I think it was Devpool that said there was some kind of glitch in the system with one of the weeks that caused them to change it from 11 to 10.

Whether or not there’s still going to be 11 events or 10 is not something I know for certain at this point, maybe they’ll be able to respond here to clarify that for you. I would imagine if at the end of it, if it doesn’t allow you to complete it despite you doing all events you could bring up a ticket with CS to see if they could fix that for you. I know that’s not ideal but that would be my recommendation given the circumstances you find yourselves in.

**Edit: > @DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:

Yep! Right now it's looking like we're going to end up reducing the required number of completions from 11 to 10. The issue stemmed from an unknown limitation in achievement tracking that we'll account for going forward.

That was his comment from before, so they’re aware of that issue so hopefully it doesn’t affect you getting it completed.

• jbtilley
    edited August 2023
    Options

I was afraid people were going to say that it was 5 out of 10.

I know for sure that I did all the events but I'm somehow sitting at only 4 out of 10, effectively barring me from being able to get the half million ISO.

They should have never deleted from someone's totals. They should have just reduced the event from 11 to 10 and let people keep whatever their current total was.

How does one open a ticket? I'd rather do it now than wait until the end.

Edit: or alternately allow people to claim the final reward with 9/10 complete to offset the confusion and bugs they introduced.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@jbtilley said:
    I was afraid people were going to say that it was 5 out of 10.

I know for sure that I did all the events but I'm somehow sitting at only 4 out of 10, effectively barring me from being able to get the half million ISO.

They should have never deleted from someone's totals. They should have just reduced the event from 11 to 10 and let people keep whatever their current total was.

How does one open a ticket? I'd rather do it now than wait until the end.

Edit: or alternately allow people to claim the final reward with 9/10 complete to offset the confusion and bugs they introduced.

They didn't delete from anyone's totals.
    They set the quests down from 2/11 to 2/10 because somehow people didn't get credits for one of the events.

• jbtilley
    Options

They very much deleted from mine. I noticed my event completed total go DOWN before I noticed that they had lowered the second number.

• jbtilley
    edited August 2023
    Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/15nkwic/class_of_event_broken/

Here's a reddit post from 10 days ago where others reported that their counters got decremented.

Here's another from 21 days ago. https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/15dq7xh/quest_counter_bug/

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 281 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I flagged it here twice as well:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88915/anniversary-countdown-quest-not-updating-correctly#latest

https://reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/s/omRfCQ6orj

To quote myself:

What I believe happened (as suggested by others to me), is that whoever completed 2014 before the hotfix is now one short because they reduced the number on both ends of the / by 1. Those who completed 2014 after the fix did score that token and now have one more towards the /10 completion.

Another way to look at it is that those who completed it after the hotfix got lucky and have to do one ‘year’ less

You should still be able to finish the full quest, but a dev confirmation would be nice, since I don’t know if the above is true.

• jbtilley
    Options

Thanks for the added info. I suspect that's what happened to me because I did all the quests as quickly as I could.

It would be nice to have confirmation. I don't mind having to do an "extra" event but I will mind if I miss out on the final reward due to a bug.

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. 2018
    2. 2019
    3. 2020
    4. 2021
    5. 2022
    6. 2023

That’s 6 more Class PVP events, which would bring your current 4/10 to 10/10

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options

I'm in the same position - all quests completed but only showing 4 out of 10. I've seen a comment on Facebook confirming that there will be 6 more events concluding with 2023 so as Bladewing says there are still enough events remaining to achieve the overall reward.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’m currently at 5/10 having completed 2017

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 281 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I’m currently at 5/10 having completed 2017

And I’ll only be at 4/10 despite having completed all as well. You’ll just get the rewards a week sooner than me though.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 795 Critical Contributor
    Options

Would be pretty sweet if we could select the year to get rid of. I would pick 2016 and the lame give TU's that's gonna be taunting me for the next 45 days.