Balancing Changes

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,288 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2023 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Hello everyone,

We're here to share some immediate changes to the game and also to address some community concerns.

Starting with the immediate changes, the cards Kiora, Sovereign of the Deep (Masterpiece - MOM) and Danitha, Benalia's Hope (Rare - DMU) have been rebalanced, with the aim of avoiding infinite loops and promoting better gameplay for everyone. Check out the changes made below:

• Danitha, Benalia's Hope (Rare - DMU)

• Current version: "When this creature enters the battlefield: Pick one of the first 4 Equipment or Aura cards from your library. Fetch that card. It gains full mana."
    • New version: "When this creature enters the battlefield: Pick one of the first 4 Equipment or Aura cards from your library. Fetch that card. It gains full mana. This effect can trigger up to 3 time(s) per turn."
  • Kiora, Sovereign of the Deep (Masterpiece - MOM)

• Current version: "Ward: Drain 7 mana from your hand. When you cast a Kraken, Leviathan, Octopus, Serpent, or Merfolk card from your hand: Fetch the first card with lesser mana value from your library. It gains full mana."
    • New version: "Ward: Drain 7 mana from your hand. When you cast a Kraken, Leviathan, Octopus, Serpent, or Merfolk card from your hand: Fetch the first card with lesser mana value from your library. It gains full mana. This effect can trigger up to 3 time(s) per turn."

An update with these changes is already available in the app stores.

The urgent fix to Kiora's OTK loop was necessary, and we took this opportunity to address Danitha's rebalancing as well, though we recognize that, ideally, this would have been addressed earlier. Your feedback and patience have been crucial, and as a token of our appreciation, we are going to send everyone in-game compensation right after the force update, which is planned to happen tomorrow.

Storage Mana and Full Mana: these inconsistencies are currently being analyzed, and might receive necessary adjustments soon. We are aware that our current bug-fixing process is below our usual standards. We acknowledge this shortcoming and assure you that we're actively working to improve. Your continued reporting of issues is invaluable to us, and we encourage you to keep it up.

We're still committed to implementing the Ranked System and Matchmaking changes previously mentioned. These structural changes should be resumed soon, and all community feedback provided so far will be taken into consideration during development.

As we already mentioned in some Q&A and comments, we recently went through some internal restructuring. We’re excited to share some news with you soon, one that not only connects with but also gives context to this process and its related challenges.

Thank you all for your continuous support, understanding, and engagement.

Kind regards,

Magic Puzzle Quest Team.

Comments

• DAllofAbove
    DAllofAbove Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

That’s what I’m talking about! Great start! Cheers!

• aaronfetty
    aaronfetty Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

:):):)

• TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

Thank you and thank the devs. This was needed for the health of the game and looking forward to the rank implementation you mentioned

• Valkyrja
    Valkyrja Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thank you for listening and taking action. Please continue to do so.

• Anarchangel
    Anarchangel Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thank you.
    I still think a game-wide limit of say, 10 or 20 times per turn, with other cards having lower caps, would solve a lot of problems.

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

Thank you. I look forward to this change and upcoming news.

• TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Thank you so much, VIP restarted, I have renewed faith in you and the game!

• Fireguy
    Fireguy Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited August 2023
    Options

Oh my goodnesssssss thank youuuu, you're the best! Now we can get back to more normal coalition fun without having to build for or use "no-fun loops".

I do agree with Opperstamper above. Godo does the same thing as Danitha. He is an MP and much more rare but it might be best to limit him from looping as well.

Thanks again for giving us hope back!

• Rant_Ent
    Rant_Ent Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options

Thanks.
    So there's still a chance for this game

• gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

NICE Well Done Oktagon!

Thank you!

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Is Kiora still bugged tho? Does she still trigger when she comes into play if there was no copy of her in play already? And does she still always fetch the cheapest card in your deck, and not the first card with lesser mana value, as stated on the card?

• CarminaBurana
    CarminaBurana Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Dear Dev Team, thank you for hearing us and the prompt changes ❤️

• Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I love the quick response to the issue and the sensible fixes. I really appreciate it!

• greenmeanie1
    greenmeanie1 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thank you for hearing our complaints on some issues. It’s a step in the right direction fir now but there are still a lot of issues that need addressed.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

Thanks for this much needed change. I do regret that we need a revolt to get you to move @Oktagon_Support. There is a long way to go before you get my trust back.

• souki12
    souki12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thanks a lot for this much needed change. Much appreciated. Too bad it came only now, but better late than never.

• Magefyre70
    Magefyre70 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

Curse of Vitality and Defiant Bloodlord is another "can't stop it once it starts" infinite loop. Harder to get being a masterpiece though.

• gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hey Yall, What other loops Did I Miss here?

https://youtu.be/tM1k8vcMT8s

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Oktagon_Support Rocco is a big problem, especially because of the way stored mana is handled. Stored mana in a card should reset once casted, which will change how often Rocco can loop. Also, Rocco's stored mana amount should be reduced by... Something like 10? That way it can only fetch creatures with a mana cost of 10 and under. No more fetching Bladecoil, Xander, and tons of other meta-dominating creatures.