Iso-8 Brotherhood

WilliamK1983
WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

Regarding the opening nodes, specifically the Target Located node, does it stay the entire event or does it need to be fully cleared by the end of the first day? I'm asking because I didn't know to clear a similar node on Enemy of the State by the first day and I missed out on points. This being another new event for me like EotS, I wanna get this one right the first time around. Any insight is appreciated.

Comments

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In

Nodes under the "Home" icon last the entire event. Nodes under the numbered sections only last 1 day. (Or 2 for events with 2 day subs.)

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Well.
    Not all of them last all event.
    This one does.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    Well.
    This one does.

...assuming they haven't changed how any of that works.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

Perfect. Thanks everyone

• Bowgentle
    edited August 2023

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Well.
    This one does.

...assuming they haven't changed how any of that works.

It would be kinda crazy if it stayed for day two, then disappeared on day 3.
    Not impossible, but more something Demi would have done during the Calvinball PVE era.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler

Was there a big stash iso node in the end marked out as the iso crystal on the pve screen I don’t remember well can somebody clarify

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

@mani82 said:
    Was there a big stash iso node in the end marked out as the iso crystal on the pve screen I don’t remember well can somebody clarify

yeah, I thought there was a moonstone node that needed to be unlocked later in iso8? But who knows? I was never able to access it but can confirm it was visible

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler

Thanks kindly post here if u find any this iso shortage is real

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

Odd thing - just got to 82,500 Points and got the two Iso-8 Brotherhood tokens, but these are post event tokens and not the Iso 8 Brotherhood vault.

It's not a bug because when you click on the rewards, it gives you an overview, with 14x odds on 4* Cyclops and War Machine.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

It's quite irritating that the point spread for these 7 day events is so flat. It takes full grinds on ~5.5 or 6 of the 7 days to get max prog. Which is a significantly higher time commitment than the 3 and 4 events.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

@Vhailorx said:
    It's quite irritating that the point spread for these 7 day events is so flat. It takes full grinds on ~5.5 or 6 of the 7 days to get max prog. Which is a significantly higher time commitment than the 3 and 4 events.

Which CL? I did 10 and didn’t do any days grinding. 3 clears on main nodes got me 15k over.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tony_Foot said:

@Vhailorx said:

Which CL? I did 10 and didn’t do any days grinding. 3 clears on main nodes got me 15k over.

Yeah, same. I was way, way over prog and didn't grind anything.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

I did a 4th clear on the trivial nodes and a few of the easier non-trivial nodes (never a 4th clear on the 5E or challenge node) and hit max progression very early today (like before I finished the trivial nodes).

You must have missed a day somewhere or some nodes somehow.

Normally you can skip day 1 and 2 and still hit full progression if you do 4 clears on days 3-7. I wanted to read the story line again (it makes many other regularly run PvEs make sense) so I did all 7 days this event.

KGB

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

It is exactly the same as any other older pve. Hitting all the nodes except the 5E in CL7 five times right away will get you just over the progression. You don't even need to hit the repeatable main node more than once.

It may seem more tedious, but let's not forget that we get double the usual rewards (plus a litle extra on top). Those 5.5-6 days are comparable to 2.5 days in a 3-day pve plus 3 days in a 4-day pve during a week. :)

Now, if you wish to play optimally, you can skip whole 2 days, but not at the end but at the start. Again in CL7, playing optimally (still no 5E) you can get to progression starting from sub 3, also hitting main node just once. Or a few times if you're not as fast in clearing/grinding perhaps.

Higher CLs give even more points on the 5E node, so it's possible to skip more still.

Really, it's set up the same as any other pve...

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

@Tony_Foot said:

@Vhailorx said:

Cl10.

Each sub-event for this evetn averages ~20k points for 3-clears, with the early nodes being worth a bit under 20k and the last day being worth 26k and change. That means a player needs to 3-clear 6/7 days to hit max prog. IIRC the scoring in enemy of the state is similar. That is a significantly higher percentage (~83%) than for 3/4 day events (which are closer to 50 or 60%).

This is obviously not a concern at all for people who job early and do full clears, let alone optimal grinds. But it is a noticeable QoL decrease for semi-retired players like me who do not play optimally and try to play the bare minimum for pve max clear.

(edit: I think the major difference is that BCS did not update the challenge nodes, so they are still valued as 2* nodes. They also may not have applied the same 4-clear to 3-clear uplift that demi did.)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

I went for Top 100 on this one so green checked coz I needed Venomdino shards and Moondragon covers but I was comfortably finished full prog with a day and a half to go. My only complaint is that this might be the most boring PvE ever but it was pretty straight forward.

• Bowgentle

Yeah the new challenge nodes weren't exactly overabundant with creative teams.

• DAZ0273

Considering they had to create the CN and 5E from scratch it would have been a great opportunity to switch things up with some new bad guys (maybe a Scorpion or Rhino who have been involved with anti-Avengers teams) as those nodes don't have story elements (unless of course the code specified Dark Avengers ALWAYS, alllllllwaaaaaaaaayssssss)

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

The challenge node replaces the 2* node so could simply be the same characters at a higher level.

• DAZ0273

@Ptahhotep said:
    The challenge node replaces the 2* node so could simply be the same characters at a higher level.

Which is a missed opportunity but could be a coding thing.