Options
DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,806 Chairperson of the Boards

This is much more fun. And you?

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'll let you know at 10pm EST. But I reckon it's gonna be a lot more fun.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It is.
    No health Packs used!

• DevpoolMPQ_BCS
    DevpoolMPQ_BCS ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options

Anecdotally players do seem to be enjoying this one the most of the lot thus far!

• Bowgentle
    Options

Gee wonder why.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd just like to remind everyone, there is no Placement rewards for this event so there's no reason to leave our 2-3 5* champs on defense. It's OK to get hit. It'll make 50 wins alot quicker. Thanks :)

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

I think most people get it, use a team that saves health packs and is easy on defense. I’m using the 5* loaner Jean + 3Switch + 3Cyclops. It works pretty well.

Please be kind and don’t use Carnage.

I already knocked out 25 wins

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just started, will be running lvl672 OML/Surfer/Phoenix the entire time.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,097 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well, that was massively easier than 2014. I was slogging through 2014 until almost the very last day. I just grinded 50 wins in 2015 in like 20 minutes.

At first it was all mirror matches of phoenix/oml/surfer but at around 500 points I broke mmr and started seeing 4 star teams. At 600 points I further broke mmr and started seeing 3 star teams. Around 750 points I obliterated mmr and started seeing 1 star teams. Got 50 wins in no time, and several defensive wins from a 1 star player that apparently didn't appreciate me hitting them for 3 points over and over again.

I have no idea how they thought their team of lvl 40's would have even the slightest chance against 3 characters each over 570, but I sure do admire your never give up attitude 1 star guy.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Until you've completed it at which point, especially if you've also seen the broken MMR, you'll stick in a team that's easier to beat, right?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DrClever said:

@entrailbucket said:

Until you've completed it at which point, especially if you've also seen the broken MMR, you'll stick in a team that's easier to beat, right?

So...no.

But also, I'm not even sure if that's possible in this event. Changing to a weaker team is possible in regular PvP but it's a little complicated, and going from 550/550/550 to 4* would have to be done slowly, in several steps. In this event I don't have any other 5* I can use, so I don't think it's possible to put out a weaker team.

• DrClever
    Options

If you end up in BriMan2222's situation it would be trivial, no?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DrClever said:
    If you end up in BriMan2222's situation it would be trivial, no?

Sure, I could even win a fight with 1*, but my defensive team would still show 3x5*.

It used to work the way you're thinking, but the devs made a change years ago to prevent players from exploiting that. Now your defensive team (basically) can't be switched between tiers -- it'll show you using the old one.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,740 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’m just seeing 3 boosted 5* and finding it slow going. My unchamped surfer tanks too much over my champed oml and phoenix. Slow going for me and losing my surfer.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I'm already past my win count in less than 24 hours than what I got in total for 2014. I've just met my first cheaty stun team with Iceman on it (and Switch too but with a beefy Surfer) so things are getting even more interesting.

• Bowgentle
    Options

I broke MMR at about 1050 and experienced what Briman did.
    This was worlds better than 2014.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    I’m just seeing 3 boosted 5* and finding it slow going. My unchamped surfer tanks too much over my champed oml and phoenix. Slow going for me and losing my surfer.

Use 4* Deadpool with Phoenix & OML, he will proc X-Enforcer constantly for lots of free damage. You don't need a defensive team so it is perfectly good to use a 4*.

• DrClever
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

It used to work the way you're thinking, but the devs made a change years ago

Ah. In this particular instance that's a shame.

Thanks for the update (which I apologise in advance for forgetting by the next time this sort of thing comes up).

• DAZ0273
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    Anecdotally players do seem to be enjoying this one the most of the lot thus far!

I think you have legit lured some older players back with this - I am currently fighting against somebody who has a champed Silver Surfer but a poorly covered Phoenix and a third of 3* Kamala Khan. At first I thought this must be a trap team (although to what end I don't know) so I checked the roster and no, legit that is their best team. There is very little chance that this is a new player withy the roster they had.

Driving up PvP engagement (even if it sort of cheaty PvP) for these weeks is a really good achievement - Kudos to whoever came up with the idea, Mr. PoolMPQ_BCS!

• DAZ0273
    Options

And I am done.

Roll on 2016!

• DAZ0273
    Options

OK...I have discovered a problem.

Literally after I got my 50 wins a hit notification came in...from a guy whose team has 3*Switch in it. Goddammit! I don't need to fight this guy, let it go, Daz, he is just getting wins and you don't need to fight him! There is literally nothing more to do here. NOTHING!

Blitzed that sucka. Attack me with a 3* character on your team will you??!?!?!?

Is it possible to turn off notifications? I have a feeling this could get very petty...