Omega Red discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,046 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you send him airborne, does the AEO repeater tick (I know it doesn't for stuns)?

I wonder if when facing the immortal Bros it might be worth bringing Electro as his partner so that Hulks AOE generates enough Yellow so that you can fire his Yellow every turn filling up tiles so Chasm can't use them and gradually increasing your own defenses and healing him if/when he gets low on health.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Does OR make Dino-Venom mostly pointless as a Chasm/Immortal counter?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't think he's bad, but I don't think he's in the "usable unboosted" tier.

Getting a free, passive AoE, obviously, immediately means he's usable. Attaching it to something on the board makes it much more "fair" than Hulk and allows Thor to act as a decent counter. I don't think the permanent damage is all that relevant and I still don't get why they overvalue that modifier so much.

His red is a good multi hit power that wants to be boosted. His yellow is probably going to be set to 3 forever but it's perfectly usable, and making it active keeps it relatively balanced even though it's cheap.

The thing that's probably gonna hold him back from total domination is sharing colors with Apocalypse and Okoye. This is probably intentional on the devs' part. He looks like the sort of character we can break with a booster (a multi hit active and a passive AoE), I'm just not sure how he plays with either of the boosters. He'll likely tank over Okoye, which makes that complicated. Apocalypse is much more promising, but I'm not sure I'd pick him over better Apocalypse partners.

I was thinking about this and I don't see any reason for not running him with Apoc despite the colour overlap. You'll want Apoc's yellow of course first but once that is in play it will make shields that help both characters, his passive black will be boosted and you can pick and choose from red multi-hit powers as you like. Seems half decent?

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

I like him a lot, but I'd like him more if black did 10 times less damage, and immunity to stun went away too.
    free passive damage, even more AOE, should be weighted 20 times the design cost they currently have.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't think he's bad, but I don't think he's in the "usable unboosted" tier.

Getting a free, passive AoE, obviously, immediately means he's usable. Attaching it to something on the board makes it much more "fair" than Hulk and allows Thor to act as a decent counter. I don't think the permanent damage is all that relevant and I still don't get why they overvalue that modifier so much.

His red is a good multi hit power that wants to be boosted. His yellow is probably going to be set to 3 forever but it's perfectly usable, and making it active keeps it relatively balanced even though it's cheap.

The thing that's probably gonna hold him back from total domination is sharing colors with Apocalypse and Okoye. This is probably intentional on the devs' part. He looks like the sort of character we can break with a booster (a multi hit active and a passive AoE), I'm just not sure how he plays with either of the boosters. He'll likely tank over Okoye, which makes that complicated. Apocalypse is much more promising, but I'm not sure I'd pick him over better Apocalypse partners.

I was thinking about this and I don't see any reason for not running him with Apoc despite the colour overlap. You'll want Apoc's yellow of course first but once that is in play it will make shields that help both characters, his passive black will be boosted and you can pick and choose from red multi-hit powers as you like. Seems half decent?

Oh no, I don't think that's a bad team at all, I just don't see why, given access to every other character, I'd choose Omega Red/Apocalypse over, say, Beta Ray Bill/Apocalypse.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don’t even know the team I’d run him with.

From a glance okoye, omega red, Abigail/Wong/elektra

It is difficult to know without a usable omega red

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options

First off. Called it! WOO. Omega Red is here!

But right. First thing I wanna add is it seems that "Horseman" may now be a new theme for upcoming 5 stars similar to "Immortal" and Phoenix 5.

Kit wise. Honestly seems really neat and fun. My question is will that black passive cause a possible increase or desire for more characters who fortify countdown tiles? Even those who speed it up? Is Hawkeye going to be a good synergy with him or maybe even reworked Gobby if he keeps his kit.

Regardless though. Omega Red is here. A joyous day!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,249 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Glad to see him hit the game, and looking at least not terrible on paper, mildly bummed his cover wasn’t X-Men #5.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I don’t even know the team I’d run him with.

From a glance okoye, omega red, Abigail/Wong/elektra

Okoye definitely, Hawkeye is my favourite third so far, BRB was also good.

• CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options

@dianetics said:

Red Black Yellow

21263 health at 255.

Match damage please? <3

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,174 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@CallTheStorm said:

Match damage please? <3

His damage at lv255 is the same as the recent 5* i.e. at lv450 his match damage is 1068/949/831.