Options

Surfer, if they include him.
    Else wall to wall X-Force 4* Thor.
    Or maybe Jean / Cyke?
    So many options.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

X Force/4Thor will be (mostly) just like it was back in 2014, now that they've restored him. She's a little worse, but it shouldn't change things that much.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh right, Surfer was 2015.
    Yep, Thorverine 2.0 it is.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Would you like some Snikt with your Snikt?

• Bowgentle
    Options

This is... So slow 🤣
    Sure, X-Force murders everything, but I miss my 5* match damage.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options

You don't have to win the match, so just starting and exiting counts. Since only progression counts, I wish people would leave out teams without Wolverine and IW. Their matches are so slow.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    This is... So slow 🤣
    Sure, X-Force murders everything, but I miss my 5* match damage.

Everyone is using IM40. I haven't seen a match yet without him lol

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Its been a real blast from the past. One thing to note!!! At that particular snapshot in time, XFW and Sue were more trophy class 4*. Nothing like their current incarnations. One thing I really liked about this era of MPQ was the need to save ap and fire the nuke. Hood's AP steal is so strong in this era of play. Sad to see how that AP drain concept lead us straight to chasm.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options

More of this, I'd happily see events like this running all year round alongside the usual season events.

So refreshing to use older characters! And I can imagine the rage of so many players having to actually think about playing instead of just meta-ing everything

• Punisher5784
    edited July 2023
    Options

I am really loving this event simply for it's historic purposes only. Back when I was just a youngster, XFW was king! I was too young though and 4* were nearly impossible to get. By the time I got XFW covered he was nerfed. This event allows me to see how crazy he was tearing through everything with black and green.

Note: XFW was actually trash upon his initial release, but later buffed to Top of world, then nerfed back to bottom then recently rebuffed to the current version that's killing this PvP

• Punisher5784
    Options

@Phumade said:
    Its been a real blast from the past. One thing to note!!! At that particular snapshot in time, XFW and Sue were more trophy class 4*. Nothing like their current incarnations. One thing I really liked about this era of MPQ was the need to save ap and fire the nuke. Hood's AP steal is so strong in this era of play. Sad to see how that AP drain concept lead us straight to chasm.

Class of 2014 is Sentry (when I first joined the game). Maybe we'll see that infamous Sentry/Hood team next Class PvP. Sentry's recent rebuff can do some damage.

It'll likely be alot of 4hor but she's so weak now since her nerf

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Phumade said:

Class of 2014 is Sentry (when I first joined the game). Maybe we'll see that infamous Sentry/Hood team next Class PvP. Sentry's recent rebuff can do some damage.

It'll likely be alot of 4hor but she's so weak now since her nerf

You'll see nothing but Thorverine 2.0

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

Sentry might have worked, if he could still use strike tiles with CDs?
    Though probably not, because maxed boosted 4-star health is more than what Sentry teams at the time needed to deal with. It was pre-champ levels, but I think if both 3's and 4's are maxed and boosted, 4's still gain more in comparison. I remember how my Sentry that was missing one cover (and 13 levels or so) couldn't bomb Hulk to death, on occasion. (And I could've used that x-force cover at 1300 or 1400, wherever it was at the time, in Hulk's pvp...) :D

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've been loving this PvP. I really like how there is a limited selection in who you can use. Forces players to use characters they haven't used in a while.

Because many of my 3 stars I farm now instead of using, I have been able to use Punisher, Hood, and Loki again.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Didn't read everyone's thoughts, but since these PvPs are going to be non-placement, they could've helped us out by letting us use supports. Would've been a decent place to test out their use in PvP as well.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Didn't read everyone's thoughts, but since these PvPs are going to be non-placement, they could've helped us out by letting us use supports. Would've been a decent place to test out their use in PvP as well.

That function isn't built yet

• Bowgentle
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Borstock said:

They don't want us to test anything.
    They'll spend a year building their final version, then maybe touch it once, after.
    These devs don't iterate. Ever.

• Borstock
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

That function isn't built yet

Did they say that?

Either way, it's irrelevant to my point. They knew they were doing this. They should've had it ready in time.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They've been "testing" a Chasm nerf for about 6 months now, and they haven't bothered to move that to production before running 10 events in a row that are 100% Chasm teams -- I'm pretty sure they haven't thought about any of this.

• Borstock
    edited July 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    They've been "testing" a Chasm nerf for about 6 months now, and they haven't bothered to move that to production before running 10 events in a row that are 100% Chasm teams -- I'm pretty sure they haven't thought about any of this.

Unless they're just blowing smoke up our hindquarters, they're working on something. Theoretically, there are, like, people working 8 hour days, 5 days a week on... stuff. They've mentioned how they aren't thrilled with the way the game was coded, so I guess it's plausible they're literally re-building the game from scratch.

But if that's NOT what they're doing, what the heck ARE they doing?