Bring on The Bad Guys

Options
DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards

I sensed the mood of the Forum had become downcast, mopey perhaps even maudlin with the news that Chasm was still going to be stealing our AP for another 2 months so I thought to myself: Daz - what can you do to cheer everybody up? Quit the Forum? Shut up? Those are great ideas but hey now Daz - let's not get hasty there buddy! What about a poll? Almost everybody likes a poll right?* And everybody likes NEW bad guys right?**

You know that shutting up thing, Daz? Yeah - time to do that! On to the poll!

• I have no data to support this
    ** Well I guess not the Good guys so much but then they need to have somebody to make them look good

Bring on The Bad Guys 48 votes

Atlanteans
2%
Hollis 1 vote
Lava Men
0%
Savage Land Mutates
8%
TheVultureJangoLoreScofiefractalvisions 4 votes
Hellfire Club goons
12%
GrimSkaldPunisher5784ikulChristinesmess13CarnifexDomitronas 6 votes
Phalanx
6%
Alfje17JaGoSuperCarrot 3 votes
Brood
27%
IridiousSeasick PirateAwebermanHistamielFirst311skittledaddyVenomousBriMan2222TimemachinegoProfShoehornsameeryItsmeabxabVader614 13 votes
Ani-Men
2%
bigjojo04 1 vote
Kree
14%
WarbringaKGBEagledaveMegaBeeNeoktheoneRealMonkeyMaxDomsouth04 7 votes
Morlocks
10%
liminal_ladrevskipturbomooseGymp28MPQBren 5 votes
You fool! You forgot about...Other!
16%
Tony_FootBlackstonekirk justicePtahhotepdianeticsWilliamK1983Catalibanpepitedechocolat 8 votes

Comments

• DAZ0273
    Options

I acknowledge that I may not have coherently explained the point of this so you are free to interpret as you see fit but I think I was talking about new MPQ goons we haven't got yet? I think.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hellfire Club goons

Hellfire goons would just look cool, but I can see Morlocks being goons in the game

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Savage Land Mutates

I have no idea what most of them are, but "goons being eaten by dinosaurs" needs to be a thing and it thematically fits better than eating ninjas or sentinels.

• DAZ0273
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Scofie said:
    I have no idea what most of them are, but "goons being eaten by dinosaurs" needs to be a thing and it thematically fits better than eating ninjas or sentinels.

That would be these guys:

Most of them aren't quite good enough to be even bench warmers so I figure goons is a better way to use them.

Edit: Except I guess Vertigo - she is the lady in the Go Go dress who also had the audacity to move out of the Savage Land and join the Marauders. Not cool lady, killing all those Morlocks!

• DAZ0273
    Options

In case some of these are a bit obscure:

Lava Men

I own this story and I can't tell you what the hell is going on here but fear the Lava Men! If you have ever had a Lava Lamp then you know how hot these guys can get!

Phalanx

Back in the 90's somebody at Marvel was watching Star Trek and they saw The Borg and thought "Yes, YES!" not realising that The Borg were just Cybermen and that actually they already had a character who was also already The Borg. After some cocaine The Phalanx were born.

Ani-Men

So you got to the Ani-Men poll option and you thought "But the Ani-Men in GotG3 seem really nice!"

No, not those Ani-Men - I am talking about these ones! You know - with the evil frog and cat? No? They very nearly lasted 5 minutes against the X-Men once! What?

And I know YOU all know these guys right from the time Chris Claremont watched Alien and 20th Century Fox never sued Marvel and now they never have to!

The Brood

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,503 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You forgot the skrulls.
    You could make interesting events trying to unmask 1 skrull on a team or something.
    After unmasking the dude starts the second wave and you fight the hero skrull and two skrull adds.

• DAZ0273
    edited July 2023
    Options

The reason I didn't include the Skrulls was because we have 2 in game already and I figured there was zero chance of more due to that. But they could be interesting as goons.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@dianetics said:
    You forgot the skrulls.
    You could make interesting events trying to unmask 1 skrull on a team or something.
    After unmasking the dude starts the second wave and you fight the hero skrull and two skrull adds.

Plot twist the skrull was in your team and you now need to fight 2v3, and pay for the skrull health pack after the game

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,503 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That could actually work too. Stop you from bringing anybody too op

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Almost everybody likes a poll right?*

Maybe you could make a poll asking about this ;)

• DAZ0273
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Almost everybody likes a poll right?*

Maybe you could make a poll asking about this ;)

I bet I could...

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Did they ever give us the Dark Elf goons in an event? They were in the code from, like, the first year of the game, but they scrapped the event that was meant to use them.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Don't think so. We are actually fairly lacking in Asgardian stuff given there are like a whole bunch of realms that want to kill Thor and his buddies.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hellfire Club goons

I'm just going to have to give it up for the Hellfire Club. Particularly if we can see the Barry Windsor-Smith cyborg designs for the goons who went on to serve Pierce after he was kicked out. Those were kind of cool.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 795 Critical Contributor
    Options

Frost Giant Goons could help out with the Asgardian representation or lack thereof.

Grandmaster says ****-guards could be new goons too.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brood

I feel like a consensus here, and among friends, is more X-Men content. Honestly if they decide to add something for alongside the 90s X-Men Reboot, then we might actually see some.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Mole men, with Mole Man to lead them. He should also be playable, not like Gorgon.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Ptahhotep said:
    Mole men, with Mole Man to lead them. He should also be playable, not like Gorgon.

I scratched that itch with the Lava Men but sure, why not?

• DAZ0273
    Options

I definitely feel the Brood have potential - they could have a power where they infect one of your characters and when the countdown or whatever expires they turn into a Brood and you lose them.

• RealMonkeyMax
    RealMonkeyMax Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Kree

Mole men.