OKTAGON Q&A Session - July 2023

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,290 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2023 in MtGPQ General Discussion
  1. Are there plans to add new content to MTGPQ prior to Wilds of Eldraine?
    Answer: The next batch of new content is scheduled to join the game with Wilds of Eldraine.

2. Can you please add a feature that allows us to scroll through the leaderboard of a running event? In case we lose an objective or a match, it is sometimes useful to see how many players have a perfect score to assess if it's worthwhile to keep playing matches. Currently it is only possible to see a few players above and below your own score.
    Answer: This is an interesting feature suggestion, thanks for bringing it to our attention. We’ll be discussing the viability with our development team for a future update.

3. Is the dev team still in the process of evaluating whether any changes need to be made to Danitha/Blade of Shared Souls? How many more months will they need to consider this issue?
    Answer: The balancing changes for Danitha, Benalia’s Hope and Kiora, Sovereign of the Deep were announced here

4. What are the plans for the game moving forward? There have been no new developments, or things to look forward to, communicated to the player base, good or bad. Why?
    Answer: As we already mentioned in some Q&A and comments, we recently went through some internal restructuring. We’re excited to share some news with you soon, one that not only connects with but also gives context to this process and its related challenges.

5. What about Lord of The Rings set?
    Answer: Due to the way licensing agreement for this Intellectual Property was structured, it is not currently possible to bring the Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle Earth set to Magic the Gathering: Puzzle Quest.

6. Can you tell us if the cards from Jumpstart will permanently stay in Standard format? I was unable to find an answer to this question looking for it on the forum.
    Answer: Currently we have no plans of removing our current Jumpstart set from the Standard format, but we might review this decision in the future.

Hi everyone,
How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by July 31st, so please send your questions and doubts to the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYqub9Qek-ycIeX8mddiH9MPqudIxeRfiNECZRaKCHHxDBGA/viewform.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Rebeca

Comments

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor
    Options

Can you please add a feature that allows us to scroll through the leader board of a running event? In case we lose an objective or a match, it is sometimes useful to see how many players have a perfect score to assess if it's worthwile to keep playing matches. Currently it is only possible to see a few players above and below your own score.

Question also submitted via web form.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Is the dev team still in the process of evaluating whether any changes need to be made to Danitha/Blade of Shared Souls? How many more months will they need to consider this issue?

Question also submitted via web form

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Oktagon_Support : When can we expect answers to these questions? I would also like to add that there is another turn 1 kill combo because of the bugged Kiora masterpiece. Danitha / Blade is already killing the game. Please nerf both of them asap!

Edit: To be honest, I really don't know why you need this long to make these changes? You've shown in the past that you were able to fix broken things as fast as a single day. This is taking months already, which is unacceptable. Fix your broken game, because players are leaving. No one wants that. Standard doesn't want T1 combos.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Options

Hey guys,
    I wanted to let you know that the team asked for a little extra time to answer questions this month, so responses may be a little late. But once all questions are answered, I will post them here for you!
    Thanks for your patience.
    Rebeca.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Options

(8/11/23) UPDATE - Answers
    Thank you all for participating 🧡, the August Q&A has already started here.
    Rebeca

• Sarah
    Sarah Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options

@Magic:PQ Support Team said:
    Hey guys,
    I wanted to let you know that the team asked for a little extra time to answer questions this month, so responses may be a little late. But once all questions are answered, I will post them here for you!
    Thanks for your patience.
    Rebeca.

Any update on when we’ll see answers to July’s questions?