**** Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada) ****

Options
13»

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah that 1:1 fight with Colleen was tough but he does seem like a decent overall 4*. I love the artwork they used.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,945 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Every time they do "storyline" or, like "rivalry" fights or whatever 1-on-1, it's always the worst possible opponent. That fight was awful.

(I don't know if Silver Samurai and Colleen Wing are storyline rivals or something, but I can't imagine any other reason they'd pick her for this. I'm sure someone will correct me.)

I've been saying this forever and it's beyond dumb that it still happens: SHIELD Training is how you sell us the new character. Every single fight in that map should be designed to make the new guy look as good as possible, so players want to buy them.

Silver Samurai has a power that he can't cast at all unless he has teammates, so, like, maybe DON'T FORCE HIM TO DO A SOLO FIGHT.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Agree it was a terrible 1-1 fight. I got smoked the first 4 times I tried because once she gets one or two Blues on the board she seems to perpetually heal and end up at full health while I was practically dead.

I even boosted 40% all match damage and didn't win. Finally had to add 20% extra on red/yellow and black/purple to the 40% all match damage and I managed to get a couple cascades that netted me enough Red to double cast before she got he heal mechanic going. But it was all luck.

KGB

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It won't let me use SS's yellow on chasm, it's just locked. Will let me use it on black widow fine, and chasm's not stunned or anything like that. Are all characters that cause self damage blocked?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    It won't let me use SS's yellow on chasm, it's just locked. Will let me use it on black widow fine, and chasm's not stunned or anything like that. Are all characters that cause self damage blocked?

You can use it on Sentry. If you do, Sentry's Sacrifice damages Silver Samurai.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2023
    Options

Kang was also locked, anyone got any idea why? If there is something in the description that I've missed then fair enough but couldn't see anything?.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He sure doesn't mind taking one for the team, does he? I am renaming him Silver Suicide.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

reading his powers I was like : ok, looks nice on paper
    testing him in shield training and pvp I am like : ok, lets shelve him in the "never used bin"

That said I'm curious why some char cannot be targeted with his yellow, seems weird.

• DAZ0273
    Options

It is the Bushido Code or something, I guess? Maybe we need to stop voting for people with swords, it isn't going well so far.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Not a fun fight. I won it the second time after using a teamup to end it.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah between him and black knight I think we shouldn't have a poll next year.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Application for Fan Favourite MPQ character

Name: Swordsman
    Have you applied for this position before: No.
    Do you or are you likely to have a sword: That's a strange question...wait, let me Google something,,,
    Uh-oh: These past winners...they all have swords but...what is this about charged tiles?
    Black Knight has an electric sword: No he doesn't!
    He does, check Avengers #350: The guy in your game does not have a laser sword! Have you got something against swords?
    Lies, we love swords: Hmm.
    Method of Transport: Legs?
    Memo to Designer - attacks tiles except they are feet: No...wait...I have a sword! If I am successful I expect to be very sword-y!
    All of our Sword characters are great: Good I...wait what is this...what the hell have you done to Magik's legs?!?!?
    They were like that before: Yeah...maybe Contest of Champions are hiring..

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:

Something changed, I'm now able to use yellow targeting Chasm.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

In a later round I was able to target Kang.
    But Widow was not targetable when riri sent her airbourne. Maybe can't target if stunned/away/airbourne? I wasn't paying attention enough first time round to know if that was a factor. Once widow returned both could be targeted

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options

He didn’t work for Chasm yesterday for me, and he had no status change at the time. Then today he was targetable. Both times I was using him on the Black Widow node in Welcome to Shield.