**** Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada) ****

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited August 2023 in Character Details

Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada)
4-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains, Mutants, Mercenaries

"Kenuichio Harada is the mutant son of the former Japanese crimelord Shingen Harada. As a youth, Harada mastered the attendant disciplines of the midieval samurai and sought employment as a warrior for hire. He has worked for villains such as Mandrill and H.Y.D.R.A., but more recently has worked as a part of government licensed and run Japanese hero teams."

Abilities listed at level 70/270/370
Health: 4668/17288/35402

Tachyon Blade - 7 Red AP
Silver Samurai swings his Tachyon-charged blade at his target, cutting through their attacks and defenses. Deals 222 damage to the target and destroys a selected column, plus 56 damage for each enemy Special tile destroyed. (Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.)
(PASSIVE) Silver Samurai ignores damage reduction from enemy Protect tiles.
270: 433/108 damage / 370: 892/223 damage

• Level 2: Deals 295 damage and 66 damage.
    • 270: 576/126 damage / 370: 1186/261 damage
  • Level 3: Deals 444 damage and 94 damage.
    • 270: 866/180 damage / 370: 1784/372 damage
  • Level 4: Deals 759 damage and 168 damage.
    • 270: 1481/324 damage / 370: 3051/669 damage
  • Level 5: Deals 1405 damage and 298 damage.
    • 270: 2741/576 damage / 370: 5646/1189 damage

Warrior For Hire - 4 Yellow AP
Silver Samurai will protect anyone for the right price. He moves to the front, converting a random tile (prioritizing enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles) into a 2-turn Countdown tile targeting a selected Ally. While on the board, this tile increases Silver Samurai's chance to block damage by 10%, and any time the protected ally would take damage, Silver Samurai jumps to the front taking the damage instead.
(PASSIVE) Teleportation Rin's passive is unlocked.
270: N/A / 370: N/A

• Level 2: Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile and increases block chance by 15%.
    • 270: N/A / 370: N/A
  • Level 3: Increases block chance by 20%.
  • Level 4: Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile and increases block chance by 25%.
  • Level 5: Creates a 5-turn Countdown tile and increases block chance by 35%.

Teleportation Ring - 7 Black AP
Silver Samurai isn't above using dishonorable tactics to gain an advantage in combat. He prepares to evade, avoiding the next damage he would take. The next time Silver Samurai would evade or block damage, his counter-attack deals 20% increased damage and steals 1 Red AP.
(PASSIVE) Silver Samurai has a 15% chance to block his enemies' strikes, taking only 45% of the damage. Whenever Silver Samurai evades or blocks damage, he counter-attacks, dealing 93 damage to the target.
270: 180 damage / 370: 372 damage

• Level 2: Active counter-attack deals 35% increased damage. Counter-attack deals 121 damage, 20% chance to block.
    • 270: 234 damage / 370: 484 damage
  • Level 3: Active counter-attack deals 50% increased damage. Counter-attack deals 186 damage. Blocking takes 35% of the damage.
    • 270: 360 damage / 370: 744 damage
  • Level 4: Steals 2 Red AP. Counter-attack deals 279 damage, 25% chance to block.
    • 270: 540 damage / 370: 1116 damage
  • Level 5: Active counter-attack deals 100% increased damage. Counter-attack deals 419 damage. 30% chance to Block, taking 30% of the damage.
    • 270: 810 damage / 370: 1674 damage

Feeder Update

Release Events

Story
Meet Rocket & Groot - 7/13 - 7/17
Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada) Covers and Shards in Placement rewards, Event Token in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - 7/16 - 7/20
Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada) Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Thick as Thieves - 7/17 - 7/21
Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada) Covers and Shards + Vault Token in Progression rewards

Versus
Magnetic Mayhem - Magneto (Classic) - 7/13 - 7/17
Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada) Cover and Shards as Placement rewards

Storm of Steel - Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada) - 7/16 - 7/20
Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada) Covers and Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Offers
Silver Samurai & Foes Vault - 7/16 - 7/20
80 Item Vault:
3x 4-Stars - 1x Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada), 1x Domino (X-Force), 1x Random
7x Tokens - 1x Legendary token, 1x Mighty Token, 2x Heroic Tokens, 3x Beginner Support tokens
6x Iso-8 - 1x 5,000 Iso-8, 2x 2,500 Iso-8, 3x 1,000 Iso-8
15x 3-Stars - 3x Hit-Monkey (Mercenary Hitman), 12x Random 3-Star covers
49x 2-Stars - 10x Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men). 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Looks interesting, but some questions as usual. Does his black's passive have a chance to block only matches or does it work on powers too?

• Domsouth04
    Domsouth04 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

When do we get the free login cover?

• luisdile02
    luisdile02 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

That red is a Polaris/BRB stopper, full stop.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is 4AP currently the cheapest repeatable active power in the game? There's Scarlet Witch but you can only cast that once per battle.

He seems fine, but probably not as annoying as he could be? Gonna have to see how it plays, but the percentages seem reasonable -- not too high or too low.

I'd probably pair him with a power booster to get free extra boost hits off his counterattacks.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Just imagine how irritating he will be paired with Moondragon.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Is 4AP currently the cheapest repeatable active power in the game? There's Scarlet Witch but you can only cast that once per battle.

He seems fine, but probably not as annoying as he could be? Gonna have to see how it plays, but the percentages seem reasonable -- not too high or too low.

I'd probably pair him with a power booster to get free extra boost hits off his counterattacks.

Riri Red is 3. Overcharges eventually but certainly ways to get around that.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@luisdile02 said:

Definitely not. It doesn't do that much damage and what's worse, because it destroys the column of tiles it generates free AP for BrB which means Blue which means Polaris is gonna stun someone.

The last 4 star (Moondragon) was a much better BRB/Polaris stopper because she removes all tiles in excess of a certain number which means no AP generation and removes over the entire board and does it passively.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Second release in a row without retrospective feeders for the noob. Co-incidence or a sign that the good old days of free covers on release are a thing of the past?*

*Noted we are in fact getting a free cover but I assume that is a one-off and not every new release upcoming

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

They ran out of 3s to assign, I think?

• DAZ0273
    edited July 2023
    Options

Does 3* Hit Monkey feed two?

Edit: He does - would have made more sense to swap him over to Samurai

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Wow, feeding Hit Monkey... I did not see this coming.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:

@luisdile02 said:

Definitely not. It doesn't do that much damage and what's worse, because it destroys the column of tiles it generates free AP for BrB which means Blue which means Polaris is gonna stun someone.

The last 4 star (Moondragon) was a much better BRB/Polaris stopper because she removes all tiles in excess of a certain number which means no AP generation and removes over the entire board and does it passively.

KGB

I agree that it is not a good Polaris/BRB counter. The passive part counters the Protect tile spam, but the active destroying BRB's protects helps him.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"Kenuichio Harada is the mutant son of the former Japanese crimelord Shingen Harada. As a youth, Harada mastered the attendant disciplines of the midieval samurai and sought employment as a warrior for hire."

If BCS ever decides to hire a proofreader, give me a call!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Alfje17 said:
    "Kenuichio Harada is the mutant son of the former Japanese crimelord Shingen Harada. As a youth, Harada mastered the attendant disciplines of the midieval samurai and sought employment as a warrior for hire."

We'll be lucky if that is all that is wrong with him. He might not even have a sword in game. ;)

• MoosePrime
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Alfje17 said:

We'll be lucky if that is all that is wrong with him. He might not even have a sword in game. ;)

He'll probably be gold instead of silver.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Alfje17 said:

He'll probably be gold instead of silver.

Purple squiggle FTW.

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I guess I'm missing something.
    Why does Yellow's passive activate Black's passive?
    If yellow passive has no other restrictions (which it doesn't seem to) then black passive is automatically active. Why not just say that black passive is active?
    Does doing it this way just mean that black passive isn't active for round one?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Rhipf said:
    If yellow passive has no other restrictions (which it doesn't seem to) then black passive is automatically active. Why not just say that black passive is active?

I'm thinking it's to make the character function if you have 0 Black covers, because Yellow doesn't work without that element?

• MoosePrime
    Options

@Rhipf said:

Yellow doesn't actually block any damage, that's a function of the black passive. So if you don't have the black passive, then the yellow increasing block chance wouldn't do anything.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:
    thanks for derailing thread AGAIN and AGAIN
    (for the record I have similar experience to @KGB , but I'd appreciate these discussion to not pollute new char threads)

It’s always the same old suspects. I don’t know why forumites keep interacting with them.

As for Silver Sam…looks like 3/5/5 is the way to go