MPQ Developer Q&A June 2023 (ANSWERS)

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Finally they said their system to rebalance characters, and it coincides with the former devs one, except on rare occasions.
    I think it's a failed system.
    Because:

Nobody uses him because:

1) he's old, and thus hard to get if you don't spend CP into classics.
    2) he was really bad for a long time, so tons of people never bothered with him.
    3) chasm etc exist and are far, fat better than everyone else, so there's no reason to ever use anybody besides them.

These reasons perfectly also apply to any 5* nobody uses.
    Ergo, the hard process and time committed rebalancing a 5* (really long time between a 5* rebalance and the next one) will mostly benefit in the end the champ' em all players who at the most baby champed a really bad character knowing it.
    When characters like Dr strange or daredevil never will see a rebalance because the people use them.

And the chasm rebalance it's taking more than pregnancy.
    I bet anything you want that in his rebalance they will forget what makes him broken: he is a machine of spending health packs trying to fight him, while the opposite never happens using him.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,952 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Been trying to understand how beast and fury are more usuable now. Furys yellow is cheaper which means you can fire it more often but does the decreased damage make him useful?
    Beast, I've said before, I will die on this hill. His creating charged tiles to further his "experiments" ie more powers completely fits, his new power creates specials to what? Improve his black?
    Also interestingly this is the 1st month my question has been ignored, they should stipulate that some questions will not be answered in the original post.
    Bit disappointed that the team decide what to answer and what to ignore but it is their game and we are but players.

They've been ignoring my question for like 6 months in a row!

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@LavaManLee said:

@entrailbucket said:
    I mean, I'm using very high level characters but I'm also fighting against very high level characters. Do you need a character who can repeatedly stomp 550 Chasms? Or are you fighting against enemies 100 levels lower than that?

I don't need either. If Silver Surfer were so great at any level, we would see him everywhere and there would be lots of hints/tricks all over about using him. If he works for you, great. I'm disagreeing that just having some kind of Silver Surfer (the OP of this said his wasn't even champed yet) is good enough to compete. It's not.

Since the buff he's absolutely usable, at any level. Nobody uses him because:

2) he was really bad for a long time, so tons of people never bothered with him.
    3) chasm etc exist and are far, far better than everyone else, so there's no reason to ever use anybody besides them.

Never said he wasn't usable. What I do say is I disagree with (in your words) that having him you are "good enough to compete". In no way do I think you are good enough to compete. In PVP, you will be destroyed and in PVE you will take too long to effectively place. But I never said he wasn't usable.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@entrailbucket said:

@LavaManLee said:

@entrailbucket said:
    I mean, I'm using very high level characters but I'm also fighting against very high level characters. Do you need a character who can repeatedly stomp 550 Chasms? Or are you fighting against enemies 100 levels lower than that?

I don't need either. If Silver Surfer were so great at any level, we would see him everywhere and there would be lots of hints/tricks all over about using him. If he works for you, great. I'm disagreeing that just having some kind of Silver Surfer (the OP of this said his wasn't even champed yet) is good enough to compete. It's not.

Since the buff he's absolutely usable, at any level. Nobody uses him because:

3) chasm etc exist and are far, far better than everyone else, so there's no reason to ever use anybody besides them.

Never said he wasn't usable. What I do say is I disagree with (in your words) that having him you are "good enough to compete". In no way do I think you are good enough to compete. In PVP, you will be destroyed and in PVE you will take too long to effectively place. But I never said he wasn't usable.

If you think he's "usable" but you can't use him to compete, what exactly would you be using him for?

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Been trying to understand how beast and fury are more usuable now. Furys yellow is cheaper which means you can fire it more often but does the decreased damage make him useful?
    Beast, I've said before, I will die on this hill. His creating charged tiles to further his "experiments" ie more powers completely fits, his new power creates specials to what? Improve his black?
    Also interestingly this is the 1st month my question has been ignored, they should stipulate that some questions will not be answered in the original post.
    Bit disappointed that the team decide what to answer and what to ignore but it is their game and we are but players.

They are not, they're just 100% useless now, don't bother.

They ruined 2 characters because they werent used enough and now they'll be even less, good job BCS? Not sure what they're trying to accompish.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@sinnerjfl said:

They are not, they're just 100% useless now, don't bother.

They ruined 2 characters because they weren't used enough and now they'll be even less, good job BCS? Not sure what they're trying to accomplish.

It would be nice if we ever got a rationale/explanation/announcement for the Fury and Talos changes.

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Im gonna guess its a timing thing because of Secret Invasion?

Not the first time they time rebalances with tv shows/movies.

Talos seems better at least, Fury is a just a feeble old man now? Is that the reasoning? lol

• entrailbucket
    Options

Oh I'm sure the show is why they chose those characters. But in the past they've given a breakdown of the old powers and the new ones and why they adjusted each one. We didn't get anything at all for these two.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Oh I'm sure the show is why they chose those characters. But in the past they've given a breakdown of the old powers and the new ones and why they adjusted each one. We didn't get anything at all for these two.

Yep. Communication has gone by the wayside. A comparison would have been nice.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

They ignored my question last two months, and I had one of the first posts each month. Definitely annoying they cherry pick what they will answer and felt out ignore others.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@tonypq said:

They ignored my question last two months, and I had one of the first posts each month. Definitely annoying they cherry pick what they will answer and felt out ignore others.

Not to defend the Devs or anything but your question started off with a passive aggressive insult. I am sure you didn't mean it in that way and I understand your frustration but that is how it came off. They have actually addressed the team depth of BCS in a previous Q&A so it probably made it easy to ignore what seemed to be a shot in the first sentence before they got to the meat of what you were asking about character complexity which was a good question. They also addressed bug fixing in another response. They may not have read past that first sentence - I wouldn't have because I would have assumed that nothing constructive was following. It's a shame but maybe next time the ol' flies with honey approach might work better.

As I already mentioned Entrailbucket is asking for what appears to be potentially commercially sensitive information (no idea why but I am not a Dev) so I suspect that one will be a until the cows come home deal.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options

BCS can say what they will, I still find it odd that they took a couple characters (Dark Beast, Fury) who DID have uses and made them profoundly worse. My 4* self struggling to transition into SCL10 with Polaris and BRB did absolutely use the old beast, sometimes he was the best 3rd for me in that.

And we ("we") all know that Fury was the best partner for Shangvez given good supports. Of the many nerfs I've seen, that one feels most targeted at "over-performing" rosters than any. On par with what I understand OML's to have been. Next time you can just tell us that you're mad that the peasants are eating well, ffs.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have to confess I never used either Nick or DB. I don't really understand the changes but I'm not sure I see any dark motives at work. Then again I still don't understand why they changed 4* Kingpin back in the day either (different Devs obviously).

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I used to dust off dark beast every now and then to go with polaris just to mix it up a bit. Think he's definitely worse for that now.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

I think it’s cool that you guys take the time away from your day to cherry pick the easy questions and ignore the important ones.

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Yep, I’m done bothering. Ask a question or heaven forbid two that literally require a one word yes/no and all I got out of it was being scolded by Super Mod himself.

Yay for communication…

• entrailbucket
    Options

Oh I'll never stop asking the same question. Not knowing when to quit is, like, my entire schtick.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

In the private message box below your question box, tell them how great they are and keep up the good work! It's worked for me the past 6mos with every question of mine answered ;)

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Maybe we should start a thread compiling all the ignored questions. I'm curious if there's a pattern.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

I recall Brigby one time pulled usage numbers for characters and adjusted them by release date and I want to say event feature count even as part of one of those "how many times has X been used/fired/something" contest questions. i think pulling last 30 days with no adjustments is probably not telling the correct story. There are very few good single-character blue batteries anymore, though there are at least two excellent 2-character batteries there. i searched for that thread but couldn't find it; i would have expected it to be more easy to search.