Omega Red is the next 3 star/5 star

Options
2»

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@TFrame said:
    Omega Red stinks. Boring character with zero personality or back story of interest. Boring and ridiculous power set (where do those coils even go when they retract? What even is a death spore?). Lazy 90s character design. He's never been in a decent story arch. Even got himself beat up by the Generation X kids. I'm sure he's coming at some point but I can easily think of 100 mutants who I'd rather see in this game. Oh, and he's also a serial child predator.

You may not like him, but to me he's one of the more memorable villains in the X-Men Animated Series, plus he's been a highly requested character in MPQ for nearly 10yrs.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Omega Red has some of my favorite Wolvie fights when I was reading comics as a kid. I’m excited if he is coming.

Also, really??? Where do the tentacles go? As if every other character is realistic? I think disliking him or finding him boring is certainly valid though. I’m not a fan of Captain America and I doubt that’s a popular opinion. So, I get it.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just googled and found there is an Omega Red Symbiote.

Given it's the summer of symbiotes that may be why they finally allowed Omega Red into the game and that his 5* version could be yet another symbiote :p

KGB

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options

@KGB said:

Given it's the summer of symbiotes that may be why they finally allowed Omega Red into the game and that his 5* version could be yet another symbiote :p

KGB

As excited and certain I am it's Omega Red, the idea 5 star is Symbiote and 3 star is Original is something I was afraid of. For someone so requested to not make him a 5 star would be so weird.

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 178 Tile Toppler
    Options

@KGB said:

KGB

Your first sentence went back in time and upset 11 year old me.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@TFrame said:
    Omega Red stinks. Boring character with zero personality or back story of interest. Boring and ridiculous power set (where do those coils even go when they retract? What even is a death spore?). Lazy 90s character design. He's never been in a decent story arch. Even got himself beat up by the Generation X kids. I'm sure he's coming at some point but I can easily think of 100 mutants who I'd rather see in this game. Oh, and he's also a serial child predator.

You may not like him, but to me he's one of the more memorable villains in the X-Men Animated Series, plus he's been a highly requested character in MPQ for nearly 10yrs.

I bet Children of the Atom and the Marvel vs games helped his popularity too. The late 90s, early 2000s were truly the golden age of Capcom arcade games.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options

Is "Red's in some of the in game comics" (paraphrasing) the entirety of the evidence for your hypothesis?

If so, I don't buy it. No hate, it's just not reasonable to be so certain with such unreliable evidence.

Just my opinion though.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bzhai said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@TFrame said:

I bet Children of the Atom and the Marvel vs games helped his popularity too. The late 90s, early 2000s were truly the golden age of Capcom arcade games.

He is so cheaty in both of those with his poxy tentacles. Another reason to despise him.

• Punisher5784
    Options

@KGB said:

KGB

If that's the case then I better see 5* Punisher (Symbiote) too

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I remember a What If? comic that did Punisher!Venom from when I was younger, is that image from it or did Marvel bring that more recently?

• Punisher5784
    Options

@ZeiramMR said:
    I remember a What If? comic that did Punisher!Venom from when I was younger, is that image from it or did Marvel bring that more recently?

No clue. If it wasn't for MPQ, I would have no idea what happened after I stopped reading during Onslaught in the 90s

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

5* Punisher - Frankencastle or Angel Punisher?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

5 star War machine punisher

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options

I desperately want War Machine Suit Punisher. His design is just so so good

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Venomous said:
    I desperately want War Machine Suit Punisher. His design is just so so good

I know it won't be popular currently, but I do like the symbiote Punisher too. Very cool indeed.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,503 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If we get a 5* Punisher it should be the version when Frank was a black dude that teamed up with Luke Cage.

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 178 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2023
    Options

@dianetics said:
    If we get a 5* Punisher it should be the version when Frank was a black dude that teamed up with Luke Cage.

Wasn’t that storyline related to a prison break…the 90s…anywho, Frankencastle would be cool.