Omega Red is the next 3 star/5 star

Options
Venomous
Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler

Yes. I now I posted about this in two other threads already but thought it seriously deserved it's own. Omega Red is a character I know so many people have wanted since the start of the game basically. The 10 new variant covers were altered to celebrate the release of 4 star Silver Samurai and 3 star/5 star Omega Red. And there is a fairly good chance Silver Samurai will feed Omega Red too.

Comments

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

Reported as spam

• Venomous
    Options

Why though? I said it 3 times and I know it's right. Plus wouldn't this be something to get excited about?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

Because you have no proof?

• Venomous
    edited July 2023
    Options

I do have proof. It's the variant covers. The variant covers they've altered for PQ are the prove. I went to each of the new comic covers they did and looked into who appears in those covers. Omega Red and Silver Samurai are the common thread in all of them. I listed my proof in the variant cover discussion thread already.

I know it's right because they chose Daredevil's cover because it was Silver Samurai's first appearance. Psylocke's cover is Omega Red's first appearance. It's the precise reason they chose that comic for her.

The comic variants they swapped out are the hints leading to this. The covers and their reason was a puzzle to solve as the patch notes exclaimed.

The proof is the comic covers.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 706 Critical Contributor
    Options

It's an interesting theory but us veterans have come to the conclusion that guessing who is coming can be impossible. I think it was 5 star doc ock (?) that was so ridiculously complicated not even someone from mensa could of come up with it.

• Venomous
    Options

I am certain it's right though. It is the common thread between all the comic covers they've decided to do.

Elektra, Apocalypse, Kitty Pryde, Spider Woman, Daredevil, Black Widow all feature Silver Samurai. Daredevil's is Silver Samurai's first appearance.

Sabretooth, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Psylocke all feature Omega Red. Psylocke's is Omega Red's first appearance.

This is what I posted in the "Comic Cover" discussion. The hint for 4 star this time was obvious and the several Silver Samurai covers that got switched out for him confirmed it.

6 of the covers have Silver Samurai in them. The other 4 are Omega Red. He is the main villain in Luke Cage comic for example. And if it wasn't Omega Red, why would they choose the exact cover that Omega Red debuted in as their cover for Psylocke? They already did Silver Samurai's cover on Daredevil. This isn't even a guess anymore. It's following the clues they left out.

• Venomous
    Options

And I don't know how long I've been playing, but I have been playing since whenever Ghost Rider got added whenever that was. So I am pretty sure I'm a veteran too here.

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

@Venomous said:
    I am certain it's right though. It is the common thread between all the comic covers they've decided to do.

Elektra, Apocalypse, Kitty Pryde, Spider Woman, Daredevil, Black Widow all feature Silver Samurai. Daredevil's is Silver Samurai's first appearance.

Sabretooth, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Psylocke all feature Omega Red. Psylocke's is Omega Red's first appearance.

This is what I posted in the "Comic Cover" discussion. The hint for 4 star this time was obvious and the several Silver Samurai covers that got switched out for him confirmed it.

6 of the covers have Silver Samurai in them. The other 4 are Omega Red. He is the main villain in Luke Cage comic for example. And if it wasn't Omega Red, why would they choose the exact cover that Omega Red debuted in as their cover for Psylocke? They already did Silver Samurai's cover on Daredevil. This isn't even a guess anymore. It's following the clues they left out.

It's not the omega red we knows first appearance in psylockes cover though. There is three omegas that appear in that issue from what I remember so it doesn't have to technically be omega red

• Venomous
    Options

@MultipleMan98 said:

@Venomous said:

It's not the omega red we knows first appearance in psylockes cover though. There is three omegas that appear in that issue from what I remember so it doesn't have to technically be omega red

Sure, then what about the other 3 comics I cited that include Omega Red and just Omega Red? Luke Cage he is a major antagonist. Sabretooth he is an ally in that run. And in Wolverine he's also a major antagonist. He is in all 3 comics. They could've chosen any of the comics out there to replace them. Why happen to choose the exact 3 that Omega Red happened to be in?

I get people are scared I'm wrong and there is a change it isn't him. But this isn't just a wild guess off a hint that makes no sense. They left these variants so we'd follow them and follow it to the solution. It is undeniably Omega Red.

• MultipleMan98
    Options

@MultipleMan98 said:

@Venomous said:

I'm not saying your wrong by an means it's jus that Omega Red first appeared in the 90s and Psylockes cover is from an (incredible) run in the 10s

• Venomous
    Options

@MultipleMan98 said:

@MultipleMan98 said:

@Venomous said:

I'm not saying your wrong by an means it's jus that Omega Red first appeared in the 90s and Psylockes cover is from an (incredible) run in the 10s

I didn't know that. I actually thought that was his first run. It said on the fandom page as I was looking into it that it was his first appearance. But he is still in it. And my point still remains valid.

• AnkhWarrior
    AnkhWarrior Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

Considering 5 of the variant comics released this wave are themed around Silver Samurai (the next playable character) and the other 5 are themed around Omega Red, good chance the two are coming together. Or at least, Omega Red a bit after Silver Samurai.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Venomous said:

@MultipleMan98 said:

@MultipleMan98 said:

@Venomous said:

I didn't know that. I actually thought that was his first run. It said on the fandom page as I was looking into it that it was his first appearance. But he is still in it. And my point still remains valid.

Omega Red debuted in X-Men #4

• Venomous
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Venomous said:

@MultipleMan98 said:

@MultipleMan98 said:

@Venomous said:

Thank you for letting me know. I was surprised to see how recent he was. Him being older makes more sense.

• AnkhWarrior
    AnkhWarrior Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Venomous said:

@MultipleMan98 said:

@MultipleMan98 said:

@Venomous said:

From what I've read, he debuted in X-Men #4, but was revived in that Psylocke issue. So...guess that's why they decided to use that one?

• MultipleMan98
    Options

@AnkhWarrior said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Venomous said:

@MultipleMan98 said:

@MultipleMan98 said:

@Venomous said:

From what I've read, he debuted in X-Men #4, but was revived in that Psylocke issue. So...guess that's why they decided to use that one?

It's another character named omega red that debuted in this issue alongside omega black and white (I think) and they were called the omega clan. So the fandom isn't wrong technically, but it's not the omega red we all know and love

• Venomous
    Options

Then maybe that's the solution to the 3 Star/5 Star. Omega Clan 3 star and Omega Red 5 star. I suspected they'd do Modern and Classic anyway so it makes sense.

• TFrame
    TFrame Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2023
    Options

Omega Red stinks. Boring character with zero personality or back story of interest. Boring and ridiculous power set (where do those coils even go when they retract? What even is a death spore?). Lazy 90s character design. He's never been in a decent story arch. Even got himself beat up by the Generation X kids. I'm sure he's coming at some point but I can easily think of 100 mutants who I'd rather see in this game. Oh, and he's also a serial child predator.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It is an interesting theory, but it's not proof I'm afraid @Venomous!

In previous Q&As previously have said that Omega Red is not on the plan for 2023 so I'm expecting that to be true. It links with the Fan Favourite theme also as he is a fan favorite (though clearly not to everyone!) and seeing him on covers might be nice to some people.

Also delighted with the 3 Omegas as - one of my favourite childhood films. 😉

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They were never clear about it, but there was some nebulous "reason" why they couldn't do Omega Red, and they talked about that recently. It sounded like a "Marvel said nope" kind of reason, but who knows.