Options
2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Phumade said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    I also always thought that the sale values for champed characters were not very fair. Why should a champed character depreciate in iso value? This isn't a second hand car. I can assure you my Quicksilver is still super fast, guv'nor despite his beer gut!

What do you mean? Selling a fullying champed character will always be a net positive in iso and hp compared to iso and hp required to level that character.

The comparison is:
    Bucket 1: Add up all the prog rewards and final sale rewards vs.
    Bucket 2: Selling covers as you win/earn them.

Whether or not there is wisdom in keeping a 3rd copy for possible retro rewards is a different discussion. But in general the best economic min max option for your roster is always keep 1 maxed version for competitive play and flip the second copy when complete.

I mean I am greedy. I want more!

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 281 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Phumade said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    I also always thought that the sale values for champed characters were not very fair. Why should a champed character depreciate in iso value? This isn't a second hand car. I can assure you my Quicksilver is still super fast, guv'nor despite his beer gut!

What do you mean? Selling a fullying champed character will always be a net positive in iso and hp compared to iso and hp required to level that character.

The comparison is:
    Bucket 1: Add up all the prog rewards and final sale rewards vs.
    Bucket 2: Selling covers as you win/earn them.

Whether or not there is wisdom in keeping a 3rd copy for possible retro rewards is a different discussion. But in general the best economic min max option for your roster is always keep 1 maxed version for competitive play and flip the second copy when complete.

You can also look at it as the Iso cost at the moment you sell the max champ char. And that is Iso negative.

For example, I have a lot of 3* max champs and their dupes. To sell the max and champ the new one costs me Iso. I don’t want to spend Iso on 3 stars because I have so many 4 stars to still champ. That has priority.

I would LOVE it if selling a 3 star and rechamping one was Iso neutral at the least. I’d dupe champ them so much faster. I did the math, and it takes 55 saved covers for it to be Iso neutral. So I’m currently waiting for that for each 3 star, just because champing 4s is more important to me.

TLDR: when you’re Iso starved, all the other champ rewards (Bucket 1) are sometimes less valuable than the cost of rechamping.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,744 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I asked the Devs a few Q&A ago about the disproportionate champing costs for 4s and was told "In game economy improvements" were in the works. I don't know whether the increase in iso you get by buying is the total fix there but with the amount of 4s we have now bringing down champing costs would be a no brainer.

And this is why I've stopped champing 4*. Even the new ones. The four star cost has always been ridiculous since 5* came out. Fair play to anyone that continues to climb that wall as a newer player than me, I'd have stopped as soon as I did the maths of 100 four stars x 350k.

If they reduce the cost I'm golden, if they don't I won't champ them unless I need the feeder cover or they have 50 covers saved.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options

The upside to champing 4* is, you're free from spending iso on that character for a long time. I've played over 6 and a half years and I only have 3 max champed 4*.
    I just did the math on leveling/champing my remaining 4* and 5* and it's 3.3 million. And believe it or not, after years in iso debt, I actually have enough to level all of them.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options

At one point I had 10 million Iso banked, through a plan called "Only Spending Iso When Needed". Then I champed like 30 4* to start getting the rewards. Now I have a 2* and 3* farm up and running, almost every 4* champed, and 35 5* champed with 3 more ready to be champed. But all the remaining 5* are nowhere ready to be champed, but at some point will need Iso. I currently bring enough to champ a 4* and a 5* a month and keep up to date on 2* farm, or re farm some 3* and champ with what's left over. So I'm almost at the point I can stay even. But not pulling ahead.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,744 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Dogface said:
    The upside to champing 4* is, you're free from spending iso on that character for a long time. I've played over 6 and a half years and I only have 3 max champed 4*.
    I just did the math on leveling/champing my remaining 4* and 5* and it's 3.3 million. And believe it or not, after years in iso debt, I actually have enough to level all of them.

Yep I remember that point. Thought I was there. I bonus hero the 4* up until 350 and go to the next one down. Then I figure a slow build to take that 350 to 370 before I had to worry about dupes. I didn’t think that would ever be a concern how I play.

Right now I’m at 33 dupes. Most of which I haven’t champed. I have about 9 million required for the 5* I have unchamped. My point is you think you’re there, then dupe 4* come along and that’s a huge huge hole to fill again. It’s also comes along quickly with how the shards and covers economy has been loosened up.

I won’t consider myself post iso until I have the 2nd four star champed and can sell to fund the next dupe.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Building out my dupe 4* farm took like 6 months of crazy iso grinding. It's a massive, massive expense. I was post-iso, then suddenly just... wasn't.

It is worth it though, the champion rewards are great and you set yourself up for big payoffs from feeders.