ISO8 shortage…how?

Options
RTA3000
RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
edited July 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Title says most of it but anyway, I’ve been playing for nearly 7 years and iso 8 is something I have always had soooo much of. I’m not a big spender, I buy vip occasionally as well as cheap, offers but reall it’s only about £12 a month if we’re including the cheeky buys. Never entered a buy club. I have all characters rostered and champed , have a whole load of dupes, have all 5 champed apart from venomsaurus and Gwenom and have a ridiculous amount of iso I would love to give a way!! How are people short?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

4* dupes.
    Also, not everyone started 7 years ago.

• RTA3000
    edited July 2023
    Options

Even when i started and throughout, iso has never been the problem. HP and CP yes, I can’t dupe more than one character on the 3roster so have to sell off and wait, it’s fine. Just didn’t get the hostility towards the devs about being stingy on iso that’s all. Also have no 4 dupes because of HP not iso, don’t get your point there?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@RTA3000 said:
    Title says most of it but anyway, I’ve been playing for nearly 7 years and iso 8 is something I have always had soooo much of. I’m not a big spender, I buy vip occasionally as well as cheap, offers but reall it’s only about £12 a month if we’re including the cheeky buys. Never entered a buy club. I have all characters rostered and champed , have a whole load of dupes, have all 5 champed apart from venomsaurus and Gwenom and have a ridiculous amount of iso I would love to give a way!! How are people short?

I've been playing on-and-off for nearly 10-years. No matter what I do, I was always needing Iso. As I see in the responses above, there's no answer for you. All I can say is, I have many 4's that still need to be champed and I still haven't had enough Iso to comfortably champ most of my 5's, sooo congrats on your Iso surplus I guess :)

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I finally was starting to build it up. Got several million. But then the new devs were generous with retro rewards and I suddenly had a bunch of 5 stars i could champ. Then I started getting duplicate 4 stars i could champ.

Went from millions in iso to needing millions more.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I’ve been playing for almost 2 years. 7 > 2. That’s your answer.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's pretty simple -- over the years they've gotten ridiculously generous with covers (seriously, when I started covers above 2* were impossible to get), but haven't increased iso gain at the same rate.

I'm not sure if this is a bad thing. They have to keep it so that building your roster out is a marathon (because otherwise you'll get to the endgame really fast and realize there's nothing there), and it probably feels better from a player's perspective to be iso-constrained rather than cover-constrained.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options

I'm in the spot where I have a lot, have spent a lot more lately, and still have a ton. Is part of it maybe trying to roster every single character? Or maybe frequency of playing. Those who play more actively would get more covers and need to upgrade more often. But they'd also get more resources in return? Honestly I think it's really tough to narrow down the reason.

My best guess is from rebuilding 2 stars or 3 stars over and over again. I have only recently begun doing that to my 2 stars and I have noticed a bit of a difference in my Iso since then.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    I finally was starting to build it up. Got several million. But then the new devs were generous with retro rewards and I suddenly had a bunch of 5 stars i could champ. Then I started getting duplicate 4 stars i could champ.

Went from millions in iso to needing millions more.

The retro rewards got me too but gradually I am getting back to being Iso neutral. The releasing of a 3 star with a 5 star doesn't help.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don’t even have a 3* farm, I just flip them. I am still processing my 4* dupes, no idea how many years that might take, and I have all 5s but Gwenom and Venom T-Rex champed. After more than six years the deficit doesn’t even have a foreseeable end. Maybe my play style just isn’t conducive to ISO generation, but it’s a little bit annoying to be running around like a peasant with a few coins this deep into the game honestly.

I don’t think we need to be flooded with ISO, but opportunity to not be on a constant grind for it would be much appreciated.

• RTA3000
    Options

Thanks for the comments guys, I didn’t mean this as some kind of ‘troll thread’ I just wanted to hear what is happening in other people’s games :)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have been playing 7+ years but as it stands today I have 5* Black Panther waiting to be champed but not enough iso to do it. My iso situation has generally improved - I was able to champ four 5* last week and have all 4* champed bar Moondragon but I don't have a surplus nor are all of my 5s at the highest level they can be although the amount at 255 has been growing smaller. On the flip side I have no issues with HP and CP has become increasingly easier to hoard.

• bigjojo04
    Options

I haven’t been playing as long as a lot of people here so i can’t say how easy it was to earn covers in years past but now being on SCL10 when the new 4’s come out I usually have them champable within a week or two but getting 370k+ iso to champ them is infinitely more difficult.

Currently I have 48 4’s ready to be champed, some with 10+ saved covers too even. I never used to hoard either until I got to SCL10 and now when I have my pull sessions that usually increases the number of 4’s I have that can be champed or need iso to level up.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I asked the Devs a few Q&A ago about the disproportionate champing costs for 4s and was told "In game economy improvements" were in the works. I don't know whether the increase in iso you get by buying is the total fix there but with the amount of 4s we have now bringing down champing costs would be a no brainer.

• bigjojo04
    Options

I don’t so much have a problem with how much it costs to get them there since i look at getting them champed as like an endgame goal almost so it should be significant with how much you need to get them there. I just wish the iso you earned daily could get increased either by pumping up the numbers we already get or introducing new ways to earn that extra iso to help you along the way.

As it is now, i figure it’ll take quite sometime to cut down that number of champables I have but I’m fine with it. It makes it feel all the more rewarding when i do get them there.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm not sure how much ISO it costs to champ a 5* but 3s are 126k, 4s are 350k? 5s maybe 650k? So if broadly correct, you need to earn 1.12m Iso per month on average to stay still.

So if I get 1.24m, it'll take me 10 months to catch up a missed month. Prior to monthly 3* releases, that would have been 5 months (assuming 4/5/4/5 - can't remember the previous release cycle).

Of course, if you don't pull enough covers to champ the 5* in-month, or decide not to level them, you can champ the 3 star and three 4 star. This gets you faster access to champ rewards, increasing overall Iso incomings. It could mean you spend longer playing the game (a boosted champ 5* will take less time to compete the CL10 nodes than a boosted lvl 255) but then it's a choice.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I also always thought that the sale values for champed characters were not very fair. Why should a champed character depreciate in iso value? This isn't a second hand car. I can assure you my Quicksilver is still super fast, guv'nor despite his beer gut!

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2023
    Options

I really don't understand how you can't understand how people are short on it. You had > @Scofie said:

I'm not sure how much ISO it costs to champ a 5* but 3s are 126k, 4s are 350k? 5s maybe 650k? So if broadly correct, you need to earn 1.12m Iso per month on average to stay still.

It's 365k to level + 12,5k to champ a 4 star and 550k to level + 20k to champ a 5 star. And for reference 3 star takes about 120k to level. I think they should decrease 5 star costs to the current 4 star and move the 4 stars to take ~250k to level and champ. That would be a much smoother transitions.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I use to have millions of ISO before I was finally able to fully cover a handful of classic 5 stars.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I also always thought that the sale values for champed characters were not very fair. Why should a champed character depreciate in iso value? This isn't a second hand car. I can assure you my Quicksilver is still super fast, guv'nor despite his beer gut!

What do you mean? Selling a fullying champed character will always be a net positive in iso and hp compared to iso and hp required to level that character.

The comparison is:
    Bucket 1: Add up all the prog rewards and final sale rewards vs.
    Bucket 2: Selling covers as you win/earn them.

Whether or not there is wisdom in keeping a 3rd copy for possible retro rewards is a different discussion. But in general the best economic min max option for your roster is always keep 1 maxed version for competitive play and flip the second copy when complete.