No q&a or July update

ThisisClemFandango
ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor

I can only speak for myself just how shocked I am.......you know what, I can't do it. Communication has completely died. There's nothing on discord from any of the bcs team and this place is also tumbleweeds.
I know one or 2 of us asked if communication could be improved a couple of times and was told it would be worked on.
I don't see the point of having an official forum when they can't be bothered to even drop by and let us know if there's a delay, reason for delay etc.
Anyway rant over.

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango

@captainheath said:
    When we had big gaps of communication in the past it was usually followed by big changes. Since they have indicated big changes in supports, economy, and QOL, my guess is at least some of it is coming soon.

I like your optimism dude, let's hope this is the case

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@captainheath said:
    When we had big gaps of communication in the past it was usually followed by big changes. Since they have indicated big changes in supports, economy, and QOL, my guess is at least some of it is coming soon.

Sure.
    I'm certain the community managers are hard at work, coding those changes.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@captainheath said:

Sure.
    I'm certain the community managers are hard at work, coding those changes.

I mean the forum is managed by 505, no? Some of the questions are on the coding side but others are on the publishing side - I guess nobody has spoken to each other this week.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

I suspect that quite a few of them have taken the week off. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the updates appearing next week.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

I gave the team a bit of a nudge after the Independence Day break and was told they'd be out soon.

My personal thought is that there is a bit of a bottleneck somewhere for whatever reason. I'm pretty sure that there isn't an intention to stop communicating, and @MPQBlaine has been drafted in recently to provide some extra support which would back that up.

I don't disagree that it's not great to be in the 2nd week before the month preview comes up but I'm sure that this is about capacity, not will and there is no doubt a good reason - that isn't limited to this forum as others have mentioned.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm not sure why, after a year, we still should give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to communication.
    Maybe there's a reason, maybe there isn't.
    Thing is, communication drops off a cliff way more often than it should.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

We still haven't gotten a post about the changes to Fury and Talos (did they change anybody else with that update? Anybody check all the characters?)

• ThisisClemFandango

I was expecting at least one snarky response, good to see I'm not the only one who feels they've disengaged not just this forum, but communication in general.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 172 Tile Toppler

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    I was expecting at least one snarky response, good to see I'm not the only one who feels they've disengaged not just this forum, but communication in general.

Last comment from Devpool on the discord channel was back in April...

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 128 Tile Toppler

@LavaManLee said:
    If the lack of communication solely existed during this US holiday week, that would be one thing. But that is not the case. It is not just this holiday week. Communication fell off a cliff towards the end of last year and has not gotten better.

They started very, very well when the first took over with communication but (again, for whatever reason) there is a choice to not communicate like they used to when they first arrived.

Is it going to stop me from playing? Nope. But I personally wish that we went back to communication the way it was when they first took over MPQ.

I guess the honeymoon period is over.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker

It’s not only the communication either.

They’ve also stepped away from some prior consistency that many players came to expect and planned around. For example, we’ve had several 5star classic Essentials not giving out progression shards when they were supposed to, skipped several new 4stars in the reward structure, had several days without a single PvE, and are making character and game changes without documenting them.

If the game was running on a consistent schedule like before, the lack of communication would have been less of a problem. But pair it with the schedule inconsistency and repeated bugs and it becomes frustrating.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

Need them we do.

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

I wonder if whatever auto scheduler code they have in place finally shat the bed so hard that they don't know the upcoming releases completely. It is a decade old, after all. Either way, I'll stay optimistic and assume they feel behind on public outreach in preparation of a big future rollout.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

Maybe chasm rework drained the dev of all ap now they cannot fire their monthly q&a response, rebalance explanation and schedule...

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023

@bladewing said:

I guess the honeymoon period is over.

Over months ago for me. I prefer the last lot by a mile. They are better at compensating mess ups other than that it feels like a backwards step. I don’t care about the communication, I don’t need threads to explain reworks to characters. I don’t need to communicate with devs on any other games I play, unless well the game is performing terribly.

They are covering up awful performance with generous rewards and loosening of the game economy regardless of detriment to the game.

Not good enough, I don’t need them to talk to me about it. I want them to fix the endless stream of broken things before releasing more broken things. If they can’t do that I want them gone and bring someone in who can before they run a game I love into the ground.