New comic covers. What’s the occasion?

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Pretty sure a playable Gorgon would be one of the worst 4* in the game, these days.

• AnkhWarrior
    AnkhWarrior Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

Looking into it, yeah.

Next 4-star is undeniably Silver Samurai. It fits the quote, and many of the variant comics are of him. The few that aren't him are Omega Red, either covers featuring him or are of issues significant to him.

Its undeniably gonna be these two. Silver Samurai 4-star, Omega Red 3/5-star. Which is gonna be exciting!

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@AnkhWarrior said:
    Looking into it, yeah.

Next 4-star is undeniably Silver Samurai. It fits the quote, and many of the variant comics are of him. The few that aren't him are Omega Red, either covers featuring him or are of issues significant to him.

Its undeniably gonna be these two. Silver Samurai 4-star, Omega Red 3/5-star. Which is gonna be exciting!

There seem to be a lot of x-force covers too. Was omega red ever part of x- force? 5 star classic and 3 star x-force?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is that Luke Cage cover an intentional homage to Frank Miller or did the artist just spill some yellow paint?

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Where are you people seeing these variant covers, just randomly opening covers and noticing? Also, as much as I love silver samurai and don't want him to be a 4*, he's definitely second choice for 5 if omega red is up in the air lol.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    Where are you people seeing these variant covers, just randomly opening covers and noticing? Also, as much as I love silver samurai and don't want him to be a 4*, he's definitely second choice for 5 if omega red is up in the air lol.

Well I just opened up my roster and scrolled - I can pick out new covers fairly quickly. 🙂

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm sorry to inform y'all that you're overthinking this.

I heard that MPQ lost the license on some comic cover images. Rather than spend the money to renew it, they got some bargain bin covers to replace them.

However, if you want the old covers back, they are negotiating with Disney to allow us to buy covers for characters, like costumes.

I'm excited to see what happens. As of now, this is a rumor and completely made up by me.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

I heard that MPQ lost the license on some comic cover images. Rather than spend the money to renew it, they got some bargain bin covers to replace them.

However, if you want the old covers back, they are negotiating with Disney to allow us to buy covers for characters, like costumes.

I'm excited to see what happens. As of now, this is a rumor and completely made up by me.

They've issued them all as NFTs so only one person can use them at a time. I've heard they're working on a way to allow them to be shared within Alliances but I've just joined a buy-club with Mega Kevin Bacon to get all the symbiote covers in existence for 18 Zargles and an out of date bag of peanuts. That way I can sell on Symbiote Big Bertha when she's released last August.

• DAZ0273
    edited July 2023
    Options

Kitty & Apoc are amongst my highest 5s so I spotted the new covers straight away when going to my roster and then the thread here filled things out.

With all this Omega Red talk I think it might be time again to remind everybody of that occasion when Rogue smacked him upside his head with a bear. 😎😎😎😎

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

Why don't they just ask us to draw the covers and save some money? I can spill paint in a nearly makes a superhero shape way. Same way they ask us to beta test the game and find the bugs!*

*That was extra mean for a Sunday, sorry Devs.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:

Check a discussion here called "New comic covers". They've listed all the characters that got swapped out with new ones.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Kitty & Apoc are amongst my highest 5s so I spotted the new covers straight away when going to my roster and then the thread here filled things out.

With all this Omega Red talk I think it might be time again to remind everybody of that occasion when Rogue smacked him upside his head with a bear. 😎😎😎😎

Thank you google, I never knew I needed this image....

• System
    System Posts: 1,026 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: New Character - ***** Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) *****.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mod note: Merged an off-topic discussion regarding the change in comic covers from the Venomsaurus Rex thread. As a result, there is some slight incoherence with the thread discussion but hopefully nothing too confusing. Please try to keep discussions on topic. Thank you.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,744 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It’s to increase the cache size of stored covers. If I was them I would rotate them constantly.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Sniff, Sniff It's so beautiful. <3<3

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,330 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

That's not just a bear right? Is that Ursa Major?

• DAZ0273
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

It is indeed Ursa Major.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,330 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

It is indeed Ursa Major.

okay cool. I think I'd be a bit sad if Rogue just grabbed a random bear and hit someone with it

• DAZ0273
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

It is indeed Ursa Major.

okay cool. I think I'd be a bit sad if Rogue just grabbed a random bear and hit someone with it

It doesn't bear thinking about.