New comic covers. What’s the occasion?

atomzed
atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

I noticed that some comic covers have been changed for some characters. I was aware of the Secret Invasion tied up, but the new changed covers doesn’t seem to be connected to Secret Invasion.

Some of the new covers include:-
2* Wolverine
5* Apocalypse
5* Kitty
3* Daredevil
4* Sabertooth
4* Spiderwoman
3* Psylocke

I can’t seem to find a common thread. The only thing I can tell is that Silver Samurai is in a few of the covers. Probably is that a hint of the new release?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Imagine getting timely communication from the devs.

• MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker

Fan favorites maybe?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Spiderwoman is a fan favourite?!?!?!!

• Shamsali75
    Shamsali75 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In

All represent sword or samurai i think for silver samurai

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023

4* Luke Cage too. This all feels very Samurai. Poor old Black Knight never got all this razzamataz.

Although somebody is gonna see that 2* Wolverine cover and have an orgasm from a 2 + 2 = 10 assumption...

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

@atomzed said:
    I noticed that some comic covers have been changed for some characters. I was aware of the Secret Invasion tied up, but the new changed covers doesn’t seem to be connected to Secret Invasion.

Some of the new covers include:-
    2* Wolverine
    5* Apocalypse
    5* Kitty
    3* Daredevil
    4* Sabertooth
    4* Spiderwoman
    3* Psylocke

I can’t seem to find a common thread. The only thing I can tell is that Silver Samurai is in a few of the covers. Probably is that a hint of the new release?

4* Elektra and 1* Black Widow too along with 4* Luke Cage as @DAZ0273 mentions.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

I do love it when the covers change. Sometimes it's the small things. Hopefully we can get selectable covers like costumes at some point soon (think it was in the Q&A a few months ago)!

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 62 Match Maker

Has anyone played with any of the characters to see if there's a daily reward?

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

I been using 5* apoc in pve. No tokens.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

I got a MBW cover from doing a versus match this morning for the dailies and clicked thru it quickly but noticed a weird cover and was taken aback before noticing that it was a new one for her. I really enjoy the older covers from volume 1 of the comics. A lot more classic than some of the newer ones they got on here.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

The Spider-Woman, Daredevil and Black Widow covers all feature Silver Samurai.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler

@atomzed said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Although somebody is gonna see that 2* Wolverine cover and have an orgasm from a 2 + 2 = 10 assumption...

Ooh I know… the 2* cover shows a few characters in the reflection of his claws.

Elektra and Sabertooth are already in the game.

Only Omega Red is not in the Game.

So this means that Omega Red will be in the game Soon!

2* Omega Red confirmed!

Not sure if you are joking about the Elektra part.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

In addition to silver samarui, the new covers feature characters wielding a blade. Thats why I suspect those covers were chosen. Wolverine and sabretooth literally have blades in their bodies.

KGB

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah I mentioned it could be a "celebration of the blades" thing, whatever that means.

• Venomous
    edited July 2023

Here is where I come back to say I told you so! Next 5 star is going to be Omega Red. Venom-Rex shares the Latest Legends with 5 star Omega Red.

• Venomous
    edited July 2023

Okay!!!! Very very exciting news.

I noticed the pattern in the comic covers. It's Silver Samurai.

But there are several covers such as the Luke Cage and Wolverine covers that have nothing to do with Silver Samurai.

The main villain of the Luke Cage comic is Omega Red. And Wolverine's cover is Omega Red.

We're getting 4 star Silver Samurai. And then 3 star/5 star Omega Red.

Half the variants are for Samurai, other half are for Omega Red.

We're getting Omega Red!

Elektra, Apocalypse, Kitty Pryde, Spider Woman, Daredevil, Black Widow all feature Silver Samurai. Daredevil's is Silver Samurai's first appearance.

Sabretooth, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Psylocke all feature Omega Red. Psylocke's is Omega Red's first appearance. ( He was made in 2010. Who knew?)

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

Better edit that out dude

• Venomous

@killahKlown said:
    Better edit that out dude

Edited it some. And they already hinted it. Said over in the "Variant Covers". The new comic covers were changed to celebrate the release of Silver Samurai and Omega Red. Not quite spoilers. More figured out the answer to the puzzle.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023

@Bowgentle said:
    Yeah I mentioned it could be a "celebration of the blades" thing, whatever that means.

There was the X of Swords event in 2020 and most of the Swordbearers of Krakoa in that series are already in the game: Magik, Wolverine, Storm, Cable and Apocalypse.
    A few aren't in the game yet: Cypher, Captain Britain and Captain Avalon.
    And finally there's Gorgon, so perhaps he's becoming playable (does anybody want this?)

But that's probably too deep of a dive, so it'll be Silver Samurai as the new character!