Lightning deals

Options
Domitronas
Domitronas Posts: 121 Tile Toppler

Credit where credit is due, these have been amazing so far. We had 10 mighty tokens for 1.59€ and now 100 5* shards for 100 HP? Instant buys from me.

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,223 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yep, have got both so far.

Debating whether to add 100 Shards for Gwenom (nowhere near another cover) or a champ level for Colossus to get 250HP for 100HP. Or Chasm to get 25CP instead in advance of his buff.... 😈

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ohhh...nice, will jump on these.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

For 100HP I can live with Hit Monkey team up not working.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Options

Instant buys from me too... can we have more of these, please?

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Scofie said:
    Yep, have got both so far.

Debating whether to add 100 Shards for Gwenom (nowhere near another cover) or a champ level for Colossus to get 250HP for 100HP. Or Chasm to get 25CP instead in advance of his buff.... 😈

funny, cause i used this deal to get gwenom shards, used to be 3/5/4, now she's champable, meaning i now have all 5 stars champed!

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hopefully we get one to buy Iso with HP.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@NMANOZ1 said:

Why would any sane player ever want to do that?
    You'll ALWAYS need roster slots.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I’ll gladly shell out 100HP for say 50k iso, considering I’m 20mil in iso debt at the moment.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Post ISO feels like a myth to me.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Just keep playing.

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Hopefully we can buy ISO HP with ISO HP....

Side eyes my 10M+ stash.

• Scofie
    Options

@jp1 said:
    Post ISO feels like a myth to me.

I felt like that for a long time too. Its weird because I got to a point where most things were champed and I'd start to build up some whilst waiting for the 4 or 5* covers. And then was the phase when I'd get one and have a little Iso left over. When you have all or most 4s covered, you earn more Iso than you get covers requiring Iso. Or it did - the increased amount of 5 covers means the treadmill is faster early on and the extra release per month is an extra 126k per month.

It took me around 7.5 years, and I get around 150k surplus Iso per month on average now everything is champed except Gwenom and V-Rex and I've built up around 8m.

I pulled every Token as I got it, Classics the moment I hit 20CP and occasionally sold things as a last resort (before saved covers) but my roster grew with the game so I was rarely playing "catch-up" and the release schedule was at lower tiers and slower so it was easier to maintain the pace.

I'm starting to get 4* dupes up to champ levels now so that will dent the reserve but I'm allowing those to grow organically and only putting Iso in when fully covered.

It'd be cool to get some modelling and stats on rewards and expenditure throughout the lifetime of the game and see what sort of timescale Iso positive would be for new players at various levels of spending.

• Scofie
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    There's really no reason to speedrun this game.

There's no magic extra mode that opens up once you max out all your guys, or when you level up all your guys, or even when you roster all the guys. It's just more of the same MPQ treadmill. If you don't enjoy the treadmill now, you won't enjoy it when you get to post-iso (or whatever other benchmark you're looking at).

I agree. Since I champed everyone I'm now looking at what else there is. I can try to 550 everyone but then I try to work out how long that will take and wonder if I'll achieve that before either I or the game retire.

• Bowgentle
    edited July 2023
    Options

Set more realistic goals.
    Get the good ones to 500, then see what new meta emerges.
    It's what I'm doing right now.

Everyone to 550 will take you a lifetime AND a lot of spending.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,153 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Set realistic, short-term goals, and longer-term ones too! But realize that the game really isn't going to change when you meet your goals. There's no reason to rush, because the game has no ending.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@NMANOZ1 said:

Why would any sane player ever want to do that?
    You'll ALWAYS need roster slots.

I have not had a shortage of roster slots for probably the last 7 years.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah, roster slots were never the problem. Iso was. That is, enough iso to level all characters to the highest level at that moment. Luckily, there are enough characters you can wait to level, bc you probably won't use them much. My 5* Wasp has 12 covers, but is still only at lvl 300 ( I like round numbers :) ).

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,153 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There is always going to be a limiting factor.

If everyone just immediately maxed out their entire roster, nobody would play this game. They have to keep you chasing, to keep looking forward to whatever milestone is going to make the game much better/easier for you.

It has to be a marathon to distract you from the fact that you're playing the same fights over and over and over -- see, you're only doing all that drudgery to earn resources so you can grow your roster!

So, what would you prefer the limiting factor to be? If iso was plentiful, covers would be really hard to get.

• Scofie
    Options

This is a great point. HP was my limiting factor for years because I was FTP and there weren't all the deals there are now (or saved covers). But at the same time, for years I used to buy the HT daily, every day. Even now, I buy every daily vault token to get a shot at the LT rather than hoarding.

But that triggered another thought: how much Iso is there sat in your hoard? From direct Iso in Taco vaults, to champ rewards from covers? Assume each ST is worth a minimum 100, average Elite 250, average HT is 350, Tacos are about 500ish etc. Hoarding had definite advantages, but it does hinder Iso gathering.