Hilarious DDQ CotT

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

Prof X against two characters who spams protects and shadow steps. Have already lost six times. Why oh why set up such an impossible fight?

Comments

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler

I did both first turn. Go invisible and stay invisible. I managed to get a couple of match 5s against Magneto and that finished him quickly.

• qandols
    edited June 2023

I actually downed Electra by using her own strikes against her. Magneto is another problem. I have yet to get match 5:s to kill him and he can kill you even when invisible. Also the protect tile spamming makes it even harder. Glad you had luck with match 5.

• qandols

Got Magneto too. Deny yellow, had luck with invisibility and a match 5. Goody.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Magneto is a really terrible match up.
    You basically have to get a match 5 to win that.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards

Elektra was quick as I got a match 5 I could make on the board before even starting. Magneto took a long time. I didn't win with a match 5 (board didn't give me one) and instead just paper-cut him to death. Tried to stay invisible the whole time and prioritize purple and then yellow.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

Yea i was a little worried as mine was only level 147 but with AP boosts and a damage boost was able to defeat both with only 1 loss on my part. Magneto tried delaying things by putting out his stupid protects twice but luckily I was able to match them all away both times and took him out on the first try. Elektra shadow stepped me the first time and took me out of invisibility so that was annoying but thankfully that only happened once.

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 132 Tile Toppler

Always worth adding a support for CoTT. Taskmasters sword should work for Elektra. Chewie will work for both fights.

• Bowgentle

@JimboJambo said:
    Always worth adding a support for CoTT. Taskmasters sword should work for Elektra. Chewie will work for both fights.

I knew I forgot something.
    Yeah that would have been really helpful.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

I was able to take both by going invisible and just plugging away, but my X is 370 and I have a 3* Destroyer Gun equipped (for the purpose of making purple his strongest color for Nightcrawler combos forever ago) that will fortify a special tile randomly, which helps his invis tiles stay on the board a bit longer. How is magneto harming you guys while invisible? is Red an AOE? the description isn't clear.

• Bowgentle

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I was able to take both by going invisible and just plugging away, but my X is 370 and I have a 3* Destroyer Gun equipped (for the purpose of making purple his strongest color for Nightcrawler combos forever ago) that will fortify a special tile randomly, which helps his invis tiles stay on the board a bit longer. How is magneto harming you guys while invisible? is Red an AOE? the description isn't clear.

By putting a gazillion protect tiles on the board, eventually matching away my invis tile, while taking 1 match damage.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Ah. Yeah in my match he got yellow out one time but I was able to clear it before it became an issue.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Magneto was tedious grind but with Elektra I lucked into a Match 5 that cascaded into a Match 5 and so was done. Even so it is time to remove Prof X from one v one or give him a damage on his purple.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2023

use a support that generates an offensive SAP, then when you go invis every match will just escalate the damage. at 370, it strengthens 4 friendly specials by 489 each for every match you make. I realize your mileage will vary based on your PX level though.

RTF can make a strike every turn (rng willing) at 1*, Lockheed can make a random SAP at 1*, Quinnjet can make a strike if you match his strongest color at 1*, Chewie can make an attack tile at 1*, Elemental Guns can make an attack at 1*; there are probably others that can do it on higher * levels, but that was just a quick perusal of everything he can equip at its lowest setting.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

By putting a gazillion protect tiles on the board, eventually matching away my invis tile, while taking 1 match damage.

I had my Invisible tile nicely placed in the bottom corner.. next turn Magneto's yellow overwrote my invisibility tile.. his yellow rarely overwrites anything. Sometimes I think the game is coded against me lol

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker

Equip a support that makes strikes or attacks. Go invisible. Win trivially.

• dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler

Use Quintet support. It will make a strike tile % of time when making strongest color match. Get invisible and boost that (or how many ever get made) strike and matches are over in no time.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker

...or retreat a few times until you start with a match 5 and then win trivially. Took me I think 4 and 6 times of reset to get the match 5.

• CouchPanda
    CouchPanda Posts: 29 Just Dropped In

I did both mine 1st or 2nd turns, I just added boosts for critical tiles as had a bunch of these I never use, with the match 5 bonus from his passive it wiped them both out

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards

First fight against elektra I got an early match 5 and she was quickly almost dead. Then she managed to get an endless amount of black matches and spam shadow step. I ended up having my full health prof X lose the match to elektra with 147 hp left.

Second match against her went much better after she player her purple and I played mine. Lucky match 5 ended magneto quickly.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

I was fighting a 1 HP war of attrition with Magneto for a long time whilst Invisible. Got a couple of match 5s over the course of 5 out so minutes to eventually finish him.

Elektra was another thing entirely. Couldn't get any purple matches and she just spammed black until I died.