Latest 5* shards no longer in PvE?

2»

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards

Rewards for this event are Venomsaurus Rex. So maybe Doc Oc is required but it will reward Venom shards.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor

@dianetics said:
    Rewards for this event are Venomsaurus Rex. So maybe Doc Oc is required but it will reward Venom shards.

No, Odin is 5E for the Hunt (with dino prog), Ock will be 5E in the event after that.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@Scofie said:

@MultipleMan98 said:
    So Doc Ock is the rewards for the hunt. So we still don't have an answer as to whether the latest are out of PvE rotation or not

We have got High Evo shards in HoD currently, so I assume it was a blip or a trial to check appetite for more Classics than LL or something else but I don't think they're out completely.

HEvo as essential and in progression is not enough to predict we'll be returning to the old schedule. We also had Jeffrey in the first pve as usual, last season. If anything, continuing with a classic 5* next pve after the new character shards are given in progression would suggest we'll repeat the pattern this season as well.

It seems, from now on (or for now), we get one of each latest in one event each season.
    The newest addition 5* is in progression with some classic 5* as essential.
    The middle 5* is rewarded in boss event at the end of the season.
    The soon to be leaving 5* is in progression and essential in the 1st pve of the season (new char release event too).

What's also interesting is, this season we're getting 3 classic 4*'s at the start too...

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

@Kolence said:

@Scofie said:

@MultipleMan98 said:
    So Doc Ock is the rewards for the hunt. So we still don't have an answer as to whether the latest are out of PvE rotation or not

We have got High Evo shards in HoD currently, so I assume it was a blip or a trial to check appetite for more Classics than LL or something else but I don't think they're out completely.

HEvo as essential and in progression is not enough to predict we'll be returning to the old schedule. We also had Jeffrey in the first pve as usual, last season. If anything, continuing with a classic 5* next pve after the new character shards are given in progression would suggest we'll repeat the pattern this season as well.

It seems, from now on (or for now), we get one of each latest in one event each season.
    The newest addition 5* is in progression with some classic 5* as essential.
    The middle 5* is rewarded in boss event at the end of the season.
    The soon to be leaving 5* is in progression and essential in the 1st pve of the season (new char release event too).

What's also interesting is, this season we're getting 3 classic 4*'s at the start too...

That's a much better assessment than my guess! Sounds entirely plausible.

I pulled part of my hoard to champ Jeff and this event finished HEvo for me too (Gwenom on 9 covers or so) so I don't need any more LL shards really. If I like the character, I can always pull more. That said, I had made an enemy of RNG for Wong so wouldn't have covered him before he left without all the different events giving his shards.