Latest 5* shards no longer in PvE?

We haven't seen any shards for Magik, high evolutionary or Jeffery all month. Have they been taken out of rewards or what's going on?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Good luck getting an answer.

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 62 Match Maker

@Bowgentle said:
    Good luck getting an answer.

Ya I just hope that my making a post here a Dev or someone on the team will reply so we know what's going on

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 590 Critical Contributor

Perhaps this is the trade-off for the increase in bonus shards. It would make sense (to me). And frankly I'd rather use and earn shards for a wider range of 5*s then always get saddled with the same three over and over and over again, while not even getting a chance in a whole year to use some of the others.

• Bowgentle

Probably someone realized that 2 boss covers equals 4 PVE runs, too.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

@Bowgentle said:
    Probably someone realized that 2 boss covers equals 4 PVE runs, too.

I sort of wondered if this might be the reason. Of course some people are in alliances that can’t get the second cover, so if that’s their thinking, it’s a little flawed.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards

The new dev team is just as uncommunicative on items as the old one. They came in all gang busters but totally have faded out and, in some ways, gotten worse. I really hope they can respond to this thread but am doubtful.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards

Damn, just realised I'm going to fall short on Magik now. I planned for 250 more shards at least.

And yes I lost faith with this new team a while ago. I preferred the last mob, but just leave this team in charge of the 'sorry fund and rewards'.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 136 Tile Toppler

I'm still hoping for one more run with Magik. I also need the 250 shards to champ Magik.
    The last few 5s to leave were required in the event that started on the day they left, so if that pattern is maintained we should be ok.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tony_Foot said:
    Damn, just realised I'm going to fall short on Magik now. I planned for 250 more shards at least.

And yes I lost faith with this new team a while ago. I preferred the last mob, but just leave this team in charge of the 'sorry fund and rewards'.

Same here. I don't want to pull anymore LTs because I already have Jeff and HeVo covered. I don't care for Magik but I still wanted to cover her.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

Same here. I came up one Magik event short of what I was planning.

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 132 Tile Toppler

There are 4 x 100 5* favourite shards in the Hellfire Club Vault, in case it helps anyone with finishing Magik. I know it's not as good as getting the shards from PVE but it does offer an alternative for anyone who doesn't want to gamble on picking up another cover via LTs.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards

My problem in the last couple weeks is that I have only pulled Jeffrey when getting a 5-star from LTs. Magik is in decent shape (but not going to be champed before leaving the Latest token), but High Evo was stuck at 2 covers until the Alliance event added 2 more. If I'm not able to get a few covers from Story event shards, the new champs with a Feeder that is a lower end Champion for me are going to be rough to complete.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Could it be Magik now? Nope. She gone and no more featuring in PvE.

• Bowgentle

@dianetics said:
    Evo rewards are up for this event and he should come back around 1-2 more times.

Until he doesn't, like Magik.

• DAZ0273

I mean we should be clear of events for a bit now, not that it made any sense about which 5* were essential anyway this last month. Unless July is going to be symbiote month or something, which of course it is. I do still need to champ Jeff so I guess that would be boring but OK...

• DAZ0273

Well I tried to finish Jeff but have instead finished High Guy ahead of schedule so I need me some fish this month.

• DAZ0273

I think I can probably finish him but was hoping to get it done with today's rotation but I have spent way too much so will see how it goes.

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 62 Match Maker

So Doc Ock is the rewards for the hunt. So we still don't have an answer as to whether the latest are out of PvE rotation or not

• Bowgentle

And you won't get one.
    They're not talking.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

@MultipleMan98 said:
    So Doc Ock is the rewards for the hunt. So we still don't have an answer as to whether the latest are out of PvE rotation or not

We have got High Evo shards in HoD currently, so I assume it was a blip or a trial to check appetite for more Classics than LL or something else but I don't think they're out completely.