Marvel Puzzle Quest R280 Release Notes (06/19/23)

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

Give him a +3000% match damage boost and have him passively stun the enemy team every time they make a match.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards

Does Nick Fury need a rework he is already pretty deadly in the 4* tier.

What is going on in the dev's office?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

The rework to Talos and Fury makes sense since they are coming out with Nicks Fury's show about the Secret Skrull invasion and Talos is a big part of the show.

Rather than releasing new characters (5* Fury or Talos) I presume the re-work will be in line with the show. I'm more than OK with this rather than 5* Talos/Fury releases. Wish they'd done the same with all the Spider characters instead of releasing a bunch more of them.

KGB

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

@dianetics said:

I would say he does not, but I guess local kingpin used blue on this one to match with secret invasion release... Honestly they could just have released a 5* fury and fixed on another 4* that really needs love like Puck or Hulkbuster.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@pepitedechocolat said:

@dianetics said:

I would say he does not, but I guess local kingpin used blue on this one to match with secret invasion release... Honestly they could just have released a 5* fury and fixed on another 4* that really needs love like Puck or Hulkbuster.

We need 5/3 Fury! Missed opportunity

• DJ47057
    DJ47057 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In

Nick Fury has an ancient network with the howling commandos....

• moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

Nick Fury's re-work is a re-nerf...bye bye Nick Fury. You will be missed.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker

Is there a summary of the changes here yet?

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023

Fury has been nerfed, although some of his powers are cheaper now, and Talos is a lot better but still not great. He does have a better stun, so I guess it might help with an emerging Moondragon meta.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

Why on earth would they nerf Nick Fury? Did anyone even use him for anything? If they're doing nerfs, how about hitting any of the characters that desperately need a nerf?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

Somewhere, Chasm is laughing his head off.
    But hey, Fury yellow now gives actual numbers!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

It sure would be nice if they did breakdowns, like they used to.
    Nick Fury was fine. He did not need a buff or a nerf. He was not affecting PvP at all.
    Nick Fury is essentially nerfed along with Be4st, it feels like the dev's are a bit tone def.

It's almost like we should put a list of characters up for the devs to consider for reworks. Somebody less lazy than me start the thread and we can get a community suggestion for rework.

Right now this is silly.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor

But by reworking Fury and Be4st, they made the list longer!

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023

Whoever is doing balancing for this team should acknowledge that they're bad at their job and apologize. You're literally out here making LESS characters useful.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

As seen on iOS in today’s 3* DDQ node:

I would love to see what this text looks like German if that’s the best fit we can do in the native English.

• BurntOutGamer
    BurntOutGamer Posts: 18 Just Dropped In

Hoping the new 5* character creates a ton of web and void tiles + is immune to stun / away abilities. Could be crazy fun with Hulk / Chasm

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

do we have a proper announcement somewhere for the changes listing differences and rationale?

@BurntOutGamer said:
    Hoping the new 5* character creates a ton of web and void tiles + is immune to stun / away abilities. Could be crazy fun with Hulk / Chasm

dont forget passive aoe, ap drain and revive, chasm 2.0 so we can have chasm/chasm2/ihulk teams

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker

What an absolute **** change to Fury; it's how the yellow used to be originally (which no one liked) but now 6 cost, and it looks like purple lost some damage which is....why?

Yellow was fine; blue needed improvements the most and purple is really eh.