MPQ Global Defense Community Challenge

MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
edited July 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

It's an Invasion! Join in the Puzzle Quest - Global Defense Community Challenge to protect the planet! Work together and reach special rewards tiers by answering trivia and visiting our socials to earn in-game prizes for the entire community! Visit frequently to find new trivia questions and content to earn more points.

• ​Rewards Tier 1 - (Reach 50,000 points) = 2500 Iso-8
  • Rewards Tier 2 - (Reach 100,000 points) = 100 Hero Points
  • Rewards Tier 3 - (Reach 150,000 points) = 150 Hero Points + 3-Star Destroyer Gun Support
  • Rewards Tier 4 - (Reach 200,000 points) = 200 Hero Points + 3-Star Destroyer Gun Support + 200x 4-Star Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Shards
  • Rewards Tier 5 - (Reach 250,000 points) = 250 Hero Points + 3-Star Destroyer Gun Support + 4-Star Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Cover
  • Rewards Tier 6 - (Reach 300,000 points) = 375 Hero Points + 3-Star Destroyer Gun Support + 2x4-Star Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Covers + 3 Classic Legends Tokens
  • Rewards Tier 7 - (Reach 400,000 points) = 500 Hero Points + 3-Star Destroyer Gun Support + 3x4-Star Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Covers + 3 Classic Legends Tokens + 250x Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) Shards

Each participant can earn a max of 56 points which is added to a collective total of points from all participants. Rewards will be given out based on the final collective total of points earned during the challenge by all qualified participants (only 1 rewards tier will be gifted). The challenge ends at 11:59PM PST on June 30th and final rewards will be distributed to all players during the week of July 3rd . See Terms & Conditions for The Puzzle Quest - Global Defense Community Challenge Official Rules.

Comments

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 108 Tile Toppler

Previously I only needed an email address to be able to contribute, but now I need to have a specific social media account? Why the change?
    (or is it only me? do they think I am a Skrull and that Skrulls don't know about social media?)

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin

@stef_focus said:
    Previously I only needed an email address to be able to contribute, but now I need to have a specific social media account? Why the change?
    (or is it only me? do they think I am a Skrull and that Skrulls don't know about social media?)

We haven't changed anything on our end, so if it's changed, it was something with Gleam. At least on our end (can't speak for Gleam of course), the only reason we're getting emails and whatever is to track for purposes of the contest and nothing else.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

@stef_focus said:

I was able to get credit just by following the links. Didn’t have to have an account. Except for Steam for the play 1 hour. I just skipped that one.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

@ArchusMonk said:

@stef_focus said:

I was able to get credit just by following the links. Didn’t have to have an account. Except for Steam for the play 1 hour. I just skipped that one.

Normally I’ve been able to do this just by being logged in with my linked twitch account but it forced me to verify my identity by logging in to one of their 5 social media options, despite already being logged in with my twitch, and even then it took a few tries before it even allowed me to log in via the google option. Not sure what changed but it was very frustrating to for it to finally track my points.

• ProfShoehorn
    ProfShoehorn Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

All of the links hit me with the social media verification roadblock on both my phone and laptop. It will let me log into the contest, but not allow me to prove I am a real person. Would have been nice to contribute to the cause but can't until it gets fixed if the alternative is to be forced onto any of those social media systems.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards

Same. They require you to be logged in to one of five social media accounts. If you already are logged in, I think it recognizes it. But if not, you need to verify by logging into one of these five: Telegram, Facebook, Google, Instagram or Discord.

This is not a welcome change

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards

I also cannot log in to this. I've done the previous community challenges, but just like PorfShoehorn it is requiring me to connect using social media which I do not use at all.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@IceIX said:

@stef_focus said:

We haven't changed anything on our end, so if it's changed, it was something with Gleam. At least on our end (can't speak for Gleam of course), the only reason we're getting emails and whatever is to track for purposes of the contest and nothing else.

The challenge says we should visit frequently for new trivia questions, but I haven't seen any. Even if I grab the daily point I won't reach the max 56 pts. Are the questions supposed to reset?

• JSzym
    JSzym Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

I’m with the others who cannot play because of the social media login requirement. Please work to change this.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

They said it's not on their end.
    You can't expect them to put dev hours into this for the 5 people who don't have ANY useable accounts in 2023.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

I don’t have Twitter or Instagram but I was able to get the points by clicking through. I also didn’t have to login to my Facebook account to get the points for Facebook. Guess I just got lucky.

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 180 Tile Toppler

Based on the current points total, we might reach tier 4. I wonder if this ‘tying entry to specific social media accounts’ thing has put people off.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

I used my Google account that I use for all kinds of stuff like this.

Just sign up for a gmail account that you never use and you are good to go. The added benefit is that you can use that email for signing up to all kinds of spammy sites knowing you don't care that they send email there.

KGB

• LavaManLee
    edited June 2023

@Bowgentle said:
    They said it's not on their end.
    You can't expect them to put dev hours into this for the 5 people who don't have ANY useable accounts in 2023.

They don't have to put dev hours in. I am sure they are paying Gleam and Gleam decided to do something different. It's a phone call to Gleam to change it back. Not their own dev hours. And there are WAY more than 5 people who don't have access to at least one of those five apps. My alliance alone has seven.

• DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 27 Just Dropped In

Same, required me to log in. Not doing it. If the devs care, get Gleam to turn this off. Wasn't like this previously.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker

Do you think the Devs have that kind of power over Gleam? I assume they’re not their only client.

• LavaManLee

It honestly can't be that hard and should be spelled out as part of whatever contract they signed with Gleam for to run these events.

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 65 Match Maker

I read Gleam's privacy information and declined to participate when it confirmed all of the social media account information they would be accessing and utilizing for things unrelated to telling 505 that I am indeed a person and player of MPQ.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

@Punisher5784 said:

@IceIX said:

@stef_focus said:

The challenge says we should visit frequently for new trivia questions, but I haven't seen any. Even if I grab the daily point I won't reach the max 56 pts. Are the questions supposed to reset?

There were two new questions worth 5 each added today.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@bigjojo04 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@IceIX said:

@stef_focus said:

There were two new questions worth 5 each added today.

Thanks for letting me know! I kept checking and gave up