4 * character rebalances

Options
13»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hey, 5 years is new to me! You were looking for someone crusty!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,683 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    No? Maybe we just hallucinated it then. Right - carry on, nothing to see here.

Maybe you're mixing up 4 star natasha with the 5 star? Back when 5 star black widow was one of the only 5 stars in the game she was pretty strong for her time, she has since been left in the dust by newer 5 stars.

No it was definitely Blonde Natasha. Ah well, it isn't really a big deal. TRW and I used to hang out in a thread about champing terrible 4* together, maybe it came from that.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,683 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Hey, 5 years is new to me! You were looking for someone crusty!

Fair enough!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,195 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I so distinctly recall that every time I would complain she was useless some player would come in and talk about 5* players using her, but now I can't find anything like that. This would have been before the gambit nerf when she was released, so maybe there was some synergy there? I've tried looking around for it, but it wasn't like a whole thread, it was just post replies here and there when it would happen.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's certainly possible! Her gimmick is potentially quite useful, and there's a whole bunch of teams that she could fit into. I'm just not aware of a popular team that competitive players ever used with her.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

When Blondie Widow was released, half Thor was still used much more, I believe. She could give a big health boost if boosted and stun (and then proceed to destroy enemy AP. Or is it steal? I forget). I remember using her when featured in pvp and fights being fast and easy on offense. As for a 5* team at the time that she'd fit best in... probably Thor DD?
    Her purple always sounded cool to me as well (because she actually can get the AP from enemy tiles, and at the time we still couldn't easily flood the board with specials? maybe?) but in practice it just didn't ever manage to work that well.
    5* Widow, I think, was briefly used with Black Bolt mostly, when new, and before stronger 5*s appeared. I could be wrong though, as I haven't jumped to 5* before PP Spidey (and Daredevil really for a true dual 5* team).