Character Updates: Negasonic (Modern), Beast (AoA), Yellowjacket (Live 4/27)

Options
245

Comments

  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    After some testing, it definitively feels like a nerf to Dark Beast (intended or not).

    He is so much slower now, needs to gather enough blue, use it, wait like 4 turns, then use green to generate a paltry of blue. This is not better, bring back the charged tiles.

  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

    Nice round of buffs. Do more like this and I won’t take my 11th retirement without a bit of consideration first 😂

  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options

    @BlackBoltRocks said:
    Phew Yellowjacket's mechanics remain untouched, and he got a welcome numbers boost. Much appreciated! Likewise for Negasonic and Beast for those in 4* land. Negasonic will hit harder for those who use her with Jane Thor, and Beast's change to his Green interacting with special tiles instead of Charged tiles is also great. Nice work devs!

    EDIT: I didn't realise the buffs were already live. For Darren, while 5/5/3 is still generally better, this makes a 5/3/5 build more viable, especially if he's not tanking all of Black/Blue/Green and maximises his damage output when he's not invisible.

    funny thing is, having him at 5/5/3 is still a must cause now his blue IS HIS BASE MATCH DAMAGE, so now its guarantee'd he'll go invisible if he matches blue, black, and green since no one will tank over him and my lvl 463 yellowjacket was dealing 24,658 match damage in blue just from matching tiles instead of firing his green lol.

  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options

    I knew beast was gonna get nerfed, I feel like is in direction correlation to Kang. They worked so well together

  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

    There was no need to mess with beast, he was fine until they mess with him.. but yet they haven't touch Chasm who's ruining the pvp.. how about unnerfing bishop if there not going touch Chasm.

  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Beast also must now jump through so many hoops to generate black AP whereas before it was pretty simple since his blue generated black & green tiles (now blue & green).

    So now if you want to make black AP from matching specials, you need to fire blue, wait until the enemy matches those specials so you make protect tiles, then match those protect tiles. This is a straight up nerf across the board.

    Welp, image nerfing a 4* character in 2023, yet here we are.

  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Bzhai said:
    It would be cool if like the new character poll, they let us vote for the next batch of reworks. They already addressed the biggest losers in the game so now it's just a matter of moving up the F-tier list.

    I agree with this, I'd love to vote on the next rebalance, such as, Talos

    That approach would be more favorable and transparent on why a specific character is updated. Instead many players feel Beast is a nerf. We had similar complaints when 4* Carnage was "buffed" but it felt like a nerf.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

    @Bzhai said:

    It would be cool if like the new character poll, they let us vote for the next batch of reworks. They already addressed the biggest losers in the game so now it's just a matter of moving up the F-tier list.

    Oh there are SO many more (and much bigger) losers at the 5* tier. I wouldn't have had Yellowjacket anywhere near the top of that list -- at least he could do the invisibility thing before. What redeeming quality does Loki have? Black Widow?

    Almost every older 5* is abysmal/useless compared to the modern ones. Black Widow, BSS, Storm, Captain Marvel, Loki, Archangel, Rescue, OML, Cable, Black Bolt...I have most of these guys at or near max and they are completely unusable, even when boosted. Like, a lvl 672 BSS is worse than lvl450 versions of the good characters. Even some of the newer characters, like Abigail and Heimdall, are just awful.

    I'm glad to get one buff a month or so, but it's going to take a LONG time to cover the entire list of losers at this rate.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,606 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    The 5* Spider-Mans would be my pick. There's no reason for them to be both boring and useless. We need more web tile generators in the 5* tier or something.

  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

    Not a fan of the changes to Beast, he was great as he was and this is honestly an unnecessary nerf.

  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Daredevil217 said:

    @BlackBoltRocks said:
    EDIT: I didn't realise the buffs were already live. For Darren, while 5/5/3 is still generally better, this makes a 5/3/5 build more viable, especially if he's not tanking all of Black/Blue/Green and maximises his damage output when he's not invisible.

    My Yellowjacket has the same health/match damage as before. Anyone else?

    Fixed! Thank you!

    @marvel075 said:

    @BlackBoltRocks said:
    Phew Yellowjacket's mechanics remain untouched, and he got a welcome numbers boost. Much appreciated! Likewise for Negasonic and Beast for those in 4* land. Negasonic will hit harder for those who use her with Jane Thor, and Beast's change to his Green interacting with special tiles instead of Charged tiles is also great. Nice work devs!

    EDIT: I didn't realise the buffs were already live. For Darren, while 5/5/3 is still generally better, this makes a 5/3/5 build more viable, especially if he's not tanking all of Black/Blue/Green and maximises his damage output when he's not invisible.

    funny thing is, having him at 5/5/3 is still a must cause now his blue IS HIS BASE MATCH DAMAGE, so now its guarantee'd he'll go invisible if he matches blue, black, and green since no one will tank over him and my lvl 463 yellowjacket was dealing 24,658 match damage in blue just from matching tiles instead of firing his green lol.

    I came to post the same thing. As soon as I read that they added to his base match damage I got excited and tried it out. Sure enough, he tanks everything when he goes invisible. Since this is the crux of his power set, it makes him so much better, because now he can team with everyone, regardless, of who tanks, which really ups his utility.

  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 178 Tile Toppler
    Options

    After using Beast…he is much worse. Changes should be reverted unless they feel like he was going to break the game in conjunction with another character. Which is better to just say that is why he was nerfed then.

  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options

    Well, they updated Yellowjackets health and base match damage but they nerfed his match dmg boost while invisible. They reduced the match dmg boost by 2/3 🤬

  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @mdreyer93 said:
    Well, they updated Yellowjackets health and base match damage but they nerfed his match dmg boost while invisible. They reduced the match dmg boost by 2/3 🤬

    When I used him last night he was tearing the enemies up, then today I used him and it wasn't as powerful.

    I'm annoyed they did this because I purchased his chain deal thinking his update was huge and it's not

  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options

    @Punisher5784 said:
    When I used him last night he was tearing the enemies up, then today I used him and it wasn't as powerful.

    I'm annoyed they did this because I purchased his chain deal thinking his update was huge and it's not

    Same here. Except I only bought the first level.

  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @mdreyer93 said:

    @Punisher5784 said:
    When I used him last night he was tearing the enemies up, then today I used him and it wasn't as powerful.

    I'm annoyed they did this because I purchased his chain deal thinking his update was huge and it's not

    Same here. Except I only bought the first level.

    I'm honestly considering complaining to CS for a refund. This feels like a bait and switch. I went from winning 11 straight PvP matches last week with no issue to struggling with 2 wins. It's a huge difference

  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options

    Did they change something? My test was "will yellow jacket still tank with Colossus on his team".

    The answer is yes, so he's still good in my book?

  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

    @Omegased his blue passive was adding 6500 match dmg to each color when invisible, so a match 3 would do about 21000 dmg. Now it only adds about 2100 to each and he does about 9000 dmg on a match 3. I say ask CS for a refund, this stinks. Total bait & switch. Punisher & I surely aren't the only ones upset.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    It says in the description that it's like 1700 at 5 covers. Did they have it set wrong on the initial change and then fix it the next day?