New Support: Battleworld (Exploration Map)

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 387 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

As promised, here're the details for our latest support. Battleworld (Exploration Map) which is currently being offered in game.

Basic Information

• Name: Battleworld Map (Exploration Map)
  • Equip Requirement(s): Affiliation: Battleworld

Perks

• Rank 1 Perk: Reaches max power at level 100
  • The supported character starts the match with 10.00% additional max health. 12.00% of damage dealt by the supported character is converted to permanent damage.

• Rank 3 Perk: Reaches max power at level 200

• For each affiliation shared between the allied and enemy teams, the supported character deals 6.40% more match and ability damage.

• Rank 5 Perk: Reaches max power at level 250

• At the start of the battle, creates a fortified 1-turn Repeater that creates a Zombie Attack Tile with between 149.82 and 2693.78 strength based on the supported character's Rarity with a 90.00% of being friendly.

• Synergy Perk

• Up to 2 times per battle & once per turn, if there are 5 or more SAP tiles on the board, the Thor Corps arrives to shuffle the board and then convert 6 SAP tiles to charged tiles.

New Affiliation(s): Battleworld

• 5* Apocalypse (Classic)
  • 5* Beta Ray Bill (Korbinite Cyborg)
  • 3* Black Panther (T’Challa)
  • 4* Black Panther (King of Wakanda)
  • 3* Captain Marvel (Modern)
  • 4* Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
  • 5* Cyclops (Phoenix Five)
  • 3* Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men)
  • 3* Doctor Doom (Classic)
  • 5* Doctor Doom (God Emperor)
  • 5* Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
  • 3* Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)
  • 4* Invisible Woman (Classic)
  • 4* Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
  • 5* Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Essex)
  • 4* Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
  • 4* Namor (The Sub-Mariner)
  • 3* Spider-Man (Classic)
  • 4* Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw)
  • 3* Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
  • 5* Thanos (The Mad Titan)
  • 3* Thanos (Modern)
  • 4* The Thing (Classic)
  • 3* Thor (Modern)
  • 4* Thor (Marvel NOW!)
  • 4* Throg (Puddlegulp)
Tagged:

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@S0kun Is there some sort of shared criteria as to who gets the synergy on this? I only ask because we seem to have a mixture of comic book and MCU versions?

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

Any clarification how a Zombie attack tile differs from a standard attack tile?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How do the perk numbers change with leveling up the support?

For example R1 perk says +10% max health and +12% permanent damage. Are those numbers achieved when the support is leveled to 50 (R1 max) or 250 (R5 max)?

I really really wish all these supports that increased 'max health' instead increased starting health so that those of us (probably most of us) who go into battle with the character at <100% health gets some benefit from this perk.

KGB

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

This is a Support? The Facebook post with this photo made it seem like a Support hub where we can manager our Supports or a new event type to gather more Supports

Instead of rolling out new Supports, I'd love to see what the new interface will look like

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

@skittledaddy said:

I don’t think there is any difference. It’s just theming.
    Fully anticipating ‘ninja sword’ strike tiles and ‘vibranium shield’ protect tiles as we progress.

The only caveat to this that I can think of is that it may mean that the attack tile produced is somehow recognised as being specifically created by this support in a similar vein to how the new 4* human torch only buffs his own attack tiles, but I struggle to see what practical impact this would have on gameplay.

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

The synergy perk seems to work against BRB and Apocalypse, where you would definitely not want your protect tiles converted into charged tiles.

Edit: Actually I'm really struggling to understand the value of the synergy perk. None of the characters who can use this support seem to benefit particularly from charged tiles. It seems to devalue the support rather than improving it.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

@skittledaddy said:

Also, does 90% chance of being friendly mean it could be an enemy attack tile?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,130 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@skittledaddy said:

Also, does 90% chance of being friendly mean it could be an enemy attack tile?

Yeah, I thought that was kind of fun. 🙂

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wonder why it’s 3 and 4* Star lord, but not 5?

• Scofie
    Options

@JimboJambo said:
    The synergy perk seems to work against BRB and Apocalypse, where you would definitely not want your protect tiles converted into charged tiles.

Edit: Actually I'm really struggling to understand the value of the synergy perk. None of the characters who can use this support seem to benefit particularly from charged tiles. It seems to devalue the support rather than improving it.

I guess you can put it on BRB and pair him with MThor with Vibranium Ore and SC with a Chimichanga or Polaris with Avengers Tower? Could get messy.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

Rank 1&3 seems to be a solution to chasmihulk mirror match, atleat to me.

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options

Well, it might be if either iHulk or Chasm could equip it,

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Kwahder said:

Good point. I immediately read the abilities and nothing else. Jumped the gun a bit, wishful thinking on my part.

• Scofie
    Options

@Codex said:

@Kwahder said:

Good point. I immediately read the abilities and nothing else. Jumped the gun a bit, wishful thinking on my part.

Could equip to Thano5 as a 3rd? That's pretty fun: Court Death doing perm damage (depending on the Chasm proc timings).

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It reads like all damage dealt is permanent, but that might just be a typo/weird wording, and it might just be match damage or powers.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

So if the character equipped deals 30.000 damage he will deal 3600 permanent damage.
    Awesome! He only needs to fire it 20 times more and chasm will revive with 1 health.
    Honestly I don't understand why the fixation on permanent damage.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,921 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Bad said:
    So if the character equipped deals 30.000 damage he will deal 3600 permanent damage.
    Awesome! He only needs to fire it 20 times more and chasm will revive with 1 health.
    Honestly I don't understand why the fixation on permanent damage.

Yes, I do find it concerning that permanent damage seems to be overvalued by the dev team. Unlike self-healing and reviving abilities which are helpful in all situations, permanent damage is only applicable against a certain set of characters and in most cases when applicable, largely unneeded to win the match.

Simply put, the best strategy when fighting healers/revivers is to overwhelm them with raw damage and when possible deny them whatever triggers their healing/reviving ability. It's telling that the meta has featured plenty of healing/reviving type characters over the past few years (Okoye, Shang-Chi, Chasm, i-Hulk) but characters with permanent damage (Samurai Daken, Knull and Magik) have never been considered as legitimate counters.

For one thing, their permanent damage abilities tend to fall into mid to low level damage range (probably due to having the permanent damage ability tacked on). But just as significantly, permanent damage abilities start off of original base health instead of the opponent character's actual current health.

After much consideration, I have reached the conclusion it is probably the most useless ability type currently:

Tier S: high match damage/ high damage boost /good AP generation
    Tier A: strong AoE, strong multi hit, special win condition
    Tier B: strong single hit, good stun, self-healing, self-revive, strong strike tiles, mid multi- hit, strong damage reduction, critical tile creation, mid AoE, passive AP burn or theft, good board control, removing special tiles, stun immunity, strong spamming SAP tiles
    Tier C: strong protect tiles, AP theft, strong attack tiles, low multi-hit, low AoE, invisibility, fortifying friendly tiles, mid single hit, mid damage reduction, good team burst healing, mid stun, stealing opponent friendly tiles
    Tier D: sending opponent airborne, sending teammates airborne, mid burst healing
    Tier F: permanent damage, low burst healing

I'm sure I'm missing a few other notable abilities but I think that covers the gist of it.

Obviously, this is based on my experience and personal preferences so if someone has found permanent damage to be more useful than other alternatives (for example Shang-Chi or Apoc teams), I'd be interested in hearing about it.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Funny how the other extremely overvalued ability type - board shake - isn't even on your list!
    You have to wonder why these abilities are useless to actual players, yet the devs consider them very powerful.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I appreciate the new supports. I still want to know when we will be able to more easily obtain and level up supports.