Marvel Puzzle Quest R275 Release Notes (04/10/23)

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker

Patch hasn't gone live yet, but sharing with the forums a little early. :)

“Returnal Flame...”

• Comic Cover Swaps hot off the press! Watch out for some fun alternate Comic Covers in-game.
  • CRAZY VIP SALE! There’s never been a better time to become an MPQ VIP.
  • The brand new Support “Hellfire Club” is here! Boost your favorite Super Heroes today!
  • Compete in the PVP Season of Power for exclusive rewards!

Thank you for playing!

Comments

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options

@AnkhWarrior said:
    Madelyne Pryor! No doubt about it. The resurrected clone of Jean Grey and the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club. Very strong possibility she'll feed Emma Frost as well. I'm super excited for them!

Good catch! I was about to say the same. Question is, which version of her? The villain or the anti-hero after Krakoa version?

I'd suggest to use the final issue of Hellions as the cover.

If it is the anti-hero Goblin Queen, then it's got to be the upcoming Dark X-Men Series.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is this a 4* or 5*?

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 460 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Is this a 4* or 5*?

4* based on timing.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Not sure if there was ever any info put out, but are these new supports going to be added to the support token pool at any point?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes, Krakoa should be added this coming end of the season, unless they have finished support shards and rewards update ahead of time or slower than expected.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can we please keep the Spidey cover?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,402 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

New SheThor, Gwenpool, 3* Spidey, 3* Shulk, and 3* Deadpool covers. Is OML new too?
    I liked the old Spiderman and She Hulk covers better.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Yes, Krakoa should be added this coming end of the season, unless they have finished support shards and rewards update ahead of time or slower than expected.

We are getting support shards & rewards?!?!?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The dev posted this in reddit about 3 weeks ago:

At the next season shift this support will go to the support store. Depending on the timeframe of release for support shards, it will either rotate in on Puzzle Ops or benefit from the next reward structure overhaul that improves support accessibility for all.

this support refers to the first new support related to Wong: Kamar-Taj. It's not referring to Krakoa. My bad.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Hmm. Well not gonna knock back potential Support-mas so I shall await information moving forward (Hi Devs - remember these forums? Thanks!)

On cover swaps:

Mighty Thor - It's a nice cover but I really liked the old one, so mixed feelings, especially as the art style is very much like the 4* version.
    Gwenpool - I like this one a lot.
    Deadpool - Definitely different, definitely fits him on MPQ. Thumbs up.
    Spider-Man - Ha ha, awesome!
    She Hulk - it's a nice cover and I think better than her other one.

Think that is all of them? If so I think they are pretty much all winners.

• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:

@AnkhWarrior said:
    Madelyne Pryor! No doubt about it. The resurrected clone of Jean Grey and the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club. Very strong possibility she'll feed Emma Frost as well. I'm super excited for them!

Good catch! I was about to say the same. Question is, which version of her? The villain or the anti-hero after Krakoa version?

I'd suggest to use the final issue of Hellions as the cover.

If it is the anti-hero Goblin Queen, then it's got to be the upcoming Dark X-Men Series.

The game is rated E-10+. Not the top cover.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Goblin Queen's "costume" doesn't really get any more kid friendly though, does it? At least that cover bad as it is, is less sexually suggestive than the Namora one.

• DAZ0273
    Options

It's bad from the stance if you are attempting to not display a sexualised image of a female comic book character. I doubt there are many good options for evil Madelyne though, as the costume was little more than rags from it's debut in Inferno.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mod note: Please refrain from using insults. It is a violation of rule 7. Thank you.

• DAZ0273
    edited April 2023
    Options

Where did I use an insult?!?!?!

Edit to add: The E10+ guidelines are really not all that clear where they reference "partial nudity" as to what that specifically means as to not being not allowed but they talk about games like Minecraft and Sonic as being appropriate for this tier. It explains why games like Sony's Spider-Man are rated 16 even though there is nothing really in them you could call problematic for younger teen audiences.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not you @DAZ0273 , you're good. o:)

• DAZ0273
    Options

OK cool!

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

There are plenty of younger people, and girls, who play this game, so I 100% appreciate the devs not sexualizing and objectifying the characters.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

Ask Djinn. Also, my niece plays (well, played I think she's back on Minecraft now).