The “Meeting” – REBOOT Part III

Options
Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards

Greetings fellow matchmakers!

Thank you for the continued feedback and positive reception. I keep getting all these ideas in my head. Some were going to be used for Part II then I pushed it to III, then III was getting too big, so IV is already being planned! Enjoy!

Part I: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88219/the-meeting-reboot#latest
Part II: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88311/the-meeting-reboot-part-ii#latest

Part III is the first comment of this post

Obligatory Advisory for The “Meeting” Posts:
The events depicted in this forum post are fictitious. These events are loosely based on the forum Player’s perception of the game and are for entertainment purposes only. The stories are not true and the characters that represent the Developers or any other person that is relevant to MPQ are not the real people. Any similarly to the actual meetings or people in these posts are merely coincidental.

Comments

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So many gems in there! Please don’t stop…

• Punisher5784
    Options

@Zarqa said:
    So many gems in there! Please don’t stop…

What color? Pink or Purple? :)

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

What color? Pink or Purple? :)

With all those slow moving demons? Has to be red.

• dpoch
    dpoch Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

This is gold, I tell ya... gold! 😉

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

Big thumbs up for working in the Ghostbusters reference.

This trip through the Quantum Puzzle Multiverse would make a great new PvE with unique enemies...

KGB

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Congratulations. You made me laugh out. Not easy thing unless I was biased to do it, and I wasn't.
    So this is great stuff.

• Punisher5784
    Options

@KGB said:

This trip through the Quantum Puzzle Multiverse would make a great new PvE with unique enemies...

KGB

Thanks! There's also a Terminator reference in there.

That would be cool if they actually did a PQM with all the nerfed characters as enemies lol

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is one of your best ones yet!!! Man, I was doing pve when you sent this to me and I almost missed cause I was laughing so much. MODAK!! Perfection. Please keep this going!!

• KGB
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@KGB said:

KGB

That would be cool if they actually did a PQM with all the nerfed characters as enemies lol

I didn't mention the Terminator reference because it was a bit more obvious and probably easier to pick up on since that movie is probably a lot better known and much more likely to have been seen these days that the original Ghostbusters.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@KGB said:

KGB

I didn't mention the Terminator reference because it was a bit more obvious and probably easier to pick up on since that movie is probably a lot better known and much more likely to have been seen these days that the original Ghostbusters.

KGB

Really? Ghostbusters seems to be on TV a whole lot.

• KGB
    edited April 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@KGB said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@KGB said:

KGB

KGB

Maybe in the USA (or your cable bundle). I dunno because I don't really have cable TV anymore other than a few basic channels in order to watch the NFL or get the weather during Hurricane season. Everything else I watch is streamed (Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime etc) and on those you have to actively search out Ghostbusters.

Didn't think anyone under the age of say 35 would bother with a 1982 movie or even know it. My teenage kids have never seen it for example since their TV life has always consisted of streaming and not cable (including CrunchyRoll for their Anime fixations).

KGB

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

Fantastic as always. Great use of the Venkman!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@KGB said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@KGB said:

KGB

KGB

Maybe in the USA (or your cable bundle). I dunno because I don't really have cable TV anymore other than a few basic channels in order to watch the NFL or get the weather during Hurricane season. Everything else I watch is streamed (Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime etc) and on those you have to actively search out Ghostbusters.

Didn't think anyone under the age of say 35 would bother with a 1982 movie or even know it. My teenage kids have never seen it for example since their TV life has always consisted of streaming and not cable (including CrunchyRoll for their Anime fixations).

KGB

I don't live in the USA or have a cable bundle...so couldn't tell you.

Aren't two of the Star Wars movies earlier than 1982? I think Jedi was 83? I saw that one at the cinema! ET? Raiders of the Lost Ark? I think Ghostbusters was 84 actually though.

My one teenage kid (and other soon to be 20 year old) have both seen Ghostbusters and all of the above though. Also Gremlins. My 13 year old barely knows what TV is though I do agree, he has YouTube. 😒😒😏

• KGB
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

KGB

I don't live in the USA or have a cable bundle...so couldn't tell you.

Aren't two of the Star Wars movies earlier than 1982? I think Jedi was 83? I saw that one at the cinema! ET? Raiders of the Lost Ark? I think Ghostbusters was 84 actually though.

My one teenage kid (and other soon to be 20 year old) have both seen Ghostbusters and all of the above though. Also Gremlins. My 13 year old barely knows what TV is though I do agree, he has YouTube. 😒😒😏

Maybe the demarcation age is early teens then. My 15 and 13 year old are essentially like your 13 year old. But they both found the original Star Wars films unwatchable due to being boring with not much happening (blasphemy in my eyes and probably yours and most people here) . They didn't like the prequels either but enjoyed Force Awakens and Last Jedi which are made for their generation.

I've tried getting them interested in old classics like Raiders, Terminator, Gremlins etc and they just get bored and start looking at their phones. It's rare that they like any pre-1995 movie. Attention spans for younger people are VASTLY shorter due to so much more competing for their time than we ever had.

KGB

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My 13 year old has been force-fed 80s and 90s films to the point that he prefers them to modern ones. Apart from Top Gun. He's not a fan. But then he's not a fan of the MCU either, so I'm disowning him.

• Bad
    Options

My 4 and 2 years olds kids are too young for any of that, they are currently watching frozen and toy stories, all the saga.
    But yesterday I saw 2 spider-man tooth-brush on the toliet, and I tought they are on the good direction (and that I want another for me :D )

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bad said:
    My 4 and 2 years olds kids are too young for any of that, they are currently watching frozen and toy stories, all the saga.
    But yesterday I saw 2 spider-man tooth-brush on the toliet, and I tought they are on the good direction (and that I want another for me :D )

Superhero Squad! They'll love that and there are jokes for the adults too! I imagine it is on DISNEY+ if you have access to that.

• Bad
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Superhero Squad! They'll love that and there are jokes for the adults too! I imagine it is on DISNEY+ if you have access to that.

Spidey and his amazing friends, kind of like pawn patrol with multiverse spiders is what they want now.
    But they don't oppose to watch toy story 4 another thousand of times.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bad said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Spidey and his amazing friends, kind of like pawn patrol with multiverse spiders is what they want now.
    But they don't oppose to watch toy story 4 another thousand of times.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1388589/

"I hate those Squaddies!!!"