Jeffrey's DDQ

Options
DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards

So, Jeffrey has replaced the opposition in the Crash of the Titans nodes. Fun!

We can't play them again? Am I missing something? Is there meant to be a different Jeff based node then?

I am not asking for extra LT's but I am a bit confused as to whether this is working as intended? If this is just a visual gimmick then cool but that doesn't make it any less understandable, lol!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hmm...were those slightly suspicious looking splash marks to the left of the 1* node there before?

• rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options

Would be good to be able to play them - not fussed about getting extra LTs. Seems a bit odd to change when most people would have completed them already

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,565 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

If you've played the Crash yesterday, then though luck, you can't fight 3 Jeffs!
    If you didn't, then today you can use any 3 characters to try to beat a symbiote and two 3* sharks instead.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Alfje17 said:
    If you've played the Crash yesterday, then though luck, you can't fight 3 Jeffs!
    If you didn't, then today you can use any 3 characters to try to beat a symbiote and two 3* sharks instead.

So...if we had known this yesterday then...or did we know this yesterday? I did not know this yesterday. I would not have completed the two LT nodes if I had known this.

Can we still fight the sharks please? I don't need any rewards.

What a shame. I even completed the whole thing just in case an extra node popped up. I'm genuinely disappointed = I thought this was a Tuesday thing? Today is Tuesday.

:'(:'(

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wow.. tons of players have a champed 4* Jean. 400 players in my bracket alone beat the Crash nodes yesterday. They should have gave us an extra node for a 3* Jeff cover.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Should have called it Monday of the Titans. :(

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options

It feels very mean to down such cute baby sharks tho

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Another example of outstanding, timely communication.
    Well done, devs.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Ed_Dragonrider said:
    It feels very mean to down such cute baby sharks tho

It would have just been play fighting!

But seriously...what a complete fail this has been.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wait, I'm confused. What, exactly, did I miss? I finished DDQ yesterday (including the two LT nodes) and saw no sharks so must have done something wrong.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Check the crash nodes.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Wait, I'm confused. What, exactly, did I miss? I finished DDQ yesterday (including the two LT nodes) and saw no sharks so must have done something wrong.

Look at the two LT nodes - they should both have shark motiffs. They were updated with Fish-based opposition but as you finished yesterday you can't battle them today on the actual day of the Taco Tuesday event.

• DAZ0273
    Options

So it is just Tuesday for most of us it seems.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options

That's gotta be a bug. Nothing else in the game works like this, that you're locked out from completing a brand new node because you did the regular thing like normal the day before. It doesn't seem intentional. Crossing my fingers that they'll unlock it for everyone.

• Bowgentle
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for two additional LTs.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options

I don't necessarily expect them to hand out extra LTs, but I do expect them to find a way to make these nodes accessable to play for everyone. They made a special event thing with changed art and lots of players cannot even do the thing. That can't have been what they intended.

Easiest way is to just rerun it next week and just make it that week's crash properly. Or for something more immediate that does not require changing the future crash schedule, they could make the nodes replayble the way the 1v1 Shield Training nodes are - not giving out exta rewards or points, but you could play vs the cute sharks as often as you want for the duration of this daily. I'd prefer that tbh.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

There sure is a whole lot of griping over something that has no affect on rewards. You gain or lose nothing by playing this today vs yesterday

• Bowgentle
    Options

Well we lose the chance to play against Jeff!
    Sure, no rewards are lost, but still.