Boss Event - Apocalypse Re-Run (4/5/23)

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    She does permanent damage so maybe that is the reason? Stops Apoc regen.

But if you’re one-shotting him does that matter?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    She does permanent damage so maybe that is the reason? Stops Apoc regen.

But if you’re one-shotting him does that matter?

True. Uhm...she distracts him with her Rob Liefeld drawn leg allowing the rest of the team to jump him?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Waddles_Pines said:

@Scofie said:
    Can I just say how much easier it is to kill Apoc with a champed 5*Magik. My alliance is only on Round 4 at the moment, but it's been a turn 1 kill several times already.

@Scofie
    How? I don't mean that as snark. I am genuinely curious. Don't have her champed yet, but also but sure how to play her either. Thanks.

@DAZ0273 has it right. She's boosted 70 levels above the other boosted 5s too so hits like a truck with permanent damage. I'm using her with Grockitty for early levels for an extra bit of early punch.

Pretty much a two match-3 cascade does it in red/ black/ purple. Perm damage helps if there are no suitable cascades.

• iteration2
    iteration2 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

So disappointed that the first one was apparently an error. My alliance never seems capable of getting far enough in these boss events for me to get enough points for worthwhile rewards. This one was an exception.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

My alliance is done with the team progression on the 2nd boss run! Thanks for the additional Kang covers!

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

@iteration2 said:
    So disappointed that the first one was apparently an error. My alliance never seems capable of getting far enough in these boss events for me to get enough points for worthwhile rewards. This one was an exception.

Yeah, I always hit max progression along with 1 or 2 others in my alliance, but we never get beyond round 6 for the group progression…
    Doesn’t help that we have maybe 7 inactive Commanders in the alliance.
    I presume there is no way to kick them??

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Gymp28 said:

Yeah, I always hit max progression along with 1 or 2 others in my alliance, but we never get beyond round 6 for the group progression…
    Doesn’t help that we have maybe 7 inactive Commanders in the alliance.
    I presume there is no way to kick them??

There sort of is through CS, but they have to have been innactive for 30+ days I believe. It'd honestly be easier to just take your actives over to a new Alliance.

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

Well I believe they’ve all been inactive for several years, so wouldn’t be a problem 😂
    Will see about migrating the herd as you suggest though, thanks.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options

My alliance should have a space open soon for anyone interested, just PM me. We usually have 12-15 get progress each boss. I am lucky that I am the only commander in my alliance. ;)

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Interesting boss apocalypse interaction: I let one of his countdowns kill iHulk, and he revives no problem. 5* Deadpool’s black ignores that health loss in its total damage, and just does whatever match damage he had done up to that point. I’m sure it’s as designed, just an interesting mechanical note that those CDs have a kill switch instead of doing infinite damage like Whales! Does.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Odd, I was letting the countdown tile take out Jean Grey. Her health then showed up on Deadpool’s black and let me one shot Apocalypse, even on round eight.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah I think she “dies” differently than Hulk does under the hood maybe. Hulk should have added 16-20k to the total and it was still just 5k when I did it.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Not sure if I’m going crazy or not, but did this event just end? Was it not slated to end tomorrow?

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options

Started a day earlier than usual.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options

Never thought of that tactic I just normally gritty him and he's dead before that 1st countdown tile goes off

• Glockoma
    edited April 2023
    Options

@658_2 said:

I guess that’s what I get for not paying attention to the officical calendar.

I just find it a bit of a let down for those in the general population that were under the illusion that more time lay before them.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Glockoma said:

@658_2 said:

I guess that’s what I get for not paying attention to the officical calendar.

I just find it a bit of a let down for those in the general population that were under the illusion that more time lay before them.

I mean, there's a timer on the event.

• Glockoma
    Options

The timer was displayed with the excess of time left, not accounting for the early end time.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

? It said how many hours were left in the event, yeah.
    Like any timer in every event.