Boss Event - Apocalypse Re-Run (4/5/23)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited April 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

This Wednesday, April 5th, we'll be re-running the X-Men vs Apocalypse Boss Event to allow last week's affected players to participate as originally intended. Everyone can play and earn rewards of course, but this way all players that weren't able to earn full Progression rewards due to being "stuck" in Round 8 with difficult opponents and players who felt that there was no point in participating because the event was "finished" (and thus not getting Alliance rewards) can give it another go. We'll be making the following changes to the event:

• Fixed score targets.
  • Updated Alliance rewards: Luke Cage (Power Man) -> Colleen Wing (Heroes for Hire)
  • Updated Alliance rewards: Kang Blue ability cover -> Kang Purple ability cover

Progression rewards will be remaining as-is since they contain the required characters for the PVE rotation.

Sorry about the issues with this event, and hopefully this second run with its attendant rewards will help make up for it! Thanks as always for playing!

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor

Nice! Good solution.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

Thank you for the info!

@IceIX said:
    Updated Alliance rewards: Kang Black ability cover -> Kang Blue ability cover

For the boss, a blue and a black cover were awarded for alliance and personal progression. If you're going to change Kang's black to a blue, could you please also change the blue that's awarded for personal progression to a purple? Otherwise it will be a double blue cover...

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

So this means we can earn double Kang covers in personal progression too right because my alliance will likely not finish round 8.

KGB

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin

@AlexR said:
    Thank you for the info!

@IceIX said:
    Updated Alliance rewards: Kang Black ability cover -> Kang Blue ability cover

For the boss, a blue and a black cover were awarded for alliance and personal progression. If you're going to change Kang's black to a blue, could you please also change the blue that's awarded for personal progression to a purple? Otherwise it will be a double blue cover...

Updated, totally my mistake, I misread current rewards and put in the wrong ones in this post. Progression is unchanged (Black). Alliance is updated to Purple.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

@IceIX said:
    Updated, totally my mistake, I misread current rewards and put in the wrong ones in this post. Progression is unchanged (Black). Alliance is updated to Purple.

Perfect, thank you for the clarification! :smiley:

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

Thanks for changing Luke Cage to Wing!

• will7612
    will7612 Posts: 55 Match Maker

@Punisher5784 said:
    Thanks for changing Luke Cage to Wong!

Actually it's Wing

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

@will7612 said:

@Punisher5784 said:
    Thanks for changing Luke Cage to Wong!

Actually it's Wing

Thanks for catching that. I accidentally hit the wrong letter. I made the update

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Fixed score targets... :'(

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker

I agree, I think it's the first time ever my super casual alliance got the final Alliance Reward, which also let me get the final progression reward cause my boss's points were way higher earlier.

It was the C2E2 convention in Chicago this past weekend (remember when MPQ used to have a booth there like 2014/2015 era?), so was nice to not have to worry about MPQ during that.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023

This is definitely a cool way to resolve the weirdness. Not least because this is a fun event with the potential for real challenge. I remember so well when this debuted (The year? That I can't remember lol). I was transitioning 3-4 and this was REALLY hard. It took a lot of puzzling and refining of tactics. Great event, IMO.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler

Thank you for giving players another opportunity to earn the Boss rewards!

Will this re-run start at the same time as previous Boss events, i.e., 9 AM Pacific Time / 12 PM Eastern Time?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

Let's hope it didn't start last Sunday and when you joined you were supposed to have used your time machine.

• Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 101 Tile Toppler

@DAZ0273 said:
    Can Apocalypse get a drill arm?

Best comment, made my day after seeing your other post.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

Can I just say how much easier it is to kill Apoc with a champed 5*Magik. My alliance is only on Round 4 at the moment, but it's been a turn 1 kill several times already.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I just want to say that I wouldn't mind another "mistake" during the next run.
    This feels SO SLOW with the correct round targets 🤣

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:
    Can I just say how much easier it is to kill Apoc with a champed 5*Magik. My alliance is only on Round 4 at the moment, but it's been a turn 1 kill several times already.

@Scofie
    How? I don't mean that as snark. I am genuinely curious. Don't have her champed yet, but also but sure how to play her either. Thanks.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

She does permanent damage so maybe that is the reason? Stops Apoc regen.